Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

@kalaw welcome, i have incompetent cervix and had a transvaginal stictch that was not that sefull because i still had my son @ 25 weeks. I had two of them placed last pregnancy one @ 15 weeks and the other @ 24 weeks. The tvc is ok and has minimal risk. I am not opting for one this pregnancy my best case scenario is TAC which is a permanent stitch and it warrents a csection with delivery, its more difficult to manage but with my history its the best thing for me.
@Emariska, congrats on your bfp

@dizz congrats i also had a scan today saw baby moving all over the place it was nice, i scan every week to make sure all is well, plus for now i have access to an ultrasound machine. But in the next two weeks once i return home that wont be a luxery anymore.

hi ladies
Havent posted in ages

just back from my consultants appointment and thought id update while my little monster is busy watching tv.
So all went well they think im at high risk of pre term labour again due to my bicornuate uterus, i have a cervix scan scheduled for 20 and 24 weeks. they was going to do one at 28 but then decided if i went into labour at this point they wouldnt stop it. also have a growth scan booked in for 34 weeks and steriod injections at 30 weeks. and have to have the dreaded GTT at 28 weeks.
The consultant is trying to convince me to go for a vaginal birth this time around which i am in two minds over although i do think i would prefer a section as apparently if i have a vaginal birth i have to be hooked up to monitors the whole time to keep an eye on baby and incase my scar ruptures. Plus with how hectic and scary my daughters birth was id like a straight forward one this time

xx

Anna congrats on your pregnancy.

@ all anyone know how to change your username on bnb?

well i am really struggling i cant hide it anymore, i need to get this off my chest. I have not bonded with this baby the freight of NNICU and all the other stuff with having a micro prem is really getting to me at this point in time. Not to mention what comes next in this pregnancy for me, possible bed rest if i get a tvc and not the tac. How do i do that with a 2 year old. Not to mention the pre e and gd. Im thinking to myself how do i get through this, i find myself snapping at Micah so often these days and i never did that befor. Cant sleep tonight again due to anxiety again. Does it get better in pregnancy after a preemie? Ladies let me know. Will i eventually begin to accept this baby and perhapes start to love him/her? I really need advice from those who have been their.

Seriously hun, from bfp to about 20 weeks I could not bond. I put on a face but inside I was broken and thought I'd made a massive mistake. It all went away in time though but I was frightened to get too close in case.

you will start to 'love' your baby hun. i was the same when i found out - this pregnancy wasnt planned and i was really feeling negative but after seeing my bouncing baby on the us and hearing the heart beat im excited. even though docs reckon he/she is going to be prem again im just taking each day as it comes and am mega excited to meet this little person. xx

well i am really struggling i cant hide it anymore, i need to get this off my chest. I have not bonded with this baby the freight of NNICU and all the other stuff with having a micro prem is really getting to me at this point in time. Not to mention what comes next in this pregnancy for me, possible bed rest if i get a tvc and not the tac. How do i do that with a 2 year old. Not to mention the pre e and gd. Im thinking to myself how do i get through this, i find myself snapping at Micah so often these days and i never did that befor. Cant sleep tonight again due to anxiety again. Does it get better in pregnancy after a preemie? Ladies let me know. Will i eventually begin to accept this baby and perhapes start to love him/her? I really need advice from those who have been their.

I didn't bond at first either. I was so scared of going into premature labor earlier than before, and losing my baby, so I was very distant at first. It DOES get better though. :hugs:

Hi ladies

Can I join? Iv had a premi 25+5 just gone 1 year old.

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant, tomorrow, and in hospital. Had a bleed this morning and expected a anti d and home. Instead I got a swab which can predict pre term labour and it's came back positive also had cervical length measured and it's 2.4cm should be 4cm so signs of preterm labour are there but no more bleed or pain a little excess discharge. Really hoping to keep housing this baby for a lot longer but very very scared.

Iv Had anti d and first lot of steroids now a night in hospital :-( xx

thought I'd made a massive mistake.
my thoughts exactly @ the moment, hope it changes soon.

@gemlou my son who just turned 2 is also a 25 weeker. I hope your LO stays put and bakes in mommy's tummy a bit longer.

Add me pleaseee! I am 25 weeks pregnant, due 27th Dec. First baby born at 27+5 last year x

Not much talking on this thread boo hooo, how is everyone doing got my surgery on tuesday and somewhat nervous this would be my TAC (trans abdominal cerclage) since the last stitch my tvc failed X2 last time, this is my only hope to carry to term wish us luck ladies.

Hope this works for you Agiboma! xxx

i had my 28 week scan today, 28w 5, the exact same time when we found out michael was in difficulty. im so pleased to say that my little girl is measuring spot on, no problems detected at all. Cant believe it. Not another scan til 34 weeks. random post but i thought id share :)

Thanks for sharing confused, GL on the 34 week scan, i seem to be getting scans every week these days. Hopefully it will slow down soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->