Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

morning preemie mummys, hope all the pregnancys are going as planned! i deleted my facebook btw just to let everyone know :) Grace is doing well, shes 8 weeks old now, 3lb 3oz and coming up for 37 weeks!She came off cpap 2 days ago and moved from ICU to HDU! :D She was on 2 hourly feeds but was being sick alot yesterday which is really unusual for her so they put her back to hourly, sick for the first few hours then calmed down overnight so they were gonna put her back on 2 hourly feeds this morning, aspirated her tube and got looads of milk back so they kept her on hourly, fed her n low n behold she was sick again! They are planning on takeing her to theatre to remove her broviac line later on today, they tried to do it on the unit but its stitched into her muscle so another theatre job. How is everyone? xx

Brilliant news!!!!!!!!!! Congratulaaations!!!!

Oh jo i thought u deleted me :cry: :haha:
What great news about Grace!!!! And how is Olivia doing too???

I'll be back to chat more later, gotta do a few thingys before DH moans at me :haha:

noo not deleted you, just decided that facebook causes arguments so it got well and truely deleted!lol, olivia is great :D shes got really vocal this week,no real words as such yet though! How is alex? xx

@ olivias mom glad to hear all is well

has anyone herd from dippy, been thinking about her?

Congratulations Mummy on the arrival of Eilidh :happydance:

That is fantastic news about Grace Jo :thumbup: Glad to hear Olivia is doing well too.

I'm trawling through this thread as I wrote a list of questions I was going to ask the consultant when I saw her on here a while back and can I find the post....no. Did I write down the questions anywhere else....no. Can I remember what the questions were....no. Am I seeing the consultant first thing tomorrow morning....yes :dohh::dohh:

Lottie - just found what you were looking for - by chance! I randomly clicked a page to find Amys gestation, and found this

Yep it's good I've finally got an appt with her (the fact its nearby is of no real consequence to me as I will have to drive into Aberdeen that morning and evening to drop Dave at work and pick him up anyway so that I can use the car as we've only got one) and I am hoping it will be a bit more than a 5 min in and out appt like it was last time.

So far I plan to ask her about:

-will I see her regularly or will this be the only time (as she only saw me once with F!)
-the fact I want an elective c section
-whether she will consider cervical length scans
-due to having a prior history of placenta probs what happens if I somehow manage to go to term as I am very wary of them letting me go overdue due to the fact the placenta starts to degrade then anyway
-what my risk is of another abruption
-regular growth scans due to my risk of iugr
-amnio to see if bump has the chromo abnormality
-at what gestation can neonatal in Aberdeen deal with preemies from
-can she get my midwife to see me on a regular basis to keep an eye on my bp etc as I've only seen her once so far

I'm going to write the list down and take it in with me so I don't forget anything and can scribble down her answers lol. Any other thoughts on things to ask the consultant would be fab.

Someone slap me, I have put dippy down as 'Dizzy' on the 1st page. Sorry dippy, i'll blame the iPad! :haha: Hope u r ok!

I had to get the laptop out to tidy the thread up, busy busy :rofl: I like looking after this wee thread :)

@ Mumof42009 How are you doing hun, do you have a due date yet? xxx

Thank you Sandi!! :D Now I just need to write a list of reasons why I want an elective section rather than a vbac in case I have to fight for it when I speak to the consultant tomorrow and then that's me sorted for the appt :thumbup:

@ Mumof42009 How are you doing hun, do you have a due date yet? xxx

I'm ok hun Bit upset today, Don't know after seeing that program last night if i'm strong enough to do the nicu journey again just brought so many things back up the heartache not bringing baby home straight away.:cry:

I have an appointment at last next Friday for a scan so should know at last how far I am.

How's the pain's now?

Congrats Mummy3 :hugs:

Hope everyone is ok :hugs: x

@Olivia's_mum i dunno how you do it lady, you stay strong, you're brilliant!!! Alex is fine, choked with the cold and snot :rofl: and eating wotsits, screaming at Rihanna while I catch up here :rofl:

@Mumof42009 I hear it was hard to watch and a few fellow preemie friends turned it off. It's funny how we manage to cope after a while but a lil thing like a programme can really, really set us back. I didn't watch it because I knew I would get very annoyed at some of the views.
My pains are gone now, you know, there's nothing worse than a pain or braxtons hicks when Alex comes and elbows u at the same time :shock: ARRRGGGHHH!!! :haha:
So glad you have a scan set now, you must be pretty excited.:happydance: At least whatever gestation you really are, you're bound to see something!

Girls, I have updated the first page with a few links - if you have anything useful to add please let me know and I'll post it on the first page

Will catch up properly in abit but wanted to show some pics.

They finally got round to giving pitocin at around 9pm, it took awhile to get working but by 2 30am I was 4cm and I had her at 3am! It was 2 pushes and no cuts or grazes, I got very lucky:thumbup:

She's in the NICU just now but doing great, she has cpap but no oxygen and the intention is to be off it today. Her lung xray came back great:happydance:

Very sorry for the queue jumping:blush:

Ladies with BH's did they ease?

Attachments

• eilidh 1.jpg
    eilidh 1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 14
  • eilidh 2.jpg
    eilidh 2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 12
  • eilidh3.jpg
    eilidh3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 14
Awwwwww she's gorgeous! :cloud9: Brilliant news that she should get off cpap later :thumbup:

Yes my BH did finally ease last night after lots of drinking and lying on my side.

I'm doing good, very relieved she's doing so well. I'd say she's having less problema than even my 35 weekers:thumbup:

Glad the BH's wore off, maybe your doc can give you some meds to take when they set off like that to nip them in the bud?

Sandi did you work out what the pain was, are they doing a culture after the protein? Lol at Alex, soundslike she's having fun:haha:

Mum of 4:hugs: I don't know what this programme is but it sounds upsetting

tasha how you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back