Pregnancy and Depression

Gunner's Mama

Mom of 2
Reaction score
I have been suffering from depression on and off this pregnancy and was wondering if anyone else is in this boat. It's not a constant sadness and I chose not to take medication bc it made me feel worse than the sadness. Any natural remedies? Exercise helps but as I get bigger it is becoming more difficult. Thanx!

I suffered with depression during my pregnancy too.

Prenatal depression is now a recognized illness and can lead to postnatal depression (as it did with me).

Speak to your mw about it so that you can deal with it before the hormones really kick in, unfortunately mine didn't listen and I'd got to the point of no return after our LO was born.

Hope this helps xxx

Theres a PND support thread:

https://www.babyandbump.com/postnatal-support/134491-post-natal-depression-support-thread.html

I know ur still preg, but im sure there was many like u that suffered during pregnancy. Take a look, im sure everyone will be welcoming xxx

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this. It may be good to talk to a family member, friend or even your midwife about the way you are feeling as it may make you feel better after talking about things.

I felt depresssed when i was pregnant, i didn't really talk abot it much to anyone, i now wish i had as it became worse after i gave birth. Alot of people feel down after childbirth from the tiredness and soreness but it tends to be worse if depression occured beforehand. The best thing to do would be to try and deal with it now and speak to someone. Sorry if this is not much help, i hope you feel better soon and it doesn't get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->