Pregnancy Rage... Not just mood swings... Actual rage!

Buggzxxx

Reaction score
Is anyone else feeling this? Its something I'm struggling with at the minute! Im 6+5 and the smallest thing will set me off! It started Sunday, I got mad at OH because I was bored, told him to leave me alone because I wanted really really felt like I wanted to smack him in the face!!!! Thi is not your average mood swing!!! Yesterday it started again, I got really mad because there was nothing good to watch on the TV (haha its funny now). Luckily OH mustve felt a shift in the air as he went out and came back with lots of treats which prevented the full blown sissy fit that was brewing!

This is my worst syptom so far, Ive had the odd bout of quesyness and sore boobs but not much else!

So ladies, anybody else feeling extremely angry and aggressive for no real reason? Or am I just a weirdo lol x

my first pregnancy I was like that, like someone mowing their lawn at 8am had me flipping out and actually shaking with rage. It was horrible. It did go away it was more a first tri thing. I was all over the place with my first. Even last preg my hormones where bad. I felt sorry for my other half putting up with me.

snap - although i am now 10 weeks and I seem to be a bit calmer. for the last 2 weeks I have been horrid. I feel so sorry for my husband, I just couldn't help it! My mood swings would come out of no where and I would scream for no real reason and get SO angry it was unreal! at times I could barely remember what happened, quite scary really. I am hoping that each week that passes, the moods/angry goes away!!!

Yeah, I totally had that. In an argument with OH, I actually went into a total rage and started hitting the dashboard really hard and repeatedly with an orange juice bottle, screaming and crying, and only realized after we'd gotten into the house that I'd caused my jagged middle finger ring to actually cut into my finger and cause it to bleed and had caused one of the other joints on my index finger to bleed. Besides that, I could feel the tension and stress and adrenaline in my body and instantly felt so guilty because I knew that had to harm the baby and could not be good for the baby! I went into a slight rage the next day but then I actually took my OH and I to a mediator to talk about our problems and come to some agreements so that I wouldn't be provoked into rage and I also made the agreement that I would control my emotions better, because it's not just about me anymore, it's about the baby. That was the most important thing I realized - it is not about who is right in the argument, me, OH, someone else, etc., it is about making sure the baby is safe, and the baby is not going to be safe if there is continual high stress and arguing and screaming and tension. It's important to do what you can to remain calm, leave the situation, take a walk, etc., because it's not healthy and to some degree it can be controlled. I've been doing a good job of controlling it and haven't had an outburst like that since! :happydance: I know it can be hard because emotions and hormones are raging around but you'd be surprised how much you can control them when you take into account that negative, high-intensity situations could actually harm your baby.

I'm glad its not just me! Thank god OH has learned very quickly when its happening and knows I really can't help it haha! I just hope I dont go ballistic at some poor innocent stranger for something of nothing!

It was a bad mood swing that made me test and get my BFP. I wanted to dry my hair and OH was playing xbox... All the sockets where full so I pulled the first plug I touched... Which was of course the damn xbox! Then I proceded to go mad AT HIM because I unplugged his console and ruined HIS game! Hahaha! I warbled on for a good half an hour that the socket which I now had my hairdryer plugged into was MY socket and I'd be damned if he was allowed to plug any of his s**t in there! How ridiculous! He's not dared to ise that socket ever since!!! That incident was nowhere near as intense as my recent ones though... Lets all hope I dont end up banged up for starting a riot before second tri arrives hahaha x

I'm glad its not just me! Thank god OH has learned very quickly when its happening and knows I really can't help it haha! I just hope I dont go ballistic at some poor innocent stranger for something of nothing!

It was a bad mood swing that made me test and get my BFP. I wanted to dry my hair and OH was playing xbox... All the sockets where full so I pulled the first plug I touched... Which was of course the damn xbox! Then I proceded to go mad AT HIM because I unplugged his console and ruined HIS game! Hahaha! I warbled on for a good half an hour that the socket which I now had my hairdryer plugged into was MY socket and I'd be damned if he was allowed to plug any of his s**t in there! How ridiculous! He's not dared to ise that socket ever since!!! That incident was nowhere near as intense as my recent ones though... Lets all hope I dont end up banged up for starting a riot before second tri arrives hahaha x

haha! Sorry but that made me laugh so much! :thumbup: that's exactly the sort of thing that I would do! start losing it over something that didn't even effect me but him instead! priceless :dohh: Its a horrible feeling when you start to lose control, I'm really trying to watch what I say and try and bite my tongue and just realise how utterly unreasonable I am being.It's hard but I am lucky that my husband is pretty understanding... although I don't think he could handle another 7 months of it... neither could I for that matter!! what with mood swings, the feeling like I am going to puke at any point, no sleep due to constant peeing every hour, bloated feeling all the time, greasy hair and spots... who would've though the first tri would be this much fun! :haha:

oh yes, its very easy to fly into a fit of rage. Im normally a very tolerant amd calm person.

Been there lol. Right now in stewing over the fact I cant do dishes as the gas is off and need to wait on oh coming home in 6 hours to empty his crap out of his shed so i can get to gas meter and top it up

I've had this all 3 times. With my first son, it was AWFUL! With my second son, it wasn't as bad. I've flown off the handle already this time, and I'm only 5 weeks along. That's how I knew - it happened at 4 weeks exactly, and I threw coffee across the room because my partner kept unplugging the coffee maker. ;) For some of us, I think it's just how our bodies handle these crazy pregnancy hormones. My suggestion is to apologize in advance to your OH ...and to tell him, he should probably get used to it for a while. hah

I am less full of rage and more "annoyed".. OH will randomly try to kiss me and I'll say "do I look in the mood for romance".. :) It's 2 in the afternoon and the middle of grocery shopping - who'd kiss then?? lol.. :)

I had this last time to the point where i was Probably slightly out of control at times :/ calmed in second tri! This time Im a wuss, i just cry all the time

my first pregnancy I was like that, like someone mowing their lawn at 8am had me flipping out and actually shaking with rage. It was horrible. It did go away it was more a first tri thing. I was all over the place with my first. Even last preg my hormones where bad. I felt sorry for my other half putting up with me.

Omg, you're finally on here!

I think I'm having this now. It's still very early days in the pregnancy so any symptoms I have aren't very strong yet but I have been very snappy with DH pretty much since ovulation. I remember seeing "I hate my oh" type threads in the past and never understood them. My dh is such a dear. But I have to say I finally 'get it'. I feel like I hate him! And it's very much undeserved hate. He takes good care of me....even if he's a little clueless at times.

Today I got mad at him because the TV show he was watching was boring. I was on the laptop so it didn't even matter. Then I got mad because I had a hard time following the show. I felt like the actors were all speaking gibberish. I just couldn't follow!

No real rages yet but the amount of ire that is boiling under the surface when I haven't even officially missed AF yet makes me quite nervous about what is to come. I've had rage issues in dealing with my miscarriages and depression so I'd hate to see what pregnancy hormones do with that.

The worst part is I know at the time why Im being so angry but i cant stop it! 10 minutes after these incidents we have a good laugh about about it because it is over the silliest thing. But at the time if he laughed I'd probably lose my mind haha x

The slightest thing can trigger an absolute shaking fury inside me so I totally feel you on this.

I loved reading this one it really made me giggle the fact he still hasn't been near that plug socket hahaha, bless ya! :haha:

The worst part is I know at the time why Im being so angry but i cant stop it! 10 minutes after these incidents we have a good laugh about about it because it is over the silliest thing. But at the time if he laughed I'd probably lose my mind haha x

Same here. :haha:

It doesn't help that my son is going through his toddler tantrums stage and right now is in love with yelling about everything. :wacko:

OMG I'd forgotten about this - I totally used to get pregnancy rage!! Proper, real rage, not just a bit grumpy but actual rage. FIL was seeing this awful woman at the time and the very sight of her or the mention of her name used to send me into a full blown rage :haha:

LOL, yeah I was saying to OH the other day that I shouldn't be allowed to drive in first tri as chances are quite good I will take to someone's windscreen with a crowbar for failure to indicate or something. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->