Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Congratulations on him coming home, fantastic to have started the New Year off all together at home :D

Hi ladies, Im soo glad i found this thread!!

Heres a little bit about my DS, I was admitted to hospital at 35+5 days for high blood pressure and was put on meds for it which within a day had started to lower it. They kept me in for observation but my little man decided to arrive 4 days later, I naturally went into labour and he was born at 36+2 weighing 8lbs 6oz so he was a bruiser.
He then spent the next 10 days in specail care due to jaudice they thought at first he would need a blood trandsfusion but luckly it wasnt needed but they had him hooked up to drips and tried to give him 2 lumber puntures which were completly horrific!
After all that we were given mixed reasons as to why it happend, origonally we were told that my blood type (res neg) DIDNT have enything to do with it (it was just because he was early!) but at my sons 6 month check a different doc said it was most proberly due to my blood type even though i had my injections and was clear for antibodies!!

So im now 14 weeks pg with number2 and im terrified the same thing is going to happen again!
The midwives have no help with my questions, i just want to know whats the likely hood of it happening again (the pre-term labour!)?
And is this next baby going to get ill like my son did!!

xx

So glad wee fenix got home to see in the new year with x

Daniel doing amazing it's day 34 for us and Daniel has been in a cot for over week his ng tube came away for good this morning he is still on 3 hourly feeding but hoping to move to 4 soon and get quantity up he has just piled the weight on and now roughly 4lb 7 and no longer needs the fortifier in his em. Today was the first anyone mentioned discharge so I think as soon as he gets feeding down to a fine art. His nurse said today that rooming in may not be needed in our case as we had been there and done it with Matthew plus they don't have a bed just now so hoping that speeds up the process.

I'm more than a little worried about his breathing etc when he comes home as he was on and off ventilator and oxygen and as thinking about getting the angle care sensor monitor for added peace of mind as hubby will be working away all week, has anyone tried these? Xx

Cherry, this is my second early baby due to pre eclampsia I was assured that it's less common in a second pregnancy and if my BP did start causing trouble it would be later in pregnancy and would be mild - total opposite I was 'critical' but I have kidney damage that they now think is the main reason I was so unwell.

You did well to get to36 weeks with your son and considering his gestation he did really well. I think it always look very drastic seeing a "bigger" baby in special care as you'd expect to find wee teeny ones in incubators and cots hooked to Iv etc but they really are in the best hands, the nursing staff are miricale workers

You will find when you get to roughly 24 weeks Midwifes will step up your monitoring and you will have regular bp checks. I can't speak for early labour as I was emergency c section with both boys but sounds like your wee man knew it was time to come and you still managed to experience labour. Wishing you a long and healthy pregnancy congratulations.

Hi all just wondered if any of you have been put on asprin? I was given it today and not told why xx
My monthly appintments have gone to fortnightly and the bp is starting to rise lets hope it gets sorted xx

I think it prevents high blood pressure hun?

They usually use it if you have had placenta issues and/or pre-eclampsia previously. I have had both and am on 150mg a day, they do tend to start it around six weeks though. The reason that they use if for pre-eclampsia is that pre-eclampsia is a placental issue too (just in a different form) and so sometimes aspirin can help to prevent a reoccurance :flower:

Or a clotting disorder, previous DVT etc :flower:

My partner and I are thinking of trying for another baby, but I'm so scared. I feel I could cry all the time at the thought of the anxiety of it all. I worry that I'll worry too much when pregnant and that will bring on an early labour. No one knows what caused my last premature birth. How do you get past that? I'm desperate for another baby but so nervous about it.

My partner and I are thinking of trying for another baby, but I'm so scared. I feel I could cry all the time at the thought of the anxiety of it all. I worry that I'll worry too much when pregnant and that will bring on an early labour. No one knows what caused my last premature birth. How do you get past that? I'm desperate for another baby but so nervous about it.

Hi Linzi, How prem was your last baby? My sons have been born at 35, 34 and 32 weeks so getting earlier and earlier. I'm completely terrified of how early this one will be too. It's hard when you have no reason for a prem birth because there's nothing you can do to definitely prevent it happening again. I'm sure the hospital would keep a really close eye on you if you did get pregnant again, which is a bit of reassurance. I wish you lots of luck in ttc and the journey beyond!!:flower:

Hi im just wondering if anyone could help, since friday i had been getting achey pain in my back which has thankfully gone away but last night i got up of the chair and felt a glob drop into my knickers so went to the loo to check and it was like clear stringey snot,later when i went to the loo i wiped and it was there again and same again this morning but only a little, so my question is do you think this could be my mucus plug? Just getting abit paranoid since i had ds at 34 and tomoz ill be 34 weeks, and how early before labour can you loose it?

Sorry for the rambeling and i hope it makes sense :flower:

Nimoo it can re-generate too, but I think at this stage it is quite normal to lose it, or bits of it xxxx

Well done on getting this far lovely!

Atomicpink thanks for the reply, ive been reading through all my books and it says exactly what you said,
I know im staying really positive on getting term but any little thing makes my brain go on overdrive:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->