Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeey! :happydance: i am over the moon

I have watched Monsters Inc too many times with Lakai, where the CDA shaves the one monster and puts on a cone on him because he had a kids sock on him. LOL

LOL that reminds me of when I was at uni and myself and some friends were out having lunch and I felt something touch my head and turned round to see a small child touch my head at which point I squealed really loudly and shouted "2319!!!" with a look of horror on my face :haha::haha::haha: My friends nearly wet themselves laughing as they find my fear of children rather amusing.

Happy 27 weeks for yesterday Sandi!!!

Hope everyone is keeping well xxx

I'm feeling loads of emotions sherri, but one big one is guilt. Guilt that im further than some of my preemie friends here and IRL, and guilt because I'm fast approaching a gestation further than Alex. Why couldn't I do that for her? Ykwim?

I'm feeling loads of emotions sherri, but one big one is guilt. Guilt that im further than some of my preemie friends here and IRL, and guilt because I'm fast approaching a gestation further than Alex. Why couldn't I do that for her? Ykwim?

i know what u mean about the guilt. :hugs: :hugs:

Congrats sb on 3rd tri!!!

Noah is 12lb 6!! he's dead on the 50th p for his actual age. For his corrected age he's more like the 75th. What a fatty. It's like he really was born when he was meant to be. He has fat rolls and he smiles. He's such a pleasure.

SB, I felt every single one of those emotions you are feeling, and I still feel them now, when I look at both of my girls, I think to myself 'how could I do it for Amber, yet not for Reagan?'...and I feel immense guilt (even though Reagan has no health issues for being so preemie).

I feel like people judge me, if that makes sense, and when Amber was born the last words I wanted to keep hearing was 'bet it feels weird having a 'big' baby, isn't she huge compared to what Reagan was'...I know people meant well by saying them, but it still feckin hurt like hell :cry: and still chokes me up when I think about it, it is so hard to explain, but it really felt to me like they was writing Reagan off, maybe that is just because I am sensitive about it, and so protective of her because she is precious to me!!

:haha: I went off on a rant rant there...oooopppsss!!

People can be a bit insensitive huh? :hugs:
I remember a cow saying to me " ah you wont be having another one then eh?"
I was so disgusted I proudly told her, " yes I am, and I'm 12 weeks"

People can be a bit insensitive huh? :hugs:
I remember a cow saying to me " ah you wont be having another one then eh?"
I was so disgusted I proudly told her, " yes I am, and I'm 12 weeks"

People that haven't been 'there' have no bloody idea and come out with the most stupid things, they just don't think before they speak!! :dohh:

How are you finding this pregnancy? (other than the worry)...does it feel different in lots of ways?

i posted a status on fb yesturday sayin 'is supposed to be packing my hospital bag, where the bloody hell do i start'

ppl commented with things like.. 'already' and blimey women u about to drop already'

i know they mean well but it hurts.

:hugs: all round x

:shock: fucks sake lianne!

you&me its defo different. im just feeling, fine, part from the spd and reflux but thats fine?! xxxxxxx

i know yea sb. my mw and consultant told me to have my bags packed at 30 weeks.
ahh well.

is ur support belt helpin sb? x

:hugs: Lianne.

With Amber things were completely different...my hips ached at night and when I walked, couldn't turn over in bed without doing a 20 point turn like a right ole heffa, I was on reflux tablets from doctors, and I got aneamic...all things I never got with Reagan, weird huh? Wonder if it is the bodies way of saying everything is going to be okay this time around :hugs:

yea i keep wondering tht, with tyler i had no symptoms at all. no sickness no pain no headaches, no heartburn, i felt well all the way thru. but my god this time i have had every syptom goin. so im hoping this is a good sign.

All of the normal pregnancy nasties being present seem to be a good sign :dohh:

When I look back on it now, I had so many differences...my BFP didn't show up until AF was a week late with Reagan (I have 28 day cycles always!!)...with Amber it showed up 6 days before...I am sure I read somewhere before that because PET starts in the placenta late signs of implantation 'can'...but obviously not always be a small sign that there could be issues present in the placenta at a later date (my gawd, I read every bit of literature I could find on PET in subsequent pregnancies :haha:)

Reagan: Morning sickness up until 13 weeks, then a smooth sailing pregnancy til it all went so wrong.
Amber: sickness day and night, to the point I would wake up in the night, be sick then get back in bed!! All the way through my pregnancy.

i posted a status on fb yesturday sayin 'is supposed to be packing my hospital bag, where the bloody hell do i start'

ppl commented with things like.. 'already' and blimey women u about to drop already'

People should just keep their opinions to themselves. I happened to mention to someone yesterday that I was slightly panicked by the fact that I am now 12 weeks which means it isn't actually that long until I need to have my hospital bag packed (I was told last time to have it packed and ready by 23 weeks so it will be the same this time) and she said "What?! You don't even need to think about anything like that until you are at least 36-37 weeks pregnant" At that point I pointed out the fact that I have never been 36-37 weeks pregnant and she just said "Oh". People who haven't been there or haven't had a pregnancy that puts them at high risk of a preemie just don't understand.

it does seem weird tho doesnt it? or os it just me tht thinks tht lol not weird thts the wrong word but u know what i mean dnt ya? x

People should just keep their opinions to themselves. I happened to mention to someone yesterday that I was slightly panicked by the fact that I am now 12 weeks which means it isn't actually that long until I need to have my hospital bag packed (I was told last time to have it packed and ready by 23 weeks so it will be the same this time) and she said "What?! You don't even need to think about anything like that until you are at least 36-37 weeks pregnant" At that point I pointed out the fact that I have never been 36-37 weeks pregnant and she just said "Oh". People who haven't been there or haven't had a pregnancy that puts them at high risk of a preemie just don't understand.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->