Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

:hugs: very normal Hun, I was convinced I'd loose the baby and like Agiboma didn't bond still havnt really but it will come xx

Hope all you ladies are ok!! I think it's normal to feel anxious, I feel anxious constantly:( I had my 20week scan last week and my cervix has changed ever so slightly from 4cm at 16weeks to 3.4cm at 20weeks. Minimal change I know, and cervical length is amazing, however I can't sleep for worrying its shrinking cnstantly and no one will notice :(

We must be brave ladies :) xxx

Hi. Can I join? A little about my history - I've mc'd twice, had a chemical and delivered twin boys at 28 weeks. My boys' corrected age is 17 months and both are doing really well. I just found out that I am pregnant again. How far along I don't know. I used the cbfm at the start of my last period on Nov 21 just to make sure I'm still ovulating in case I wanted a third and the monitor read low the whole month. On CD 27 I was so upset convincing myself that I'm peri menopausal (I know dramatic but I am 41) and went out to buy a hpt saying that I'd rather be pregnant than menopausal. It showed a faint positive. That was Dec 15. Since I was leaving for vacation on the 23rd I asked my ob to do blood work just to make sure nothing bad was about to happen. On Dec 18th my beta was 142 and on the 22nd it was 670 (I think). Fast forward to today and in one week I'm going to see my ob for my first appt and I'm freaking out. I'm worried that I'll miscarry and then I'm worried I'll carry and have another preemie. Sorry for the long story. And of course now I'm worried that I jinxed myself by posting on here before my first appt!

soooooooooooooo

Scan went well, baby is measuring bang on date! and we saw & heard the heartbeat!

I then had my booking with the community midwife which I was dreading as I didn't much care for her during my last pregnancy but that could be something to do with the fact only only saw her twice in 32 weeks! Well she was LOVELY this time, she has put me on the first time mum's pathway meaning I see her more often, and said if I worry about anything to call! and she said if anyone tries to shrug off any issues I have to get them told that they are to read my history and listen to me!

feeling alot more reassured now :)

Next appointment is my hospital booking on 21st!

hi maxxiandniko :)

If any of you arent on the first page can you update me :( I am so lost. :dohh: Please let me know your EDDs xxx

Woo hoo 3rd tri already Agiboma well done!

Welcome maxxiandniko

Great to hear it went well buttonnose xx

Hi. Can I join? A little about my history - I've mc'd twice, had a chemical and delivered twin boys at 28 weeks. My boys' corrected age is 17 months and both are doing really well. I just found out that I am pregnant again. How far along I don't know. I used the cbfm at the start of my last period on Nov 21 just to make sure I'm still ovulating in case I wanted a third and the monitor read low the whole month. On CD 27 I was so upset convincing myself that I'm peri menopausal (I know dramatic but I am 41) and went out to buy a hpt saying that I'd rather be pregnant than menopausal. It showed a faint positive. That was Dec 15. Since I was leaving for vacation on the 23rd I asked my ob to do blood work just to make sure nothing bad was about to happen. On Dec 18th my beta was 142 and on the 22nd it was 670 (I think). Fast forward to today and in one week I'm going to see my ob for my first appt and I'm freaking out. I'm worried that I'll miscarry and then I'm worried I'll carry and have another preemie. Sorry for the long story. And of course now I'm worried that I jinxed myself by posting on here before my first appt!

:hugs: and noooo, no jinx's here! Wasnt for me :) Let me know when you get your EDD and I'll add you to our front page :D

:hugs: and noooo, no jinx's here! Wasnt for me :) Let me know when you get your EDD and I'll add you to our front page :D

K I will and thanks!

Congrats buttonnose and thanks to everyone for welcoming me. I promised myself today that after my scan next Thursday I will stop POAS including the ovulation sticks from my cbfm ha ha.

Well after my confident "be brave ladies " comment previously I've started leaking a little :( tbh I've felt damp for a few days but put it down to discharge :/ however had a noticeable amount today. Almost too worriedvgo hospital esp as wasnt large amount so have Just ordered some berocca for the morning, will take it sit for half hour to see what accumalates and so if my pads are yellow it's just pee and if not hospital it is.....feling bloody miserable now.

Isn't it funny us girls here pray for things like "please let it be me peeing myself" ;) xxxxxxx love to all you ladies will post tomorrow once my home investigation is complete.

It happened to me, it must have been pee ;) I went to the labour ward though to get checked and they put me on a trace too.

Well after my confident "be brave ladies " comment previously I've started leaking a little :( tbh I've felt damp for a few days but put it down to discharge :/ however had a noticeable amount today. Almost too worriedvgo hospital esp as wasnt large amount so have Just ordered some berocca for the morning, will take it sit for half hour to see what accumalates and so if my pads are yellow it's just pee and if not hospital it is.....feling bloody miserable now.

Isn't it funny us girls here pray for things like "please let it be me peeing myself" ;) xxxxxxx love to all you ladies will post tomorrow once my home investigation is complete.

Good luck and update when you get a chance. Ugh. It's probably pee but how stressful

welcome maxxiandniko no jinx on this thread we all have one goal in mind here you can call it a one track mind if you wish and that is our desire to get to term :thumbup:
@emariska fingers crossed its pee

Hi lovely bump ladies:)

I just recently found this forum, and found it very relieving because I am currently expecting my 3rd baby but had a very premature birth with my second. July 5th born at 18 weeks + 5 days. Healthy living baby girl who lived for 2 hours before becoming an angel. My family has been through so much in such a little time. We were given the wrong gender and all of her stuff still has the boys name birth cert death cert, social security number, and even the urn. So it is hard some days because we are still waiting for the doctors and everyone to change everything to our girls name:( it felt like we lost another baby when they told us several weeks later right when we were starting to cope better...

Anywho, I've passed a huge milestone of 18 weeks and am now in the 20s!! :) huge milestone for me ladies!! And now I'm 21 weeks. My next goal is 24 weeks and then 28. Docs have been checking my cervix every 2 weeks and I have another appt on Tuesday. I'm on complete bed rest but this happens with dd1 so I'm prepared to do anything for my little baby boo. I hope it's okay to talk to you ladies because I don't know if I will make it full term but I know in my heart that my baby is so strong and will stay inside until at least 24 weeks this time. :) positive thinking!

I'm Melanie and my due date is May 21st!
Sorry I didn't introduce my name earlier!

Melanie -

Sorry for everything you've gone through and are going through and congrats on getting to 21 weeks! Did they ever suggest a cerclage? If everything progresses with me that's where I'm headed I think.

Melanie -

Sorry for everything you've gone through and are going through and congrats on getting to 21 weeks! Did they ever suggest a cerclage? If everything progresses with me that's where I'm headed I think.
Thank you! They spoke of a cerclauge but said it wasn't necessary because my cervix wasn't incompetent. But I think if it does start dilating later in this pregnancy, then they will do it. As of now it's tight and closed and I hope it stays that way!!
Congrats on your pregnancy and wish you a healthy term baby :)

Buttonnose:hugs: Your post hit a chord, so happy the scan went well:hugs:

Emaritska I hope everythings ok:hugs:

Welcome to mizzpodd and maxxiandniko:baby:

Agiboma yay for 3rd tri:happydance:

Atomicpink, I need to go see if I'm on first page again, due 26th august with twins :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->