Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

^^^^ I am gonna have both i need all the help i can get:blush:

That's great. I think my next pregnancy I am going to opt for both too. I got to 35 weeks last time on progesterone injections, so I'm thinking if I double up, I'll get to term. :haha: Hopefully. :blush:

Sandi - I don't know. And after my US I don't think I am going to be having one.

I went for my US on Tuesday, and the tech literally said pretty much this to me 'Well everything looks great, there is a heartbeat!............' *phew* 'but I will be right back'...I wait, she returns with a doctor. They don't look positive. The doctor begins to explain to me that my cervix is almost nothing, it's so short they cannot even measure it. They refuse to do an internal scan because they don't want to rupture my sac or hurt me or the baby.

They finish by saying 'there is just nothing we can do, but I called the high risk OBGYN to come down and speak to you and review the US'...I wait...they confirm what I was already told.

My doctor called me today (well my husband) and told him I have an abnormally shaped uterus (I am still shocked how this was not seen in the millions of ultrasounds I had with Marlow...I am going to assume, that they missed it because either both my pregnancies were more to the left side of my uterus and this one is more to the right...that it made it easier to see? Or they were too busy measuring my cervix with M and missed it). I have an Unicornuate uterus. Basically my uterus is smaller because of this and causing my preterm labor, add in my IC and PPROM...I will never see a term baby.

Not even a TAC will help. And they cannot repair it with surgery.

I am going to lose this baby, it's just a matter of when right now. =(

I am so sorry Nic. We are here to hold your hand along the way, and hope agaist everything that this has a better outcome :hugs:

Oh Nic, I am really hoping for a miracle for you xxxx

hi all

im Anna im 12 weeks pregnant today (EDD 7th march) with my 2nd. Sophie was born by EMCS at 35 weeks due to a proplased cord after my waters went. she spent 10 days in SCBU before coming home. shes now a very cheeky 17 month old
Am very nervous about this pregnancy and would love to be added to this group. x

Welcome Anna. I have a 35 weeker too, who weighed one ounce less than your little girl did when born. :haha: Congratulations on your pregnancy.

anna you're now on the list, and congratulations xxx

I feel really bad. DH asked last night if we could TTC another but I said no. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be really gutted. It's not even practical right now, or anytime soon. Maybe he just hasn't taken the practicalities and financial matters into account. I still feel bad about it though.

I feel really bad. DH asked last night if we could TTC another but I said no. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be really gutted. It's not even practical right now, or anytime soon. Maybe he just hasn't taken the practicalities and financial matters into account. I still feel bad about it though.

Dont feel bad, yes you would be upset and perhaps a little hurt BUT you wouldnt want him to TTC just to pacify you, would you? It has to be right for all of you, that means him, but also you and the girls. It isnt right now, so you are doing the right thing even if he gets upset. :hugs:

Hi all, funnily enough Sandi i'm kind of in your husbands predicament - i'd like another and its been a tough topic of conversation between me and my DH for a while as he's happy with our 2 and doesn't want more. Recently he's said that he'll have another if thats what i want but i've got to say i'm struggling a bit. He's been very honest and said that if it were up to him there would be no more but that he appreciates its what i want and that he'll do it - basically for me. Now i just dont know what to do as i feel it should be something you both want, he's said that he thinks loads of people feel differently and that he knows he would love another as much as our 2 but now the decision is down to me i dont know what to do:shrug:

That is really hard claire. The way I see it though is that he wont regret having another, and he will love it etc whereas you will/might regret not having another.

I'm kinda in the feeling of "wait til the girls are at school" . It's not a definate but perhaps after a few years we might be on a similar page than we are now.
I was the kinda girl that swore never to have kids so I'm open minded :rofl:

^^^^ never having kids, i dont see you as every being that type of girl :haha:,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"