Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Tasha thank you for that, I will be interested, I feel very strongly about how 23 weekers should be given a chance.

Refreshers. The lemon ones with the sherbet in the middle...

That was a massive 1st tri craving for me :haha:

Your welcome Sandi, I just watched a clip and some powerful stuff, I was in tears. I totally agree with you, IMO it is not the doctors job to play god.

I didn't crave anything with Findlay and I haven't with this one either :shrug: Perhaps I'm just odd, well my OH would def say I'm odd as the cheeky bugger has changed his FB status to say as much lol.

Thanks for letting us know about the prog Tasha, I think I'll set it up to record so I can watch it when I'm on my own and can turn it off if it's too much to watch in one go.

Nic and Amy I hope your day has gone ok!

I also used to visit the man in Greggs bakery every morning for a bacon roll, he would start getting it ready as soon as I walked in the door :haha:

ETA, I will watch it, and just send hubby out of the room, so I can have a good old cry at it.

Refreshers. The lemon ones with the sherbet in the middle...

That was a massive 1st tri craving for me :haha:

I just had one today :haha:

I am sounding very unhealthy here, but the snack a jacks and grapes balance it out :rofl:

Tasha I agree, and although I agree there should be a threshold, the current one here is too high.

Tasha they are amaaaazing. Poundstrechers do party bags of min ones, I still have loads here!

LOL Lottie, I agree with your OH. :rofl: Not really, some pregnancies I had no cravings, some I have.

Recording sounds a good idea, I will probably watch it right away because I feel it is the right thing to do for Claire and her Holly.

I agree with you. I think that is basically the questions this programme is asking, is it right to fight? Is it wrong not to?

Tesco have the bars on 11 for £1 :thumbup:

Tasha they are amaaaazing. Poundstrechers do party bags of min ones, I still have loads here!

They have the yummy banana ones in too right? :thumbup: Or am I thinking of the ones from poundland?!!

I def agree that the 24 week limit needs a serious review. The bit I find worst is that some hospitals will fight for them at 23 weeks whereas others won't until they are 24+0. It just seems so unfair and downright cruel to both the baby and the parents that whether they get given a chance or not can depend on the postcode they are born in :cry::cry:

And worst still, it can even depend on what doctor is on shift. Their personal opinions shouldnt come in to it, IMHO. It should be standard around the country. Sorry girls, I know this must be tough for you :hugs::hugs:

I missed all the random today huh, lol marshmallow squash? grapes and mayo?:wacko: McCoys are awesome though as is McDonalds fries in milkshake! In the beginning this time I craved cheeto puffs (like giant wotsits) covered in ketchup and wrapped in ham:cloud9:

That programme sounds really tough watching, Tasha:hugs: for your friend and her angel. At the hospital here they will take from 23 weeks, not sure if thats every hospital over here though, its the level 3 NICU.

My ffn came back positive:dohh: The growth scan put most of her measurements at the 6-8th centile except her head which was at 20th. My cervix is 1-2cm dilated and soft so stuck in the hospital. They want to give steroids again, even though i had a course at 25 weeks, is this normal? Not sure whats the aim yet, will update though!

Grrr for the ffn result :hugs:

At least the growth scans shows that her head is much bigger than her other measurements which I was told is really important if there are any growth problems/growth slows down as it shows that the brain is getting all the nutrients it should do which is obviously really important :thumbup:

Hope they let you out of the hospital soon :hugs:

This babys head has been really big too lol! Aww god Amy sorry about the positive FFN, i take it theyve handcuffed u to the hospital bed now :rofl:
Hold on, i had a positive at ur gestation too! Interesting....

Yay, see Amy knows, fries and chocolate milkshake is yummy. It is McCoys dipped in diet coke, I put a status update about it and Sandi wants it. Your craving sounds truly disgusting :haha:

Thanks you for the hugs for Claire, she is truly inspirational, to allow them to follow Holly when she has already been through so very much.

I am sorry about the positive, hopefully Sandi gives you some hope that things can be okay and continue on. Having more steroids is normal, because they are most effective given 48 hours - 7 days before labour. As Lottie says it is important that the brain is big in proportion to baby.

Mummy3, hope everything turns out okay...is there anything hospitals can give to stop further dilation?

Tasha and Sandi: You pair are disgusting!! I did what you said and tried dipping my crisps and it tasted vile and made me sick so I now need to wash my dressing gown and clean the kitchen sink! :sick::sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->