Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

I'm just happy they are being very cautious with your pregnancy :)

They are brilliant to be fair, I'm on progesterone and bi weekly cervical checks I've had early scan due to ectopic and blood drained left right and centre lol! Xx I think it's just as I've reached my last ones arrival time I'm just worrying xx

Sarah xx

Oh that's completely understandable :hugs: I think each woman whose gone through this experiences those feelings around their baby's previous arrival. It sounds like you are moving along smoothly! :)

I just get fed up with people to keep my legs crossed lol oh yeah THATS how it works! Pft!

Sarah xx

@ Sarah i hear you on keeping your legs closed, i had weekly cervix checks and although i didnt mind i was looking fwd to not having to do them anymore thank goodness my DR agrees and they have stoped as of 30 weeks so now we just check the growth of the baby YEAHHHH!!!

How's everyone doing today? Going ok?

I got my results back ...no infection at the moment, and now the consultant won't see me till 28weeks :(
I'm still leaking slowly and lots of low pressure, but they aren't interested! Seeing my local midwife on Wednesday, am going to demand a scan at 26weeks to check fluid level....it dropped over the previous 2weeks so a scan then should show if its dropped again over the past two weeks as consultant who reviewed my file for literally 3mins said one scan showing a drop on the chart isn't significant ...regardless of my history and went as far to use the phrase "we are always suspicious of anyone presenting with a history like yours,,,it's so rare for prom to happen twice at the same gestation. Obviously I mean that nicely."

More i think about it the angrier I get!

Emar :hugs: sweetie. Wow they really know how to piss off a high risk pregnancy woman! That's so frustrating and I hope you do give them hell and demand a fluid check. It's not like its a huge procedure! And they should be doing it becuz of your constant leaking and history.... Better safe than sorry especially when it comes to your child!! I hope you can get reall answers at your next apportionment

Goodness I can't believe they aren't checking you more closely!! I'd be inclined to go to a and e or walk in centre they should at least do a fluid check!!! Hope you hang on in there!

Sarah xxx

Thanks, it just gets to the point where you start to feel like you are crazy :(

Thank you!! 24 weeks is finally here!!! Yes! :D next goal is 28 weeks. I pray this cerclauge keeps holding together :) can't wait until my appt Thursday. Will definitely update!

I hope everyone else is doing okay.. Considering this stressful time :hugs:

Had a scan today and very very pleased to say there is only one baby in there and all looking well so far. :happydance:

Can anyone tell me what normally happens at a consultant appointment and how often they will likely see me etc? We have our scan and consultant appointment on Friday. The midwife mentioned the consultant seeing me at 12 weeks and then 28 weeks which has panicked me as Alex was born at 27 weeks!

Hi sam182, the consultant should decide at the 12week app how often they will see you, I expect the 12week and 28week app the midwife mentioned are general guidelines....however....I have prom twice at 27weeks (but didn't deliver for weeks after) ...and I have been told I won't be seen till 28weeks now even though they have already said I'm leaking :/

Fingers crossed you get a good 'un ;)

My 12 week appointment was the one where the consultant decided on two weekly cervix checks I then went on progesterone suppositories I have next appointment tomorrow!! This is on top of normal midwife appointments xx hope that helps a little?!?

Sarah xx

Congrats 25weeker!!!!!

Sam it depends on the circumstances. On the first app about 13 weeks we went through Alexs old birth files and couldn't figure out a reason for delivering. All we could do, was assume it was a type of infection the hospital didnt pick up. So, I had swabs every four weeks taken at each consultant appointment. Inbetween that landed my scans and FFN tests, and started the progesterone at 22 weeks

I wasn't seen by consultant til 16 weeks (he wasn't there was a junior dr :dohh:) although at 7+2 put on aspirin at early preg clinic. Like you told 28 weeks depends how hopefully symptom free you are before then. I've to have urine checked, msu sent away BP check and kidney functions done every 4 weeks til 28 weeks then every 2 weeks when growth scans etc start xx

my son blake 21/05/09 5lb 1
NICU with grunt for a week then transfered to transitional care for a week

suffered with bronchiolitis 5x within 4 months but a happy healthy 3 1/2 year old now

pregnancy problems:
c-section
breech
PROM (waters broke at 31 weeks)
gestational diabetes from 6 weeks
epilepsy

hoping this one will have an easier time with :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->