Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Thank you Tasha for posting this, I have just put a sky+ reminder on for it!!
Think it will be difficult to watch. At our local hospital the limit is 24 weeks and we were told that had Jessica been 5 days earlier she would have been deemed a miscarriage. Pretty hard to think about as I look at my 7lb 12oz (as of today!) bundle of.........emm attitude!!! :rofl:

You ladies are fab and I hope all your pregnancies keep continuing for as long as possible, you are all doing fantastically well. :hugs:

SB fingers x'd its just BH. xx

You're welcome. I think it will be too, the clip was powerful and emotive. It is really hard to think of it that way, I have many friends who have given birth at 23+6 or 23+5 and they are classed as a miscarriage, makes me sick.

Well done to Jessica, fab weight.

I hope it is just BH Sandi, glad you you got some sort of substitute. :haha:

Phew glad to hear it Sandi. Now make sure you keep drinking lots!!

I'm having a lazy night tonight seeing as Dave is out, I've just had a long hot shower with Original Source chocolate and mint shower melt so I now smell like an After Eight mint :haha: just off to cook dinner and then curl up on the sofa with a dvd :thumbup:

Omg original source choc and mint? Sounds lovely!! Might grab some!!!

It's like showering in melted After Eights :D I spotted it at Sainsbury's when F was in hospital so got some to try and I looooooove it although I do now keep sniffing my arms :haha:

Hoping not to go into labour tonight......

My pink has been bleached out and i have dodgy gaga coloured hair lol! Just re-doing it, it needed a lighter base to look more pink than raspberry!

I am loving having the pink in my hair now. Goes with almost everything!

:haha: You and your hair! What colour is it naturally?

Dark brown :rofl:

Don't think David's amused that the baby pics r gonna have me with pink hair but tough!

Hi ladies!

Some of you already know. But baby is a GIRL! And well I am in the hospital awaiting my cerlage. We went to the ultrasound and they did it, everything with baby looks great. They confirmed she's a girl. And went to measure my cervix, that's when everything went downhill. My cervix at 13 weeks was 3.2 or 2.8 and yesterday it was 1.2 or 1.09 cm. The tech made us wait, while the doctor called our OBGYN who called the hospital. And they made us rush over here. I have been here since 5pm yesterday getting antibiotics before they stitch me.

There is no beaking or funneling though, and my membranes are still good. Not dilated either.

But this sucks. Its was my first night away from Lakai ever, I slept like CRAP. I have a raging headache and hadn't been allowed to eat since breakfast which was a tiny bowl of cereal and a piece of toast I could have knocked someone out with, if I hit them in the head with it!

My doctor is a complete ASSHAT she is like "oh if we get good cervix length like 3cm you will be fine" and I am like "Its 1.2cm..." she replies "OH". WTF? You didnt bother reading my chart?! Plus the nice doctor who saw me last night said my OBGYN would stitch me, because they try to take care of their own. However, my doctor...says she isn't on call tonight, so some random is doing it. Then she goes on to say and I quote "You will need to take it easy when you go home"....so I push her and ask "My husband will want to know what that means exactly..." she says "Well you can be up for an hour tops, and then feet up or in bed for at least two hours at a time between when you get up..."....am I, the only person who does not see that as "taking it easy"? To me thats modified bedrest!!

I literally just got checked by a medical student and he says I have quiet a large heart murmur (common in pregnancy) but it could cause my faintness and shortness of breath...and no one else has found it! My doctor has never even listened to my heart.

So the lady dr from last night (the nice one) said to me just like this "I don't want to be a bitch, but I would change doctors faster than you can say "BYE" if I was you...nothing about your care has been ok in my book" Now if she had given me her card, I would have thought she was poaching, he he. But she didn't.

I miss Lakai so bad.

Anyways, Amy keep cooking that baby. Let's have a bake off, ok hon. You bake yours...I will bake mine....=)

I hope everyone is ok. And bumps and babies are good.

I NEED FOOD! My gawd, how do they think a pregnant woman can live on IV fluids?! I am seriously thinking of drinking the bag...

A bake off :rofl: :rofl: I love it!
Hope the stitch went well hunny.

Bakeoff :rofl:

Sandi did you go into labour or fall asleep?

Lottie, Mmmm after 8 mints:cloud9:

Nic, team pink:happydance: Congrats hun! Wow your being led up the garden path with your care, I would defo try and change, esp if your docwount even read your chart! Yes that is defo bedrest and not "taking it easy".:wacko:
Good luck with the stitch and :hugs: you'll see Lakai soon.

Well, I got transferred, in an ambulance,lights and sirens n all :shock: Slight overpanic I think with that though. They want to keep Eilidh here with the level 3 NICU as they don't anticipate getting to 32 weeks and she's small. Currently stalled at 3cm dilated with 80% effaced and ballotable head whatever that means. Waters haven't gone though:thumbup: We have 12 hours until out of the steroid window. Met with the neonatologist last night and he was lovely, they have everything set up and ready. My OB is transferring my care completely to perinatology though to be safe, 3rd doc this pregnancy now:wacko: Mag sulphate sucks and I peed all over the floor last night as couldn't move the jelly legs:blush:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Amy r u ok? You know i keep looking at your ticker, each time with a lil more relief.

Im fiiiine, had an easier day, the hair is bright pink and black all ready to push :rofl: i cant slouch anymore, baby gets pushed too high up and i find it hard to breathe. This is noooot nice.

Had my mccoys and diet coke! Yaaaaaasssss!!
Lottie i sent D to get some choc n mint gel but he only got the mint only, i forgot how amazin that would be if u had a cold!!

Nic thinking of you!!!

Tasha hope ur having a good day xxx

Takingforever and Jenni hope ur both well?

If ive missed any regulars gimmie a slap!

Hi ladies.

Well Im home. I had a Shirodkar placed. I asked to be knocked right out, of course the dr said "whatever I give you, I give the baby" fair enough but I told him my spinal with Lakai barely worked. He did one anyways and heavily sedated me, sure enough ten mins later I could still move my legs and feel him pinching me. So he gave me oxygen and a general....so the baby is well drugged and I haven't felt her move today at all. But I did after the stitch was placed.

I had my surgery at 7pm, was out of recovery by 9:20 pm and home by 11pm. I begged, I couldn't take another night away from Lakai. And said I would be good, they weren't happy but understood. My mom is a retired vet and nurse...LOL so they felt ok with letting me go with her. Lakai was so confused when he saw me, a little like he saw a ghost. He was in his stroller (so my hubby could help me upstairs and carry the stuff I had) and he started crying and would not let go of me. He cried outside the shower door the whole time I was in there because I didn't want to hold him much before getting hospital germs off!

So Im home, tired and so incredibly sore.

Amy - I hope you are ok. I hope baby stays in there for longer! :hugs:

Sandi - I asked you before...but what sort of dye do you use? I LOVE your hair, but I have only tried Manic Panic and it dyes EVERYTHING pink too, like the shower. My once gray shower anti-slip mat is now hot pink tinted! LOL It took forever to get rid of the tinted pink on the white shower tiles.

You sound really positive Nic, and HAPPY 21 WEEKS

I use Crazy Colours Pinkissamo. I am not sure if you can get it your way, but its pretty much the same as manic panic. Pink stains everything - fact!!! But I have found ways around it and as for the bath or shower, i put baby oil on a cloth and wipe most of the bath/shower with it. I leave a lil bit non-oily so i dont slip, but when i come out i find less stainage. (only accodently found this out after alex had a bath with baby oil and i washed my hair after!)

They say Cif spray takes it out, but i just get strong bleach and wipe everything down.

Its very very pink now, espcially at the roots. I wanted a more pink than the raspberry colour i had!

My hair is black on top, so i dont have root regrowth for when baby comes, but i can flip it over and have a side parting so its all pink and wild!

I am trying to be positive! I won't lie Im bloody scared. TMI time..but when I pee I see blood every time now...I know it's normal...but it's not fun. And with no movement from baby...it's not helping. My lower back is KILLING me.

I actually had to ask my husband for help lifting Lakai today from his highchair...which nearly killed me. I hate asking for help! I hate feeling helpless, but I know it must be done.

I wish they made hair colour that was super bright that didn't dye everything in sight!

I don't know why...but Im so skeptical baby is a girl still. I am scared to go crazy buying pink stuff, my MIL really messed with my head when she said "you will never have a girl"....GRRR

Offft thats very nice of your MIL...... :wacko: They always know what to say to upset us!

I love my MIL................

...:rofl: Well I wish I did. She has good intentions at heart I am very sure of that, but loses her way and I am terribly protective over Alex and the way we bring her up, I do not like unwanted advice, and I don't like anyone playing mummies with her, whether that be pushing buggies or simpily feeding the lass while im there. I will admit I am OTT at times but part of that was the neonatal experience :shrug:

I'm very frightened at how I will be with the new baby - we didn't get the termie experience and by god I do not want anyone to destroy that. :cry:

DH says we will not be having visitors for a few weeks, and we will go see others on our say so (the day we invite the IL's up to OURS is the day we kiss goodbye to our privacy, they will just turn up when they want and pick on us about silly things in the house)

That's totally fine with me.

Now there was a in law rant.....sorry about that!! :rofl:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure we're having a girl, it's been confirmed at our 20 wk scan, 3D scan and a cervix scan, where even another lady smiled and said "oh my god, theres no doubt about it" But I wont lie, sometimes I still have my doubts and what if's!!!

sandi, we didnt have any1 round either, i wanted us to b on our own, we did go out a couple of days after cuz we had plans.

i must admit i keep thinking tht when tyler was Jaidens age he was still in hospital etc etc but i cant help it.

:hugs:

Wow you're so lucky not getting visitors for a few weeks. I'll be lucky if I manage 2 days. Dave is on about his Dad coming to visit in the hospital!!! :wacko: Uhhhh I think not!!

I'm dreading it this time as at least last time I was down at my Mum's so had my Mum to talk to and give me a hug etc and didn't have to contend with the inlaws and their family for 3 weeks whereas this time I'll have noone up here for support and I'll have to contend with Dave's family from day 1! :nope:

God how I wish Dave's entire family didn't all live within a few miles of each other and those few miles being right next to the hospital :dohh:

That's my rant over!

I am terribly protective over Alex and the way we bring her up, I do not like unwanted advice, and I don't like anyone playing mummies with her, whether that be pushing buggies or simpily feeding the lass while im there. I will admit I am OTT at times but part of that was the neonatal experience :shrug:

I am sooooo glad you said this, I'm exactly the same and was beginning to think I was odd as Dave doesn't see the problem with people doing any of this whereas I get really hacked off with unwanted advice (especially if it comes from his family) and I hate it when F gets passed around like a parcel.

Sorry I have not replied for a few days, had lots on.

Lottie I will reply to your pm on fb when the monkeys are in bed. :flower: Your inlaws sound a PITA, how about putting putting a note on the door when you get home saying Mum and baby resting, please call to arrange a suitable time? Failing that invite your Mum up for a few weeks and she can tell them all to bugger off.

Sandi, your hair sounds fab. Your MIL sounds beyond nuts. I hated my MIL playing Mummy with mine too.

Nic, Happy belated 21 weeks. I hope the bleeding stops soon and that you begin to feel movement again. Rest plenty, drink lots okay? I think the not believing LO is a girl is probably to do with what you told us before :hugs:

Amy, wow all go there. I hope you are okay sweetie, and Eilidh (love the name btw) is still cooking. Also that you are being well looked after :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->