Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Thanks all
@tasha to be honest, when i first found out i was awake for a few nights in complete fear and terror. I relived the day i gave birth to Michael and the NICU expereince kept flashing in my mind. Talk about a flashback OMG. Im gaining courage day by day, tyring to be optimistic that it will be different this time.
I am somewhat detached to this baby idk why? I hope this feeling changes in the near future. My care plan is to see my perirntologist (spelling) once i return to Canada in the next few weeks. Im in Africa right now with DH we have many businesses over here and i just opened a clinic so its hard to pack up a leave on a whim. Once i do return i am suppose to have a Abdominal cerclage placed because the tvc failed X 2 in the last pregnancy. Also hoping pre eclamsia and gestational diabetes stay away also. Looks like i am hoping for a miracle, but hey they do happen:winkwink:.

I'm 5 and a bit weeks gone (not counting chickens here - I've got a history of early miscarriages around the 6 1/2 week mark - I'll be scanned through first trimester from about 8 weeks as the consultant's on holidays before then), with a 4 month old 33 weeker (if the clocks hadn't gone back that weekend she'd have been a 34 weeker), had a horrific hospital stay (particularly in transitional care after NICU)... and am understandably terrified - heck, I'm still having counselling to get over it now.

Doesn't help they've taken me off my anxiety meds (one of the biggest things I was having nightmares about was social services - the neo-natal staff had called them on me because I was fricken terrified, been denied pain relief and was trying to stop them causing long-term damage to my SPD - SS concluded no case to answer but I'm always going to remain "known" to them and therefore I'm terrified they'll turn around and come for us one day) and won't prescribe alternatives unless I go back to the hospital it all happened in - which, when I had to go for a physio checkup at the "congratulations you got a mahoosive tear" clinic (quite an achievement for a baby so small to make such a mess lol), I had weeks and weeks of flashbacks and walked the corridors of the hospital sobbing and shaking.

I don't know what they'll do regards monitoring me for another prem birth - since it all happened out of the blue and no one knows why as well... hoping the midwife (who is lovely) gives me some better answers when she sees me in a few weeks.

@ dizz congrats and the story your narratted sounds very traumatic, take your time and dont expect it all to go away overnight, its been 2 years for me and it still hurts the entier expereince, so please dont be to hard on yourself.

congrats to both of u.

im kinds sad to say i wont be back lol chris has had the erm snip snip haha x

I'm due 02.10.2013 with baby five. I've had two full term babies (38 wks and 39 wks) and two preemies (33 wks and 35 wks) in the past so it's up the air where this one will go. I never know. All I do know is...my pregnancies are always eventful.

Girls - throw me all your due dates and I will freshen up the list this afternoon x

As it currently stands - April 14th... first birthday for number 1 is April 9th so things could get rather interesting!

Agiboma, Bleedingblack and dizz - you're all on the first page.

What a painful process that was updating, I have updated for the old members too. Phew. :rofl:

Agiboma, Bleedingblack and dizz - you're all on the first page.

What a painful process that was updating, I have updated for the old members too. Phew. :rofl:

I've been on this thread for a while. :haha: Can you add my babies (or baby, since Elias was my first preemie, and Fenix was born after him!)? Elias was born at 28.6 weeks on November 16th, 2010 weighing 2 pounds 11 ounces, 15 inches, and Fenix was born at 35 weeks on December 10th, 2011, weighing 4 pounds 13 ounces, 18 inches. :D

Me too. Thank you so much Sandi, it really brings a smile to my face. This thread meant and means so much to me.

I still hope to make it back here at some point.

have u had ur appointment yet with the dr? i cant remember his name. the consultant one.

Srrme I'll get u updated when I'm back on a pc of sorts! I might have missed a few :wacko:
Tasha I just felt a mention wasn't enough, I added her birthday too. If you want me to remove anything you know u can just say the word

have u had ur appointment yet with the dr? i cant remember his name. the consultant one.

Not yet. I didnt ovulate last month, what a pain in the butt.

Srrme I'll get u updated when I'm back on a pc of sorts! I might have missed a few :wacko:
Tasha I just felt a mention wasn't enough, I added her birthday too. If you want me to remove anything you know u can just say the word

I just looked, thank you :hugs: I love it and I love the dragonfly and bubbles too. I dont want anything remoed. It is perfect. And as I've said before it means so much that you girls care about her :kiss:

are u gonna have any more sandi? x

Yes, next year she just know it yet :haha:

did u say u was going to the university hospital in coventry? walsgrave?

haha sandi should have another one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->