Pregnancy after taking the morning after pill?

KateDan

Reaction score
Hi, all! Didn't really know where to post this.

I was wondering if there is anyone here who has gotten (or knows anyone who has gotten) pregnant even though they took the morning after pill.

After googling it i found that more women have fallen pregnant even though they took Lenovelle or Plan B, rather than EllaOne.

I know that any kind of emergency contraception doesn't have a 100% effect, especially if it has been taken after the day of ovulation.

So, is there anyone here for whom the morning after pill didn't work?

Happened to my friend, though she has been known to lie about things...

I've known a handful of women who have taken the morning after pill and fallen pregnant anyways.

After a condom accident, I took EllaOne which apparently isn't effective if taken after ovulation has occured. Even my doctor confirmed this, although she urged me to take it just in case my ovulation was late this month. But there's a good chance i ovulated before taking the pill. So i'm just doing some research while i wait to test on Sunday. See if anyone has been or is in the same position as me. I'm trying to see what my chances of being pregnant are.

i'm unsure, we had a condom spilt on us in January, took the morning after pill about 14 hours later as it was the earliest I could get one.
had a bleed about 4 5 days later, even though was not due for another 10 days.
then had another bleed when period was due but it was lighter and shorter then normal.
last month we were a little silly and did withdrawal method, it had worked for us before so didn't think anything of it, didn't get a positive result till I was a week late.
I have heard quite a few people take the morning after pill and then finding out they are pregnant the month after. I have doctors tomorrow so going to talk to them about it then

I have a pregnant friend at the moment who took the morning after pill after a condom accident. She is 28 weeks pregnant now! Xx

Wow, looks like quite a few women have gotten pg despite taking the MAP. Maybe i'll be joining them ?? I'll be testing on Thursday (4 days before period is due) and again on the day. Any result is welcome..

I have a pregnant friend at the moment who took the morning after pill after a condom accident. She is 28 weeks pregnant now! Xx

How is your friends pregnancy? Did her doctor warn her of any effects the MAP might have in the pregnancy or baby? I'm scared that the pill i took may cause defects if i am pg, although there is no evidence to prove that EllaOne has any effect on a pregnancy.

No problems at all with baby. It was obviously a shock for them but they are over the moon. I guess, what is meant to be is meant to be. :) xx

No problems at all with baby. It was obviously a shock for them but they are over the moon. I guess, what is meant to be is meant to be. :) xx

That's comforting to know! Thank you..Even if the pill didn't work , as long as i have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, i'll be really happy!

I have just found myself in the same situation! Took the MAP within 12hrs of a condom split.The pharmacist told me it could knock my cycle off by a day or two either way so eventually 2 weeks after AF was due I tested last night and got a positive!!!! Still in shock. Worried aswell that all will be ok with having taken the MAP.tried to ring today to speak to doc but forgot it was a bank holiday.

Yes, A lady in my old local twins group had her twins as a result of the morning after pill failing.

I started taking BC in August 2014 and had an accident later that month. Since I just started the BCP I didn't know if it had time to "kick in" so I took the MAP about 48 hours later as a backup. I must have either took it too late or had already ovulated because I ended up pregnant. Unfortunately I ended up MC that pregnancy, not because of the MAP though, but because I had a uterine infection so I don't know if the MAP would have any effects on baby. My midwife didn't seem worried when I told her. I'm sure it happens more often than people think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->