Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :happydance: Officially full term!!! Oh my lands guys, this feels wonderful! I am on cloud nine!

Hi ladies a bit of advice what's your opinion on the steroid injections to help the lungs? With my first he didn't have them as I was induced and pregnancy was ok to a point he was 36+5 spent 13 days in hospital but wasn't too bad just a little bit of help wih breathing. I had a planned section with esmae at 36+6 and had the steriod injection . But when esmae came out she came out and became floppy and ended up having the ventilator breathe for her and was worse than cal. This time around I really don't know if I want to have it again if it caused more trouble. I know it might not of but I don't want this baby being as bad xx

Was there a reason esmae had the steroids? Here they don't even give them after 34 weeks, whilst I'm not 100% on the reason why I assume it's just because of the later gestation?

I had them at 29 weeks I think because they knew she would come early to help her lungs but I wasn't that early when I had her. I might just have to mention it the further along I get xx I was carrying a lot of fluid but I don't think that would of made a biff difference . Xx

Congratulations, Kate! :)

I am 35 weeks and 1 day. It's the longest I've ever been pregnant! :haha: I am hoping I make it to 36 weeks, then 37! :D

Baby Ava arrived 1 day before her due date on the 17th of December. It was amazing to actually come home from the hospital WITH HER! <3

Congratulations Skadi you must be feeling amazing

Had my baby girl! Perfect and showing all signs of maturity born at 39+1 on Christmas morning safe at home. 7lbs and 20in , she's a boob fiend and I'm sure will be super chunky in no time!

Had my baby girl! Perfect and showing all signs of maturity born at 39+1 on Christmas morning safe at home. 7lbs and 20in , she's a boob fiend and I'm sure will be super chunky in no time!

Great news congratulations xx

Just discovered we're expecting again and I'm terrified. We were being careful and I'm in no way ready for this. Last time was a 28+0 delivery due to severe pre-e and HELLP, I've been told I've got a greater than 90% chance of going the same route this time. I'm so happy as a family of 3 at the moment I can't imagine spending the next year of our lives in hospitals again. I've been crying all night which makes me feel like a terrible person because I should be happy, our daughter brings us so, so much joy and I'm sure this baby will do the same, but I'm not ready for this. Hoping ladies in here will understand where I don't think anyone else will.

Congrats on your Christmas bundle Kate! What a special present.

Dinah I remember you from a bp thread. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I know it's scary and difficult to get excited but you will be treated differently knowin what's happened and you'll be at appointments more than your at home ha ha. That's what it felt like with ds.

I'm 12+3 with this little one. So far enjoying it more than last time but the nerves and anxiety will always be there. I think it's more the unknown that I feel nervous about.

Early scan on Monday due to pain over my right ovary. Considering how freaked out I was at first I'm now terrified something is wrong.

Scan went well. One happy baby with a nice strong heartbeat, measuring a little before 6 weeks :D

Hi Dinah, not sure if you can remember but I'm also in the June bugs with you and on the fb page a Faye. Glad scan went well xx

I had my baby boy on Saturday after 3 hours of natural labor. He was born at 38.5 weeks and weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and measured 20 inches. It felt so nice having him in my room with me the entire time and being able to leave the hospital with him! :happydance:

I had my baby boy on Saturday after 3 hours of natural labor. He was born at 38.5 weeks and weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and measured 20 inches. It felt so nice having him in my room with me the entire time and being able to leave the hospital with him! :happydance:

That's so nice. Big congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->