Pregnancy and Eating disorder / anorexia / bulimia / purging

RDFtelevision

Reaction score
Hi there,

I work for a television production company based in the UK and we are currently making a documentary for ITV1 exploring the issues surrounding pregnancy and eating disorders. The film will be a thoughtful and insightful look into this extremely sensitive subject.

We’re in the research stages of our production and are very keen to chat to women who are, or have been, pregnant whilst having an eating disorder. We’d like to get a better understanding of what pregnant women with EDs are going through to try and spread awareness of this issue.

We are keen to speak to women in both the UK and the US.

If you’re interested in having a chat or finding out more about our documentary, it would be really great to hear from you. All communication would be in complete confidence and by no means commits you to the programme in any way.

You can contact me on: paula.wittig(at)rdftelevision.com or call me on +44 20 7013 4389.

Many thanks,

Paula

Hi

I'm new to this site & have just seen your post, are you still looking for people?

Hi Natalie,

I hope you don't mind me responding to your above post - I am actually working on a different documentary for BBC3, looking at body image and pregnancy. We are very interested in speaking to and featuring someone who is able to talk to us about being pregnant and having a difficult relationship with food and their subsequent changing body image. I think that this is emerging as a much more common issue amongst pregnant women and believe that there should be more awareness and support for women in such situations.

I would love to speak to you further about the programme if you are interested? Alternatively I have started a separate thread about the programme in the press/TV area so you could respond on that thread too. Of course by enquiring more about the programme you are by no means committing yourself to appearing in the film.

I very much look forward to hearing from you and hope that you had a brilliant Christmas and New Year (and that your pregnancy is going/has gone well?)

Take care,

Jess
[email protected] / 020 8008 0611

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back