Pregnancy diet

Fitgirl999

Reaction score
Hello ladies :) can everyone share the meals you having throughout the day in a first trimester. I'm really concerned because I'm not a fan of the foods (some of it) you have to eat in a first trimester. I mean I don't eat all the don'ts like raw meat sushi and so on. I don't like whole grains it tastes bad for me I would rather have a smaller amount of white rice or white bread than whole wheat. I would have chicken like twice a week with pasta or rice. Normally I don't eat much and I'm at my 5 weeks and I'm concerned if I should change my diet completely or just keep eating what I eat.
My regular day meals would be:
Breakfast: small everything bagel (100cal) with decaf medium latte
Snack: banana
Lunch: Chineese chicken noodle soup or spinach salad with grilled spicy chicken
Snack: orange
Snack2: few crackers
Dinner: pasta with chicken or avocado rolls( we make it home don't buy it because some sushi places use the same knife they cut raw fish and other rolls so better safe then sorry:))
My dinner is various, I eat cooked salmon like once in 2 weeks (not fan of it). Sometimes would have chicken or beef cutlets like once a week.
I don't know maybe I'm paranoid 😄😄😄 but I don't consume whole grains cuz I hate it!! Should I be concerned ?? Can you ladies share the meals you eat :))
P.S I don't eat much dairy which I should due to calcium!

Also. Does anyone know how many mg of caffeine is in decaf medium latte? (12oz) I was trying to find it but it wasn't clear. Starbucks decaf I think 30 mg

It's good to focus on lots of protein (I was told 80-100grams a day), healthy fats like coconut oil and olive oil and extra calories. You are growing a new life in you and that requires lots of extra nutrients!

I usually eat three scrambled eggs with bell pepper and bacon for breakfast and a cup of almond milk. Protein snacks between meals like a handful of nuts and a piece of fruit. Ideally you should be having protein every 2-3 hours. This should help with nausea and also helps you get the protein in.

Dairy is good for the calcium but it doesn't have to be milk and cheese. For example, I drink the almond milk. If you don't like it look around for other sources of calcium that come in food.

Is it ok to eat bacon??? That's so much I have no time to eat with school and work... Do you think I need to change my diet or add more food to my diet ?

I would eat whatever sounds appealing. You really don't have to overthink it. As long as you are taking a pregnancy vitamin to get enough folic acid and not drinking 5 cups of coffee a day or having a nightly martini, you really can't eat anything too wrong.

I drank a cup or some times 2 of regular coffee daily through my pregnancy. You shouldn't have more than 200 mg on a daily basis (to give you an idea, a shot of espresso usually has about 60-80 mg and filtered coffee can have 100-200mg per cup). But that's about 1-2 cups of coffee or more depending on how strong you make them, and even if you go over that, as long as you don't do it every single day, you're fine.

As for food, it's hard enough to find appealing foods when you're pregnant, so if it sounds good to you (and maybe if it's not like 3 bags of Haribo in a row), I'd eat it and not worry about it. Yes, dark leafy greens and whole grains are great sources of folic acid, other B vitamins, and iron, but you can get those from loads of other sources and also from a vitamin. Your diet sounds generally fine to me, maybe a bit on the low calorie side but you know what you're used to, so I wouldn't worry unless you're losing weight or your bloods come back showing any sort of deficiency (which is unlikely). And yes, bacon is fine. It's obviously not the healthiest and most nutritious thing if that's what you eat every day for the rest of your life, but it's not going to do you any harm either if that's what's working for now.

Thank you so much for your responses!!!! It is my first pregnancy and I'm currently 5 weeks period of time when all major organs develops so I'm very concerned about everything 😄😄😄 I will try to add more protein in my diet maybe protein shakes. Yes I do take prenatal vitamins 3 months already so I hope all will be fine :)

I'm living on salad, tomato soup and ice lollies as I have aversions to pretty much everything. I wouldn't worry so much, just keep taking the vitamins and drinks lots of water

Before this third pregnancy of mine, I was convinced I am going to be super healthy and eat all of the right things. And well, let's just say the last two weeks have been far from ideal.

And not because I don't want to eat brilliantly, I am really struggling to.
But if you can manage, I would try and consume foods that have probiotics, vit d- sun helps too, oily fish, iron rich foods, and a variety of fruit and veg would help if you can stomach it.

It is the same thing as going on a diet to lose weight 😄 Will start next Monday 😄😄 as long as don't eat Mercury fish and don't drink alcohol we should be fine. I just wish would have more time to cook more protein rich food because I'm concerned about the chicken noodle soup that I'm getting from Chineese restaurant . Is it safe to order Chineese or vegetarian sushi??? Chinese restaurants freaking me out a little bit because you never know how they making food. The same sushi places - they might cut your veggie roll with the same knife they cut raw fish roll :(

What about large decaf latte? Does anyone know how many mg of caffeine it has ???

You sound really concerned about your diet, it might be a good idea to make a list of questions to ask your Dr so he/she can come up with a plan just for you. Like others have said. The heavy hitters are most important, nothing in excess and take your vitamins (if you can remember. I'm having a hard time these days lol) as far as a decaf latte, I dint know how much caffeine but im sure you are fine :) h&h 9 months!

Gosh Op you post makes me feel guilty... I gave had such strong aversions and sickness I feel bad for not being so healthy. Prior to pregnancy I said I was going to eat the best I ever had! Hopefully it gets better so I can !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->