Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Still sore :cry: alex woke up last night and i physically could not move in bed. Dh had to get up(he doesnt mind though)

did u get a support belt? not tht u wear them 2 bed lol after ive been sat dwn for a while and then i get back up i am bent over like an old lady.

did u have SPD with alex?

I keep peeking in here at you ladies...and you're all making me really broody :haha:

I hope everyone is keeping well?

lol @ you&me

i was washing sum baby clothes yesturday tht my friend gave me. seems weird seeing little teeny tiny clothes hanging up. cant wait to iron them and put them on hangers.

im almost ready now. just getting my pram next week. waiting for my moses basket and bouncy chair to be delivered. hopefully they will arrive 2day.

i keep going upstairs to start & pack my hospital bag but neva end up doin it. i keep thinking im jinxing myself if i pack it now :(

had a mw appointment yesturday, everything is fine. im measuring 30weeks. and hes head down but not engaged :thumbup:

ive got a bad headache today tho :(

Awww, I hope your headache buggers off quickly.

I was exactly the same with packing my bag...I just couldn't bring myself to do it, and I was even worse packing Amber's...I didn't want to do that one at all through fear I wouldn't be bringing her home, so all of the clothes in it wouldn't be used.

I spent most of the time between weeks 28 to 32ish a complete nervous and emotional crying wreck just waiting for it to happen all over again.

You are doing great Lianne :flower:

i keep toilet checking for my mucus plug. driving myself mad. every bit of discharge i think my waters have gone :nope:
every BH i think its the start of something even tho deep dwn i know it isnt.

Blah!!

:hugs:

thanks you&me :hugs:

You are going to feel nervous, it is all part of being a preemie mum :hugs:

The way I got through it was; I took one day at a time whilst saying to myself in my mind 'that's another day done, so if it does happen that is one less day on the NICU/SCBU journey, and every day counts'.

The way I got through it was; I took one day at a time whilst saying to myself in my mind 'that's another day done, so if it does happen that is one less day on the NICU/SCBU journey, and every day counts'.

great motto :thumbup:

thank u :hugs:

Sb, thats a great bump! So neat:thumbup: Im sorry about your spd pain though, hope you can find something to help with it, yay for 3rd tri though:happydance:

Sherri, scary dreams are horrible hun, I think its our minds way of facing issues we don't want to think about:hugs: Maybe you can get some counselling to help?

Nk, I was told to wait 6m. That said there was 3 1/2 years between #1 and #2 for me and I still had a preemie. So I guess everyones different. How you feeling atm?

Lianne, sorry to hear about your headache:hugs: Thats great that your getting so far and Jaiden is measuring well, Anja measured small for dates all along by measuring bump and by growth scans but she was a big 4lb 12oz at 33 weeks!

I had some spotting last night but no pains, is it worth ringing up ob again? Im due another scan and check of everything on monday anyway and I know I have a low placenta so probs that.

I've learned that whenever there is some spotting/bleeding, it should get checked out. Especially as you are 4 days away from viability. Spotting is what made me get checked out with Greg, and they determined I was pretty much in labour, even though there was no pain.

So I would definately get it checked out, even if there is no pain and the baby is still moving good.

It could just be an infection. But even if it is an infection, it needs to get cleared up.

Get it checked mummy3!

I hope you have a better nights sleep tonight sherri, pregnancy causes some upsetting dreams for me too. :hugs:

Have you girls got Facebook?

Xx

You are on my FB silly! So yes I have it. [email protected] or Nic Kraft (profile pic is Lakai).

Pregnancy dreams are so crazy I find. I have some seriously messed up ones. From NICU flash backs to my most recent ex before getting married. I had a dream about this ex every night for weeks, until he died in a dream one night. I was freaked out I Googled it and it's super common! It's like our minds way of letting things go, working through things, getting ready for baby.

Will get checked out then, have to wait till MIL home from work though as the hubby can't drive yet after his op. Its stopped completely though:thumbup:

Sb, no facebook here, I guess should prob get round to it, altho by the time I do everyone will have moved to the next thing:dohh:

The weirdest dreams I ever had were 1. watching 2 crocodiles mating halfway u my bedroom wall for what felt like forever and 2. being chased around AsDA (walmart) by a yeti and I had to keep pitching a tent in the aisles in between:wacko:

Ok M3 you win the dream weirdness award! LOL A Yeti?! I thought my dream where my ex and I were working with my Lesbian gym teacher from high school on an excavator on the side of a mountain....and eating granola bars we found in someone's abandoned cabin...was weird! LOL

How is the bleeding now?

I agree you should go get checked out.

Oh, I get some really crazy weird dreams. This one I had, I don't remember anything about it except for there was this midget who was nothing but a head and a pair of clown feet. And the head was just on the feet, and to look up, he'd just roll his head up. It was super creepy. No arms, no torso... nothing.

So I did a gender test with red cabbage. Got a girl reading. :roll: Lets see what happens.

So is it weird that I am tending to eat alot in the hopes that the more weight I gain, the bigger the baby will get, so if it is born early, it has a better shot?? I know it seems weird, and more than likely it will just be me that gets the extra weight. But I can hope... I mean look at women with GD, they have HUGE babies!!

Yeah..but when I was in the NICU with Lakai, some of the GD babies were sicker than the 23-24 weekers or the smallest IGUR babies....I do get your line of thinking though.

NK your dream sounds more awkard than weird :rofl: and Sherri your sounds scary, I really really do not like clowns!

With the weight thing, i'm not sure, watching the doctors this pm :)blush:) they said that overweight women who gain a lot seem to increase risk of having a preterm baby with low birthweight. GD babies tend to be sicker too. For me, all my babies have been large for dates and I am most definately on the small side ,bmi of 20 now at 23 weeks but I gain the recommended amount. I'd say alot is genetic but its probably best to stick to a steady increase:hugs:

My bleeding is totally gone, it was literally a spot this morning and nothing since, no pain or craming. MIL now won't get here until really late so rang OB who just said to keep an eye on it and ring back if it gets worse.

Oh and the yeti was a full on light beige haired furry abominable snowman!

LOL M3 (what is your real name btw? Im Nic or Nicola!) I guess a full on hairy Yeti is better than say a shaved one! I have watched Monsters Inc too many times with Lakai, where the CDA shaves the one monster and puts on a cone on him because he had a kids sock on him. LOL

Want to hear awkward? I also had a dream where I was at Christmas dinner with that same ex, my husband and my parents, and my ex's parents and my MIL....the worst part? I got along GREAT with my ex's parents, and my MIL and I...not so much. The worst part was the whole dinner convo was about how I should have stayed with my ex! So weird.

glad the spotting stopped mummy3 :hugs:

sandi i have facebook - Lianne Durell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"