• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Congrats on being the most pregnant you have ever been!

RcdM that's brilliant, congrats!!!:happydance: Bring on every extra day!!:happydance::hugs:

I only found out about 6 months ago why, I have a genetic condition (ehlers danlos type 1) that predisposes to pprom and tissue, including cervix,fragility. First was induction at 35 weeks for HELLP but going into labour anyway, second pprom at 35 weeks, 3rd c section at 33 weeks for preavia, done as soon as I had symptoms of preterm labour, 4th pprom at 32 weeks, 5th pprom at 31 weeks.

This just took me an age to find. It's not been used in a while! How are you all?

Tasha - congratulations. Everything crossed for a lovely sticky bean.

Srrme - congratulations also. You must have a lot of patience. I cannot imagine having a baby and 3 other little ones to attend to. Hope this little one cooks for as close to 40 weeks as poss!

This just took me an age to find. It's not been used in a while! How are you all?

Doing pretty well! I'm 14 weeks today, BP staying down (but it was at this point with DS as well). Just going along :thumbup:

Congrats to all the new pregnancies!!:happydance::hugs:

How is everyone doing?

I just hit viability and had the steroid shots Wednesday and Thursday, time is going so fast now:wacko:

Hello :)

Not sure if this is an active thread but just discovered it so thought Id say hi. I'm pregnant with #2, due at the beginning of June. My son was born in April 2013 at 29 weeks. He is a thriving, healthy, happy almost 2 year old now. I'm 16w into his pregnancy, and with #1 Id already been to the ER several times for heavy bleeding and contractions. So far everything (but my brain expecting the worst at each turn) is going very well. I have a new doc and am starting weekly progesterone shots this week.

I'm mostly doing ok..until I think too much and then I'm terrified about potentially having another premie- hard enough when my son was in the NICU for 3 months, but now I also have him at home. I don't know how I'd juggle everything if we had to go through that again. I'm hoping with everything that this stays a "normal" pregnancy and that I can carry to term. I'd be thrilled to hit 36 weeks...even happier, of course, to make the full 40....

Hiya Myra. I hope you're okay, I'm glad everything seems to be going well.

How's everyone else?

Can you girls talk to me about cervix lengths? I'm 11+1 and had my first one done today x

Hi Myra! I am glad things are going well so far. I just had my anatomy scan this morning and it all seemed well, although I won't meet with the doctor until next week.

Hiya Myra. I hope you're okay, I'm glad everything seems to be going well.

How's everyone else?

Can you girls talk to me about cervix lengths? I'm 11+1 and had my first one done today x

I'm well. Very crampy this past week. Ugh.

I had my cervix checked throughout my second and third pregnancy. How was your length?

You're really beginning to stretch as your gestation so try not to worry.

They measure three times and they were 2.6cm, 2.7 and 2.5cm. So a mean of 2.6cm. They dont like it to go beliw 2.5, its quite early to be this short I think. Im a little worried but no funnelling or dilation, ph balance was good and membranes were 4cm away from cervix. Thats all positive isnt?

Im on 800mg of progesterone a day so started talking stitches if it gets shorter x

Tasha I've never had my cervix length measured, I wish I could help!

Thank you miss. Your pregnancy is flying by, is your anomaly scan soon?

Yes it is, I just had the anatomy scan this morning, everything looks good so far I will be seeing my doctor next week to go over.

You're really beginning to stretch as your gestation so try not to worry.

They measure three times and they were 2.6cm, 2.7 and 2.5cm. So a mean of 2.6cm. They dont like it to go beliw 2.5, its quite early to be this short I think. Im a little worried but no funnelling or dilation, ph balance was good and membranes were 4cm away from cervix. Thats all positive isnt?

Im on 800mg of progesterone a day so started talking stitches if it gets shorter x

That seems a bit short to me, but if they're not worried I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mine was around 2.7cm at 20 weeks (I don't know if it was that short before then) last time if I recall correctly. I was also on weekly progesterone injections.

Is that wait normal there miss? It would drive me nuts.

Thank you srrme. I've just looked and mine was 3.6 at 14 weeks with my daughter x

My scan was originally the day of my appointment, but she said I could do it a week earlier, so I did so I could have the gender card for Christmas morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->