Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Congratulations miraclemomma. And thank you everyone for your congrats. Theo is doing fab. 16 days old already. It's going too fast. Xx

It goes far too fast em.

Congratulations fliss! Happy v day.

Twin mum. Big hugs Hun. My first wasn't my prem (my last was although he was only just classed as prem) but I had had other problems in my pregnancies. I was induced due to pre-eclampsia and he was very small for gestational age (5lb 14oz at 40+6) so had stopped growing at some point which was missed by the crappy hospital I was at. He was on the 2nd centile and has stayed there or lower his whole 5 and a half years.

With my second I did worry a lot. My blood pressure did start to go up and bloods were coming back abnormal near the end but they just watched very closely and did nst and bloods 2/3 times a week. He was born fine 7lb 8oz at 37+5.
Then my last I worried again but my pregnancy was fine minus gestational diabeties. His problems didn't start till after birth.

If baby is small as long as everything else is ok they shouldn't want to induce you Hun. Unless baby stops growing completely and they are better out than in but that's usually a last choice. Try not to worry yourself too much Hun although that's easier said than done. :hugs: xxx

Thanks Sethsmummy. Mine have always stayed diddy too. Now at 7yr old they are just about in the green range for BMI. Always seem to have stuck on the bottom end of the healthy range. Growth scan today went well. Baby is now measuring on the 75th percentile! I was so shocked! 5.1cm of fluid. Now I am worrying it will be a huge baby lmao! Seems to have a fat tummy. FL was just below 50th, HC on the 50th and AC right near the top line!!! Consultant wasn't concerned about the tummy being so much higher so guess we will just see what happens at the next scan.

Aww maybe a short but chunky baby. My second was like that. A tiny little Buddha even though he didn't really weight that much he was just short so it showed a lot :rofl: so glad it went well though. Has it helped ease your mind? Cx

Lol! Yeah I do think getting this far with no issues had settled my mind, like I know if all the fluid suddenly went now baby would still have a great chance of survival where as last time it all disappeared at some point between 21+6 and 23+6 so thats a scary point to be at. If he had not been head down for almost the whole pregnancy into the one tiny pool he did have, it is unlikely his lungs would have matured enough to cope with oxygen as the rest of his sac was empty or like a couple mm behind his knees. Just had this little pool round his head. I just got very anxious in that time period where everything went wrong as such last time. I had contractions at 23+6 and I had contractions and started to dilate, lost show and had bleeding at 32 weeks last time so thats the next mile stone! Along with not delivering at 34 weeks lol!

The posts in this thread look older but here goes... 7 weeks pregnant with my third. First was born induced at 37+1 for pre-e. Second was born at 27 weeks via emergency c/s due to placental abruption and now I am terrified with #3 since my due date is exactly 4 years after the due date of my second!
Due May 13 2016.

avidwriter15 i remember you - congrats!!!

I'm nearly 6 weeks pregnant and absolutely terrified!

My twins were born at 26 weeks... They're not even two yet and here I am pregnant and wondering if it's all going to happen again.

My eyes have filled up reading through some of the posts on here... Really brings it all back.

Twinmum how are you Hun?

Hey dreamin and writer. Congratulations on your pregnancies. I am wishing you both smooth and uneventful pregnancies xxx

Well after I thought we were in the clear delivering little man at 39 weeks, we just got home from his second hospital stay today as he has had 2 urine infections. First time at 6 days old he went very sleepy and stopped feeding so went to a&e and they suspected meninjitis. When they confirmed it was a urine infection they were still worried as the bug he had causes meninjius if it reaches the blood stream but luckily I got him there and he was put on IV anti biotics quickly enough to prevent that. 6 weeks and 1 day old he got a mild fever and a bit of coughing and being snotty but I just felt like something was not right so went to out of hours GP as was a Saturday and another UTI was confirmed so admitted to the ward. He will now spent the next 3 months (possibly 3 years if what they suspect is confirmed) on preventative anti biotics and having investigative tests and hospital check ups. I know term babies get ill too but I just really thought I had escaped it all this time.

I'm so sorry, Twinmum87. :hugs: I hope your little one gets passed this bump quickly, and you can enjoy your full term baby to the fullest!

hugs huni! :hugs: Please ask them to do a kidney and bladder scan! I dont know how much youve been told but it could be caused by the same thing my son has. we were admitted at 5 months old with suspected meningitis (severe high fever for 4 days running, vomiting on the 4th day, sleepy, lack of feeding). They thought he had bacterial meningitis but after spending all day in a&e and sent to the ward (spent 6 hours in a&e first) they found it was a bad uti and then later that he also had sepsis of the kidney. We spent 5 days in on strong IV antibiotics and then on Trimethoprim every day. he was sent for a scan while there and found a kidney abnormality.. sent for a more detailed scan at childrens hospital and found he had grade 4 hydronephrosis and a ureterocele (a cyst like thing) almost completely filling his bladder. he also has a duplex kidney and collection system, the duplex is damaged (where the sepsis was)

weve been on trimethoprim every since. he had surgery in july to burst the ureterocele and weve had no infections since. hes just had a nuclear kidney scan done to see how much function is in both kidneys and whether the duplex kidney needs to be removed or if it can be left.

UTIs in a baby boy is extremely uncommon and should always be checked out :hugs:

Ive just re-read your post and youve put "if what they suspect" so im guessing they are already thinking down these lines. Try not panic too much hun. Are you on facebook? there is a group on facebook for it if this is the problem with your little man and id be more than happy to get you added to it. its been a great support for me :hugs:

Hey, tank you for all that information. :) That is the medication he will be starting from tomorrow. He had a kidney and bladder scan already and all looked good. Next they will be doing a catheter dye test to check wether the urine flows correctly or if it partially back flows up into the kidneys causing these infections. In 3 months time he will be having a more detailed kidney scan so check for abnomalities again and for any scar tissue caused by the infections.

First time he had 3 days IV and 5 days oral. This time he has 5 days IV, last dose is tonight. He came home Monday night with the canula still in his arm as his infection markers had dropped by half and no more temp or anything, very alert, feeding well etc so they said it was safe to treat as outpatient. Hopefully if it does turn out to be reflux of the kidneys he will outgrow it as Dr said it is extremely rare it does not correct itself by the age of 3 and they end up doing surgery.

Your poor little man sounds like he has really been thru it. I hope the remaining test have a positive outcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/childrenwithhydro/

Here's the link for the fb page if you are on there. It's got a little fish icon when you search for it. Lots of ladies with children with the whole range of issues from reflux to hydro. I have everything crossed your little guys will resolve itself Hun. It sounds like they're having a really good look into everything for you Hun so i am sure they will find the problem. Rohans ureterocele wasn't found till his more detailed scan.

Oo this was only the icing on the cake for Rohan. He's had a hell of a journey so far but were hopefull for a more positive year xx

Thank you, I sent a request. How has your little man been with the Trimethoprim? I am pretty worried reading the list of side affects. He has been randomly scrunching up and screaming like he has tummy cramps since half hour after his first dose. He was always unsettled after the IV anti botics too and already has diarrhea because of them.

we have never had a problem from the trimethoprim. Rohan has been pumped full of antibiotics since birth so we did have the diorrhea and tummy cramps etc (antibiotics at birth, then 3 weeks pumped full of three different kinds (12 days - 5 weeks old) along with other meds, then with the sepsis and uti). I have heard people have some trouble with it so if hes the same after another dose then id seek a change of antibiotic

editted to add: we did eventually find out he has CMPI (cows milk protein intollerance) and once we were put on a hypoallergenic milk the diorrhea and tummy pains stopped. xx

His diarrhea seems to have eased off and he didn't have such bad stomach pains yesterday so wonder if it was more down to the IV anti biotics he had still affecting him. See how he goes tonight. I did post on that page but no one answered. Wondering what the process of the catheter dye test is. Hospital has told me about a hand full of appointments he needs but not given me one single date. They sent it out in a letter about the scan last time but nothing yet.

Hi..is it okay if I join this thread? My baby born was born last week via emergency c-section at 33 weeks last week because of PPROM. I got discharged today and am just an emotional mess about leaving my little one in the hospital while I am home. I know its for the best but can't help feeling the way I do.

twinmum it could very well be due to the iv ones hun. they do tend to play hell with their tummy especially at how high a dose they need to clear an infection. Im glad his tummy is a little bit better though. Hopefully someone will answer you soon. Ill have a look on my page for the other fb page and link that one for you too hun incase you can get more answers on there.

im not 100% sure on that procedure but if its the one im thinking of then they are on an xray table (it might be one like was used for my sons nuclear scan which surrounds their body or a normal one). the catheter is placed and the die put up through it.. they then watch what happens and wait until baby pees to see whether the urine flows straight out or if it goes backwards upto the kidneys as well. :hugs: when you do get your next appointment i would demand some answers. I too a list of questions in with me to mine and he answered every one.

Hi Nikki :hi: Congratulations on your little one hun. I am so sorry youre having to leave them in the hospital. Its heart breaking not being able to be with them 24/7 and i promise the way you are feeling is natural. I hope your little ones nicu stay is a quick, uneventful one <3 <3 <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->