• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Ahhhh that makes sense. Most people couldn't resist seeing their baby a week earlier :)

Hello ladies!

How long did you wait to TTC for #2 (or w/e number you are on) after having your preemie? I am so scared (like many of you ladies I am sure) of having another preemie. They did not find a reason for why I went into pre-term labor. So I am worried the progesterone shots that I will get in my next pregnancy won't work.

I waited 18 months after my section for various reasons. One for vbac, two to allow my body to heal, three for breastfeeding DS, and four to give me time to lose weight.

Hello ladies!

How long did you wait to TTC for #2 (or w/e number you are on) after having your preemie? I am so scared (like many of you ladies I am sure) of having another preemie. They did not find a reason for why I went into pre-term labor. So I am worried the progesterone shots that I will get in my next pregnancy won't work.

My oldest (born at 28.6 weeks due to spontaneous preterm labor) was 5 months old when I became pregnant with my second.

I was on progesterone injections with my second and made it to 35 weeks. I was on them again during my third (and also refrained from having any intercourse, etc) and made it to 38.6 weeks.

Thanks ladies for the replies :hugs:

I really hopr I can make it past 30 weeks for my next pregnancy.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I had a scan last week (our 3rd) and everything is looking good. I'll continue to have scans every few weeks for them to monitor cervix length. Last pregnancy mine shortened to 3mm at 26w. Progesterone shots start this week.

So Misspriss- dos to find out if you're having a girl or boy?

Kiwi- my son was born at 29weeks and we started trying to get pregnant when he was 17months. We got lucky out second month trying. After everything we went though in the first pregnancy and with our son in his first 8months, we swore we would only have 1 kid. So it's testament to how wel he's doing that we decided to take that lap and try to bring him a sibling.

Thanks, I am beyond excited, I mean I wonder now if I'd be this excited if the card said boy...lol I think it's just because it's different this time, and I'm so excited to do all the different things, like I've been blessed to have a boy now blessed with a girl. I can't believe it still.

Having a girl is so much fun, I love it <3.

Hello there ladies,
I'm not pregnant but I wanted to ask a question.

DS was born at 33 weeks 14 months ago. I went in to spontaneous pre term labour. I think it was due to an infection but I can't be sure and nothing was ever confirmed.

As you lovely ladies can all appreciate, we want to do our upmost to make sure I cook a baby for a bit longer next time....

So before any of you started TTC again, did you go and see your GP or midwife first to talk about this or get any tests done? Do you think they can look back at my birthing notes? I'm in the UK.

Thinking of trying in October when ds reaches 2 so before then I'm trying to lose a bit of weight and lead a healthier lifestyle.

Any insights of any extra maternity intervention you get after having a premie would be helpful (particularly for a spontaneous pre term labour)

Thanks

Awwww congrats miss.

Gi, I'm in the UK too and you can go book a preconception appointment at the hospital you will be having your baby at, discuss care, tests etc xx

Oh and discuss what happened in your past pregnancy if it's the same hospital you had LO at x

Congrats Misspriss!
We're also having a girl- I was a bit nervous at first since I'm so used to having a son and was kind of leaning towards another boy because of the familiarity- but now I'm starting to look forward to having a daughter.

GIJane- my son was born at 29w after my water broke 2 weeks earlier. A cause was never found. But before I starts TTC, I had an appt with my OB/gyn to discuss what could be done to help if I got pregnant again. She also said that the only unusual thing that they could find was that I had a mature placenta in my first pregnancy (more calcified/aged Han it should have been that early on but it wasn't a contributor to preemie)

For this pregnancy, I'm getting weekly progesterone shots starting at 16w and ultrasoubds every 2-3 weeks to check on cervix length. If my cervix starts shortening early again, options are to add a cerclage or pessiary to stop/slow it down. My doc said with these measures, my chance of having a preemie is reduced to the same level as the general population of women who have never had a preemie. I'm hopful...!

I can now safely announce we are expecting baby number 5. My youngest was born at 23+6 after pprom at 23+3. I haven't been told much so far. Just that I will see consultant between 12 and 20 week scan, and that I'll have cervical length measured at 20 weeks and possibly a cervical stitch. I'm so anxious. I just can't enjoy this pregnancy. I'm 12+3 just now, feels like such a long way to go. Positive stories needed please. Xx

Congratulations EmSmith1980! <3 I cant give u experiences but have loads of virtual hugs! :hugs:

:hugs: em. Congratulations. It is scary isn't it?

When you see the consultant maybe you could ask for your cervix scans to begin earlier? Mine started at 14 weeks x

Thanks girls. Yeah I thought 20 weeks was quite late to start measuring my cervix (from what I've googled anyway). I will definitely be asking for them to start asap. I Feel like I'm always sitting at the door waiting for the postman to drop that consultant appointment through the letterbox, but everyday, nothing. Very frustrating. I just want my mind put at ease (slightly) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->