Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Just found out me and husband are expecting #2 already. I was so busy taking care of our son I missed a couple of BC pills. We always wanted them closer together but after having Silas at 30 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome we were very afraid to get pregnant again.

What's crazy is going by my last period this baby will be due around the same time Silas' original due date was. Guess me and OH just like to do it Mid February lol

Congrats Jes! I can definitely understand your worry about having another so quickly in your situation. I know I won't be ready for a couple years at least. I'm really bad at remembering pills so I'm getting an iud soon. Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months.

Congratulations, Jes! I fell pregnant 5 months after my 28.6 weeker. :) My last two had the same due date! :lol: All of my babies were due in January-February. :lol:

Congrats jes. A pregnancy after a preemie will be a worry no matter when it happens. Try and enjoy it as much as you can xxx

Congrats jes x
I had my 20 week scan Friday and after worrying there will be extra fluid and a big baby , fluid is fine and baby is only on the 9th line. I'm hoping all still works out. I'm still hoping for 37 weeks xx

Had my consultant appointment yesterday and they found trace protein. I'm trying very hard not to panic as I know it would be very rare for pre-e to hit this early, but last time I went from trace to +4 and HELLP within 5 days so at only 17+2 it's blinking scary. The registrar gave me a quick scan and she said my fluid around the baby looks good, baby was moving a lot which was nice to see as it didn't move at all at my 12 week scan. My blood pressure hasn't really risen in the last 4 months and I'm still on a low dose of labetalol and holding steady at about 120/88 as an average. She did say the sample was a bit cloudy which could mean either a uti or skin cells got in the sample, or I could be dehydrated (I didn't actually make it to bed the night before as we had a midnight flight, landed at 3.30 in the morning, then a 3 hour drive, so I only had an hours sleep on the plane) and I only had about 500ml fluid between midnight and my midday appointment.... I feel like I'm rationalising so I don't face the big wolf, but I have to hope it's a non pre-e cause otherwise this baby doesn't even have a hope :(

I had a trace of protein at last appointment to , they've upped my bp tables from 2x 125mg now I'm 3x 250mg. Tbh I'm blaming the electronic machines as manual is just perfect xx

I haven't updated in ages!

After having my girls at 29+5, I'm now very excited to say that I'm 33 weeks (as of tomorrow) with our little boy! All is going very well. I have occasional BH, sciatic nerve pain, and all kinds of crazy pressure/pain in my lady bits, but my cervix is high, long and closed, and I'm ecstatic to be pregnant still. Just this last week I've had a lot of people (strangers) say to me, "I bet you're miserable and ready to have that baby!" and I've just smiled at them and said, "Nope! He can stay in as long as he wants!"

All things are looking good for my VBAC as well. I switched to a midwife because my OB wasn't being supportive, and it's the best decision I've ever made. My midwife is so great and with her behind me, I feel completely confident that I will have the birth I want this time. It's such a great feeling.

Congratulations to those of you with new babies and new pregnancies. :flower:

Growth scan in 3 hours and I have to say I'm incredibly nervous. Blood pressure has been in the region of 139/105 for a week or so now, but when I get checked at the hospital it drops about 10 points as I have to sit and wait for 2-3 hours and they send me home as its fine - not fine when I move about like a normal person with a toddler! I really want to find out he's still on track and it being high hasn't done any harm, but I'm very scared that actually I'll be told his growth has dropped off, my fluid levels have dropped, and I'm starting to leak protein. 27 days to go until the point I had DD, if I can just get to there without signs of pre-e I'll believe there's a hope.

I just found out I am pregnant. LO was born at 33+5 due to pre-eclampsia, he is 14.5 months now. I am already worried about it happening again.

Update from me, I'm now 29+0, one whole week past where I had DD, which is brilliant. Currently no signs of pre-e or hellp, but I do have restricted flow through the cord, so I'm on twice weekly scans in case it turns into absent flow, and I've already been given steroids to mature the baby's lungs. Feels weird to be at that point when I feel absolutely fine.

Misspriss congratulations on your recent bfp! Hope you can relax a little. The good thing is you'll be monitored much closer and if it does happen again it will be picked up quickly. But then it might not happen at all!

Thanks Cheska!

That actually makes me really nervous, as much as I want them to catch anything, I don't need to be treated like I already have a problem. I want as much of a natural and intervention free pregnancy and birth as I can get. I'm afraid they will make me come in extra, want extra scans, extra everything. Simply being in the doctors office raises my anxiety levels, so I don't want to be in there extra! It was actually me, taking my blood pressure at home, that caught the sudden rise and prompted me to go in for additional monitoring, which led to induction a couple days later, not any monitoring of the doctor.

Anyway, I'm sure it will be fine. Just kind of jittery about it.

Well unfortunately all was not fine and we suffered an early loss.

I think we may NTNP for a cycle or two before we actively TTC.

Really sorry for your loss Misspriss.

Bit of an update from me after last posting at 29+0. At 29+1 I went in for a growth scan that showed absent end diastolic flow with significant periods of reverse end diastolic flow. So I was taken for an immediate c-section (great fun when your husband works 1hour 15 mins away and you're freaking out not only about having another preemie but that he's going to miss the birth). It's very odd to me that I still had another early delivery but no pre-e or HELLP this time. Benjamin Alan was born at 2.20pm, weighing 2lb 3oz. He's done brilliantly since being born, he was only on the vent for about 36 hours, then cpap for another 3 days, he's been on room air ever since. He's tolerating feeds, his brain scan yesterday showed no signs of bleeds. He was moved out of intensive care to high dependency yesterday. He's being an absolute star and we're so in love with him. Pictures are a few minutes after being born, first cuddles at 4 days old, and having a stretch at 7 days old.

https://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad265/Dinah93/317_zps91414b28.jpghttps://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad265/Dinah93/2014-06-17123809_zps702dabc8.jpg
https://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad265/Dinah93/20140618_121608_zps5f01175a.jpg

Congratulations Dinah!! He's gorgeous!

Haven't read through, will go back again and do that.

Saw the gorgeous pics of baby Benjamin,:cloud9: Such a gorgeous baby!!!

I'm back here again, wasn't planned, found out the same day hubby booked his vasectomy.. He's still getting that vasectomy!!

Not new here though and hoping that this time can be as uneventful as possible:baby: Totally freaking out and terrified though!!!

Hi mummy3!

Well congratulations!! How crazy you found out you're pregnant the day of the vasectomy! What caused you to have your previous kid (or kiddos) early?

I just posted in third tri, but today I am officially the most pregnant I've ever been! It's so exciting. I had my dd at 30+5 due to pre-eclampsia and I was told I am at higher risk to get it again, but here we are and no signs of pre-e whatsoever. I know we're not quite in the clear but at this point I feel like we're past a major milestone so if anything happens from here on out we'll be so much more prepared and feel comfort knowing #2 has had even more time to bake.

Best of luck to you and keep us updated on your pregnancy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->