Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

@Sam and Dizz :hugs:
@Atomic pink i really look forward to that day because im still feeling guilty that i wont have enough time for M, but your post gives me some hope about my kids becomming best friends.thanks for sharing that.

Honestly little Tori just doesnt realise how important she has been to Alexs development. They are adorable, yep the fight over little things but they are lost without each other and nap every afternoon holding hands <3 Every night after dinner they go crazy and run around the house giggling and playing silly things theyve made up between themselves :wacko: Had I known the fun theyd have together I'd never been worried, i'd have been excited!

Matthew and Daniel are great play mates too it was hard when Daniel was in hospital Matthew couldn't look at him in the incubator kept saying he was sad was heartbreaking but as soon as he came home Matthew has never left his side great pals and Daniel has quickly came on following him about just hoping Daniel gets on with new baby have no doubts Matthew will xx

Bumpsmum - Elliot was like that with Alex too - he wouldn't even look at him in the incubator (he was only 20 months though so must've all looked a bit strange and scary)
They are the best of friends now - (even if they do have the odd fight - but, hey they're boys!!) They sometimes argue with each other but if there's someone else involved they stick up for each other and are a force to be reckoned with!!
Abigoma - I also worried about sharing time etc but somehow, it just works. I don't feel as anxious this time because i know they'll all get the love and attention they need. You'll be just fine. :hugs:

Baby has been kicking much more the last few days and i've really felt myself start to bond more. Like lots of you have said, it's hard to bond after a preemie/loss because maybe you don't want to let yourself get attached 'just in case'. I feel much more positive about this pregnancy than i did with Emily but maybe just because i knew there were placenta problems and had started hospital admissions with contracting/bleeding already by now.
Don't know, just hoping the positivity is a good sign!!

Mizzpod - Happy Birthday for yesterday, hope you enjoyed your day. Why are you on bed rest?

Hey Amy ;) when is your due date hunny?

Argh, this thread just sits here taunting me........

Not joining you AGAIN, this month.

Fekk.:dohh:

*preseed*cough*

:blush: I'm telling you that stuff is miracle stuff, just never discuss it with me face to face, any of you :rofl:

Thanks Nicola:hugs: okay I tend to babble so to make a long confusing story short...
I delivered extremely premature with my 2nd pregnancy for unknown reasons. IC has been ruled out. I was diagnosed around 8 weeks this pregnancy with a prolapsed uterus meaning it keeps falling down (that explains my first 2 pregnancies low pressure pains). With this pregnancy the pressure is worse. It is putting a lot of pressure on my cervix and baby is funneling a little now. I was 2.5cm before bed rest but last check I was 3.9cm!! I pray baby has stopped funneling as well. I also have pre eclampsia which is borderline severe right now but I check my bp everyday at home and it seems to be normal:)
Bed rest is until delivery which I pray is in may at full term. I also have a low lying placenta but did with dd1 and that corrected itself with her. I have gestation thrombocytopenia which is a blood disorder during pregnancy (I get it every time but I'm glad because that means my risks for dvt and blood clots reduces to almost none). I was scared that I didn't have it which would put me at risk for dvt and blood clots since I'm on strict bedrest until delivery. Fx crossed for no GD this time! (Unfortunately pre eclampsia came back but hopefully it'll stay in control again) hope this wasn't too long! Lol
Next check is this Thursday and I pray everything has stated the same! Doc will also discuss plan of care because once my platelets gets below 70000, they transfer you to high risk hospital 90 miles away :( I didn't get that low until middle of last tri so I hope it takes even longer this time. Can't imagine being away from my family during the week. I'm still adjusting to my 2 yr old being in dsycare!

@mizzpod :hugs: thats a lot to deal with i am hoping you health holds up and LO stays baking a while longer to TERM!!!!!!

Agiboma- Thanks :hugs: like I said before strong ladies like yourself helps me to stay positive and optimistic because some days it is a bit depressing being alone in a room all day lol I didn't think I would be on bedrest again but I will do any and everything to I can to keep baby cooking until full term!

Btw I see you moving right along!! You are getting closer to full term!

Wow Mizzpod that's a lot of complications to be dealing with! I will keep everything crossed that the pe doesn't get worse and cervix doesn't shorten funnel any more! That's great that it has lengthened since being on bedrest! It might be boring and hard but if it gets baby to term it'll all be worth it!:hugs:

Just back from the hospital as I was having terrible pains yesterday. They thought it was an ectopic but I'm glad to say they were wrong and baby is doing well. Measuring right on my dates x

Hope everyone is doing ok <3

My toddler was diagnosed with slapped cheek on friday, so today I have to go have a blood test to check my immunity, really hoping the results come back ok but it can be pretty dangerous if your not immune and get it in pregnancy :(

Oh nooo so it was slapped cheek? :( Do you know when you will get your results back?

no idea, will ask today, but someone in my birth group has her bloods taken yesterday and was told it will take 10 days for results!!!

like I don't have enough to worry about already! :(

I'm still waiting for blood results through from over a fortnight ago to check my whooping cough immunity after a delightful relative decided to bring her baby (and chirpily comment "ooh we've all got a rotten bug but we wanted to come get our presents") for Christmas - baby subsequently ended up hospitalised for whooping cough, I know I wasn't immunised as a child as there was a MMR-esque health scare at the time.

If it's anything like that situation - there's only one or two labs in the country do the testing apparently so the midwife found out when she was querying why the bloods haven't come back yet - hence the delay.

Thankfully neither me nor the baby (nor the husband cos he's HELL when he's ill) have come down with it.

Sam that's great news!:D

Button I'm so sorry and hope you turn out fine:hugs:

Dizz I'm glad your family is good and cough free :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->