Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

:rofl: :rofl: it's a boy then :rofl: hmmmmmmmm I wonder if there's something in this....

:rofl: :rofl: but it tastes sooooooo nice. Have you got some yet Sandi?

Good logic there :rofl:

Yep Sandi well and truely stuck here till goodness knows when, they've tied me down with monitoring belts. It's 4am here and I've given up on sleep as Eilidh refuses to be monitored and doctor refuses not to monitor her so they're in every 10-15mins playing chase the baby:dohh:

I feel better thinking about the brain being bigger being important, thankyou:hugs: Two lots of steroids makes sense now as well. My nurse is lovely, she's 37 weeks gone with a big boy bless, so I keep telling her to go sit down:haha: Nope cervix wont reclose, they just want to stop it opening more, not entirely sure how but I'm on 4 hourly meds to stop contractions and this monitor. Sandi, you missed out hun, all this relaxing freetime you couldve had:wacko:

Hahhahaha going in for monitoring at 27 weeks was bad enough, especially with Alex, who decided to whine the hospital down lol!

Tasha have I got some yet? I have a towel on my head, everything takes time these days lol, im knackered!

Lol yeah my 3 get in the room and with in the first 10mins have split hot chocolate on the floor, pulled the emergency cord and crayoned on the wall:blush:

Aww Sandi:hugs: Go lay down with your feet up:coffee:

I hated those ctg monitoring belts. I had a week of being attached to one all the time except for toilet breaks just before F turned up, they only finally took it off in theatre literally just before the surgeon started cutting. It is really not comfortable trying to bend to have a spinal block put in with the monitor belts still attached to you :dohh:

P.S: I LOVE the name you have chosen!! :D :D

Just caught up.

i brought clothes for Jaiden size newborn & 0-3 bcuz everyone kept saying i was gonna have a big baby.

so when he was born i had nothing tht fitted him, i went and brought early baby clothes tht fit him lovely!

i didnt really crave anything with Jaiden, i did however have the urge to suck lemons lol

Lianne u answered a good question in my head there, didnt know wat to take lol

Sandi your ticker has just reminded me it's my turn to say.... What's it like being this pregnant?? :haha:

Sandi, I'd say early baby is best, and those up to 7lb babygros. My 6lb 10ozer was in early baby for a few weeks.

Lottie thanks:flower: Did you ever drop the cords in the toilet? I've been guilty of this a few times:blush: And a week, ouch!

I'm waiting for mag sulphate now, yucky stuff, and waiting to see if they are transfering us as the NICU here is level 2 from 32 to 34 weeks.

Very emotional day here.

Sandi, I took all newborn with Morgan and it was huge on him so my hubby/parents had to get smaller. All of mine have been in early baby for a bit, Kaysie was in it for weeks, Morgan was 7lb 5, Naomi-Mae 7lb 114, Kaysie Blossom 6lb 13. Honey's outfit she wore when we left her was early or tiny baby (cant remember which) and her dress was tiny baby, she was 5lb 13.

I've just been starting to sort out Findlay's clothes into vacuum bags to go into the loft. I've got one big bag that was just full of everything from when he was first born up until he grew out of newborn so I thought I'd be productive and sort it out into sizes.
I've got as far as separating out the 3-5lb stuff and had to give up as it was so stressful as it was all the stuff we bought when he was in NICU. The clothes were huge on him when we bought them but yet they are so absolutely teeny weeny :cry: It's taken me well over an hour to sort just that one size out because I kept stopping to have a cry over each item of clothing :dohh:
Hopefully sorting out all the 5-7lb stuff into one bag and then the newborn stuff into another tomorrow won't be as bad as whilst they too are full of hospital memories they are different in a way as they weren't his first clothes if that makes sense.

Eeeeeep!

Dont speak too soon lottie lol! Ive had what i hope is just 4 Braxtons in the last hour, they have been slightly worrying! Gonna hop in the bath. :/

Just bk from sally/salon services trade only shop- oh my, i was in my element! Haha

Ps ive had Salt and Malt mccoys n coke. Not quite the same standard.... But good.....

Have you been drinking lots today Sandi? If not drink lots of water and lie down as as I am sure you know not drinking enough leads to you having an increased concentration of hormones in your blood which can cause an increase in BH or cause actual contractions.

Hope it's just BH. Keep us updated xx

You're prob right lottie i dont drink enough, i get told off for that all the time. :dohh:

Also there is a programme that might interest some of you or you may want to avoid, it is on the 9th March, BBC 2, 9pm called 23 week babies: The Price of Life. My friend's LO is on it, she sadly grew her wings. I warn you it is very hard, and ask some tough questions. I thought I would let you know so you can chose what is right for you, because people will be talking about it.

:hugs::hugs:

Thank you Tasha for posting this, I have just put a sky+ reminder on for it!!
Think it will be difficult to watch. At our local hospital the limit is 24 weeks and we were told that had Jessica been 5 days earlier she would have been deemed a miscarriage. Pretty hard to think about as I look at my 7lb 12oz (as of today!) bundle of.........emm attitude!!! :rofl:

You ladies are fab and I hope all your pregnancies keep continuing for as long as possible, you are all doing fantastically well. :hugs:

SB fingers x'd its just BH. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->