Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Sandi how is Alex managing Daycare, the thought of sending Michael off makes me :sick: i think his dad would have to take him for the frist few weeks, i cant manage it. You know when i first took him home from the NNICU i thought he was not going anywhere until he was 4, when he start Junior kindergarden, then i though nah im gonna home school him. Now i have evolved somehow and im trying to get my head around sending him out next september. They say it gets easier, when you have 2 kids is that true?

She doesn't start til Thursday, I dunno how to feel but I think it'll b ok. I work full time though so I can stay occupied. David will have Tori for those few hours while she is there, so it means some time one on one with her , which I imagine can only be beneficial. Alex needs this to develop I think, time away from us. We never leave her anywhere, with anyone. When we got married and when I was giving birth Alex stayed with my best mate who I met on here and then IRL in the neonatal. But that's only been about 2/3 times?

Yes, I can see where you are coming from they say it does help them to talk faster etc. I guess that would also be my motivation on sending Michael to daycare. Please update us on her big day and how she does.

I hates the idea Of her being away from me, but we had a trial hour or so and me and DH made a point in sorta keeping our distance. It was all new to her and she found familiar things like the doll strollers. Alex will have a member of staff allocated to her and they have upped the staff:children ratio so that Alex will get the support she needs

It also ties in nicey with Tori starting to walk. I'm sure being alone and taking the pair of them out to help tori practice walking would be a nightmare :rofl: so those spare hours will help her too

Sounds great, i guess it all works out well. Its good they upped the staff to children ratio, they dont do that over here, instead you get more time with OT and PT

Hi ladies!

Will have a read back of this thread and get to know some of you and your stories :)

My son Ethan was born a month early after my waters broke at 35+5. I know this isn't majorly early like some of you brave ladies but nonetheless was a scary and emotional time filled with neonatal, drips, iv's and the usual rubbish :( I'm half way now and feeling well, but as I near 3rd tri the worry will build a little I'm sure! I'm trying not to worry about it, after all there's nothing I can do about it. There was no reason for my waters to break last time so there's as much chance of it never happening again as there is of it happening again!

Gender scan tomorrow! This baby due 15th January.
Ethan was due 19th and born 23rd Dec!
1st goal is to get to Boxing Day - that will be 37wks then pressure is off.
2nd goal is New Year's Day - that will be 38 wks then no worry at all!

Although I'm trying to stay positive and doing a good job of it atm, my sister yesterday old me that she thought I was 'big for 5 months' and 'you won't go all the way again will you?'. Why do ppl say stupid things!!?

Hope you're all well :)x

Hi ladies!

Will have a read back of this thread and get to know some of you and your stories :)

You'll be a while :rofl:

I have added you to the first page, and congratulations!

welcome newtobumps, well everyone on this thread can definetly understand the anxiety and stress of pregnancy after having a preemie. I think in teh last few days i have managed to just come down from the fence and im trying to relax a bit.

2nd scan yesterday and we're having our much wanted second boy :) All is well.
I think I'll be okay with worries and keeping them under wraps until third tri :)xx

Hello everyone,

Can anyone help?

I have a beautiful 3 yr old who was born at 32 weeks, she is a happy healthy little princess and I thank god every day for her.
I would love another baby but i'm worried the next one will arrive even earlier.

At 28 weeks I was diagnosed with funnelling cervix and managed to hang on till 32 weeks. I was given steroids and had weekly scans and the funnelling seemed to improve slightly although she still came early, and she spent 4 long weeks in SCBU.

I've read some information about stitching the cervix at 12 - 14 weeks as a precaution but it seems to come with complications and risks.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? Any advice you can give me would be great.

Thanks in advance xx

Can I be added to the 2013 due date list please? ;)

Got a Bfp this am and even though it's early days I know you ladies are always here no matter what xxxx

https://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s513/emaritska/401946a5.jpg

Hey hun - when will your due date be? Congratulations again too x

Well my last af was bit weird.....but if we assume it was normal then I'm only 4weeks....so mid may? :/

That's before Ethan's first birthday assuming I went to term :/

15th May if you go 4 weeks from today x

I'll take Tasha's guess for now :haha:

Successful scan today - 8 weeks 3 days, heartbeat there, all progressing normally for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->