Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

@Tasha how are you and the family doing?
@emariska its going to be diet controlled I have my first appointment with the dietician and nurse next week Tuesday, in the meantime they said to continue to eat what I want :lol:

Quick update - I'm 7 weeks today and saw the heartbeat. I thought it was a little slow but according to them it's a good rate. I go back in 2 weeks for another check. Of course now I'm worried about miscarrying since last time I made it this far with a heartbeat but the rate was low so the pregnancy ended. My ob said I'm way ahead of the game this time but of course I'll worry! But I'm also really happy.

Hi all, how's everyone doing now the weekend approaching?! :)

I went to the hospital on wed and was kept in as on examination the consultant saw leaking and although said wasn't 100%sure it was from cervix she couldn't be sure it wasn't....had a scan yesterday as they thought my fluid could be very low....and it's actually a over average verging on almost too much :/. So another scan in 10days to check what's actually happening!

Emar- glad it wasn't fluid from cervix. I went in on Wednesday with similar symptoms and they found plenty of fluid too. I hope it's nothing major when you go for your scan :hugs:

emaritska - my second twin had polyhydramnios. It was like an ocean when the broke his water.

Lol an ocean? ;) well my waters have gone early both times, and when they first scan me I've always had enough water left which baffled them as how much I lost.....however perhaps it makes sense....my amateur theory is:

I have too much fluid which I read can cause preterm labour etc, I prom at 27weeks usually( I guess I must reach my limit then!) have a scan and fluid is low but ok in terms of baby development etc....then gradually leak out more till I'm induced. Does this sound likely?? Or would polyhydramnious only cause contractions not waters breaking??? *comfused*

Going to ask my consultant at next app but I like to theorise :)

Hope everyone's pregnancies going nicely and babies are behaving. :)

Hi ladies:wave: just found this thread.
I'm Nicola, 19+5 weeks today, 'due' june 4th.
I've had 4 preemies, all emcs,
Elliot - 35 weeks - partial placental abruption.
Alexander - 34 weeks pprom, high temp (suspected infection) fetal distress.
Edward - 32 weeks, scar pain & fetal distress so emcs.
Emily - 25 weeks, placenta previa / accreta, bleeding and contracting.
We lost Edward at 4 weeks 5 days from sids after having him home 1 week.
We lost Emily at 2 days from a pneumothorax and complications from extreme prematurity.
So here we are again, little bit scared to say the least!!

Nicola welcome back to the thread hun, would you like me to pop you on the front page again?

Was i on this thread before then?! :haha:
Serious baby brain! Yes please.

Yes hunny! <3 I gave Emily a mention on the first page when u left us before, I hope this is ok.
Xxx

I just had a look actually and noticed that. Thank you. Must've done it in a blur as i don't remember at all!! Nice to be back anyway. :thumbup:
I'm coming up to the point things started to go wrong with Emilys pregnancy and got admitted (from 20+3) so am feeling a bit anxious even though i've been told the placenta isn't near the scar this time or low. :shrug: just feeling desperate to get past 25+1 problem free!! 32 onwards again i can deal with, nicu's like second home so can cope with that as long as we get to keep this one!!

Hello. Sticking my head in for a quick hi!

Expecting our 7th baby after many difficult times. I have 2 beautiful girls called caitlyn and connie. And 3 angel girls who are never far from my thoughts.

Connie was born 23/12/11 at 26 weeks and I'm 24+3 with a surprise baby. We had a difficult Nicu journey with connie. Grade 3 ivhs, PDA, rop + laser... Connie has a lot of long lasting problems due to her early arrival.

Terrified of how/when this one is going to arrive. I do my best not to think too much about it. But as a result I don't think I'm bonding :(

@Nicola welcome so sorry for you losses
@amy welcome and its normal not being able to bond whenyou have had a very traumatic NICU experience, for me personally I had nightmares about the nicu when I first found out about this pregnancy, I finally came around at 25 weeks after passed the date that I had my son. Don't worry you will come around in time and bond with LO, when you are ready emotionally.

Hi Nicola and Amy :) I'm sorry for you losses :hugs: you ladies are very brave for staying so strong and taking the journey again. I pray you both have healthy pregnancies!

It's my birthday!!!! Hubby is being such a gentleman while I'm on bed rest and getting me flowers and making meals by candles. :) nice birthday after all...

Amy - I've not particularly bonded with this bump, but I didn't bond particularly with last one either - I don't deal well with abstracts, baby number 1 was coming on the back of a string of miscarriages so I was never really 100% they'd make it to be born alive (she did her best to attempt to prevent this lol) and I've spent a lot of both pregnancies just going through the motions and into organisational overdrive (as I can control lists and ticking things off them - I can't control nature or my craptacular uterus)... as it was - we bonded fine in the end (despite the hospital's best attempts to the contrary) - so I'm not worried about this one and feeling similarly again... I know it'll come given time - might not be instant, might be a couple of months of feeling a bit detached from things - but it'll come... I just make sure I don't mention this to the midwives or they'd have me chalked down as a child safety risk and referred to social services or something - so I smile and give them the answers they're expecting to hear!

27 weeks on Wednesday... gotta come off the anxiety meds in a couple of weeks (I asked them to work out the timescale for withdrawing them based upon a 33 week gestation and not 40 weeks for my own peace of mind) and things will NOT be pretty then. Have done lists of what stuff's kept where, washed the premature sized baby clothes and put them in a prominently labelled box, written down big girl's routine for whoever ends up looking after her and made sure her freezer drawer is stocked with decent meals for her... not much more I can do to make sure SHE is well-looked after if I end up delivering early again (and being kept in to do ALL the basic care myself for weeks on end). Like I say - lists and planning I can manage - the emotional stuff... no chance!

Doesn't help I'm riddled and in agony with SPD and last time the odd thought of "god I hope I don't go full-term and overdue here" crept in and I feel guilty that I somehow wished the prematurity on myself that I'm too terrified to even acknowledge the pain I'm in at all this time around!

What irrationally scares me witless is the fact that last time I had the hospital bag done relatively early (start of third tri) and suddenly had the burning urge to get the cameras charged and packed into it like 1 day before I went into labour... and I'm starting to think "need to charge the camera up and pack that" again. Irrational fear or what!?

Lol an ocean? ;) well my waters have gone early both times, and when they first scan me I've always had enough water left which baffled them as how much I lost.....however perhaps it makes sense....my amateur theory is:

I have too much fluid which I read can cause preterm labour etc, I prom at 27weeks usually( I guess I must reach my limit then!) have a scan and fluid is low but ok in terms of baby development etc....then gradually leak out more till I'm induced. Does this sound likely?? Or would polyhydramnious only cause contractions not waters breaking??? *comfused*

Going to ask my consultant at next app but I like to theorise :)

Hope everyone's pregnancies going nicely and babies are behaving. :)

Yep. Everyone jumped back, said "whoa!" and yelled "polyhydramnios!". The scans hadn't shown accurately the amount of fluid.

I haven't had a journey as tough as a lot of other preemie mummies but I'm still struggling with this pregnancy. I'm terrified of what might happen and I feel guilty too that Alexander needs me and there will be another baby to take up a lot of my time. Am I crazy or do others ever feel this way? I'm just beginning to get my head round it but I can't enjoy my pregnancy. We have our first scan and consultant appointment on feb 1st so hopefully once I see the baby things will pick up. Sorry for the downer. Just having a bit of an emotional time just now x

I haven't had a journey as tough as a lot of other preemie mummies but I'm still struggling with this pregnancy. I'm terrified of what might happen and I feel guilty too that Alexander needs me and there will be another baby to take up a lot of my time. Am I crazy or do others ever feel this way? I'm just beginning to get my head round it but I can't enjoy my pregnancy. We have our first scan and consultant appointment on feb 1st so hopefully once I see the baby things will pick up. Sorry for the downer. Just having a bit of an emotional time just now x

I was talking about this the other day and I felt exactly the same :( It becomes a distant memory though - you know yourself how amazing my girls are together and I can barely remember the days where it was just our Alex. It's actually helped her development and they are really the best of friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->