Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Well, after having Anya at 23+6, back in October 2010. I'm please to say I'm now 34+5, and booked in for a csection at 38+3. Just 26 days to go till we meet our big bundle. Eek. I'm too excited. 😁😁😁 xx

Due date today! Whoever thought I would ever get here!!!!! You can come out now baby! Any time (soon!) !!!!

3 sleeps to go till my c-section. Soooooo nervous. I was in hospital 31st July for 4 nights with contractions. Had steroids for baby's lungs but I'm still hanging in there. 38 weeks today. Woo. Xx

3 sleeps to go till my c-section. Soooooo nervous. I was in hospital 31st July for 4 nights with contractions. Had steroids for baby's lungs but I'm still hanging in there. 38 weeks today. Woo. Xx

OMG it feels like yesterday since you said you were first pregnant?!

I hope everything went ok yesterday Hun! I can't wait to see a picture of your beautiful little bundle! :hugs: :cloud9:

Creeping in here. I'm 21 weeks with #2 - Nathan was a 35-week preemie

They have poked and prodded me for various things with the next being a cord and placenta check scan on the 2nd, but they are ignoring the impact of my endometriosis which is peeing me off tbh.

Hi Fliss-I'm new here too. I'm 12 weeks pregnant after a 35 week preemie too. I've just been told that I don't qualify for the Preterm Prevention clinic as the cut off is 34+6! Feeling a little anxious and as if I've been left on my own. I'm going to speak to my midwife at my next appointment but I don't think they will do anything for me.

Out of interest Fliss-were are you based? I'm in the UK.

I'm in Oxfordshire - Banbury.

I'm currently under the care of the 'Silver Stars Unit' up at the John Radcliffe Hospital - which is the high risk unit.

It isn't so much to do with N's prematurity in and of itself, but more to do with my hypertension during trimester 3 last time, coupled with post-delivery pre-eclampsia and the spontaneous premature delivery, that when I rushed to A&E with a bleed (I was high-risk for an ectopic due to endometriosis) that the consultant then recommended my GP referred me.

Which she did without fuss.

All tests so far have been ngative - hoping the doppler check next week is the same.

I don't want to have Peanut at the JR - I want to have her at the Horton where I had Nathan, but I'll do what they tell me.

I want to keep her safe.

Ah - that makes sense. Hmmm....I guess the issue with me is that there were no warning signs of premature delivery (no pre-eclampsia, no high bp etc etc) - my waters just went one evening with no warning other than a bit of lost plug the week before. I suppose I should be reassured in some ways as they have obviously not assessed me as high risk but I do feel somewhat left to my own devices. I'll speak to the mw next week to see what she says (I'm not sure why she has booked me in for next week as I'll only be just over 13 weeks and I didn't think you were seen until 16 weeks with your second pregnancy?! Not complaining though!) but it seems like I'll have no monitoring at all.

I have started reading this thread from start to finish but it is going to take me some time! Maybe there will be others that were in a similar position to me that will give me some reassurance.

Glad to hear that all tests are looking good so far Fliss! I hope that continues for many more weeks.

Pleased to announce the safe arrival of Theo at 38+3 on 20th August, weighing 9lb 11oz. I'm in love. ❤

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1440270222208.jpg
    FB_IMG_1440270222208.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 8
OH MY LORD!!! omg CONGRATULATIONS!!! <3

He's beautiful. :cloud9:

Ladies are any of you paranoid about this pregnancy - i.e. more so than with the previous?

I'm 22 weeks and I CANNOT relax. There's been extra scans, she's fine, I don't have an incompetent cervix, my BP is fine but my bump isn't much of one and I'm barely feeling anything.

I'm just so stressed and anxious all the time, despite fine scans and everything okay so far *sigh*

Anyone else?

Vincent William born 25th August 2015 at 1.20 weighing 8lb 13.5oz at term+12 (after a 30 week preemie!!! Mummy, Daddy and big brother super proud!!!

:cloud9: awww em is he absolutely stunning <3 congratulaions hun!

congratulations miraclemomma! your babies must have wanted to do both ends of the spectrum :haha:

hi fliss & struth :hi: im glad both of your pregnancies are going well so far! sending you both lots of hugs. Id never had a preterm before my last so i have no idea with the extra monitoring.. i got it anyway due to previoulsy having an iugr baby. xxx

Does anyone worry that the same issues will crop up again? I keep on telling myself that this one will not be early since it isn't twins this time and this pregnancy has been so different and zero complications so I am just being stupid for even thinking about it. I have a growth scan at 28+4 weeks, 2 more at 32+4 and 36+4. My twins were on the 12th and 6th percentile at birth so twin 2 was classed as small for gestational age and with twin 1 barely being in the 10-90% range they like they have decided to keep an eye on this one. As they were frat twins they were not sure if them being small was a twin thing or I just make small babies. My twin 1 also had low liquor levels. Everything was fine at my scan at 21+6 weeks but at 23+6 it was dangerously low and I had never leaked. It was to the point that if he had not been head down into the one tiny pool of fluid he had, his lungs wouldn't have been able to develop. I worry I will get to this next scan and the same will have happened again exept this baby hasn't been head down the whole time and it won't be such a good outcome. Or I worry it will be measuring small and they will try and deliver me early. If something actually seems to be wrong I will go with what's best but if everything looks healthy and baby is just small I don't want a fight on my hand to keep it in there because my babies just don't fit in their little mould.

I dunno I guess I just needed to voice that somewhere to people who will understand. All I get off OH is 'but that won't happen, it's all ok' and I know he is just being positive and reassuring but just because you wish it to be that way doesn't make it so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->