Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

lol sounds like our house Sandi!ahhh well!would rather be slightly nuts than really boring!

xx

deleted because of the nightly lurrrrrrkers lol

:wacko: OMG I just read it, is she for real? What an idiot. Massive :hugs::hugs: Sandi.

n as for your 'friends' coment Sandi, some people just have no idea, i dunno wat i wud say 2 her, probably write ''suck a fart'' on her wall n not speak to her again!lol

xx

i didnt see the majority of my friends whilst i was pregnant, as soon as she was born evvveryone wanted to know!seriously it was like a circus. MIL came 2 see her, invited her new bf who i had never met and she had been with about 2 weeks, her friend who i have only ever said hello to twice and her other sons girlfriend who i didnt even know existed!

xx

urgh, thats crap :( I had friends who werent close but were pretty much inviting themselves to neonatal. One work colleague was in the hospital with her mum so popped up to neonatal and just assumed she could see her without asking me if it was ok. :shrug: :grr: wish i hadnt let her. I used to write statues on my FB in the end warning everyone how sick i was with the circus and how everyone wanted to see the "little baby"

n as for your 'friends' coment Sandi, some people just have no idea, i dunno wat i wud say 2 her, probably write ''suck a fart'' on her wall n not speak to her again!lol

xx

Suck a fart :rofl:

I just felt like screaming "its a bit late for that!"

I saw that Sandi and thought it was a bit off! Surely if she's on your FB she has been able to see the journey that you and Alex have been through.

That's me just got back from my consultant appt. I didn't get to ask her anything at all and she went into major panic mode about the fact that I haven't been given my amnio yet so she was immediately on the phone to Aberdeen so she's doing my amnio on Monday at 8.40am so our nice relaxing weekend away is having to be cut short as we weren't supposed to be getting back until Monday evening. I've never seen and heard such stress in a consultants face and voice before, like she said it's not my fault I just appear to have fallen through the cracks when the hospital have been implementing a new system as it meant I missed an appt with her several weeks ago due to the fact I didn't know I had one as noone sent me a letter out!

She said to be prepared to be there for hours on Monday, not quite sure why when an amnio doesn't take long to do unless it's because I'm being squeezed in as it is so urgent that it gets done on Monday. She was off to phone the geneticist when I left to get him to send Findlay's notes to her this afternoon so she's got them to take a look at before she sees me first thing Monday. She said the big problem is that I'm having the amnio at 21+5, if the results take 2 weeks to come back I'll be 23+5 which if the chromosome abnormality shows up leaves basically no time to take the results in, have counselling about it and decision making as a decision would need to be made the following day at the latest.

Apparently once the amnio has been done (and the results are back I assume) then she will sort out discussing with me what my care plan will be for the pregnancy etc.

I'm off to get some lunch now and try and calm down as I'm feeling rather stressed and a bit shellshocked now.

Hope all of you are doing ok xxx

There is one thing though Lottie, I am glad that someone has actually decided to move their arses about it all. It's about time!

yeah at least its finally getting done Lottie, Do you know when you will actually get chance to ask her the questions you had ready?

Do you know when you will actually get chance to ask her the questions you had ready?

She didn't say exactly but from the way she said it I am guessing it will be once she's got the amnio results back. I think she's trying to be 'kind' to me in not wanting to discuss my pregnancy care plan with me yet in case she doesn't need to organise the care iykwim :cry::cry::cry:

:hugs: Lottie. I know its not the same but nothing was put into action for us until after our dating scan, you know exactly what the game is, they just dont want to start anything 'just in case'

Lottie massive :hugs::hugs: I have not got a proper care plan either, they will give me one after my 20 week scan (22nd March). Lazy f**kers the lot of them :haha:

I sent you a message on fb, sorry about the harsh wording, it basically says your consultant is wrong. :thumbup:

Thanks Tasha, trust me it wasn't as harshly worded as a couple of things the consultant said but I guess there isn't much sugar coating that can be done really. Managed to stop crying now which is always a good start :thumbup: I hate crying in front of people (even D) so hopefully I'll get myself fully calm for when he gets home in a while. Hoping the change of scenery will do me good and I can minimise thinking about it between tonight and Sunday night

That's me heading off to start packing the car. Hope you all have a good weekend and I don't expect any more queue jumping to go on whilst I'm away :haha:

I'll read and catch up in a bit, just want to say Eilidh got off the cpap yesterday afternoon, she gained 2oz in her first day, her temp is maintaining and this morning she managed to suck at the breast:cloud9:

Amy thats great :)

Took Olivia to the doctors today (drop in, couldnt get an appintment at the GP) cos she has had a really bad cough, its there in the day but really bad at night. I just wanted to make sure it was viral n would go away on its own but the doctor told me to ''dose her up on paracetamol''!!wtf!? noooo! shes not got a temp or anythin! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->