Pregnancy and the gym

Boo44

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
I can't work out how much is OK to do in the gym during early pregnancy

Don't get me wrong I'm not a gym bunny or anything but I like to go 2-3 times a week and usually do intervals on the treadmill of a quick walk and a run, for about 20 mins then I do arm weights. That's about it basically

Last two pregnancies I didn't go to the gym but I gained weight and I really want to at least try and be healthier and fitter this time. I did my usual treadmill today and felt very warm and sweaty more than usual so I'm worried I will overdo it.

I know exercise is important in pregnancy but should I be changing my usual routine?

This may all be pointless in a week or two anyway if I get ms like usual as I won't be able to drag my ass there anyway :(

There was a study that came out recently that said your risk of mc only increases with over 7 hours of exercise a week. Personally I went to do my normal routine one day and felt like I barely survived. Your body will tell you what's too much.

I'm a competitive crossfitter that worked out 5-6 days a week. Now I'm so sick I can't even do one day. Haven't been at gym in over 2 weeks... I'd say as long as you feel good then do what feels right xx

Listen to your body; if you're starting to overheat definitely stop. Maybe try the treadmill at a slower pace and then gradually build up speed until you find that sweet spot?

I still jog, just not as fast, and it's definitely been helpful for keeping the unnecessary weight off for this pregnancy.

Also make sure you're getting your water in! :)

I think what you are doing sounds good :), congratulations boo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->