Pregnancy Rhinitus?

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this??? I have had one stinking cold which lasted a week, and that was a full blown cold. But at least once a week, I get cold symptoms.

I have an itchy, blocked and runny nose. My eyes stream. My mouth is dry and feels all 'coldy'. It's severe when I get it, and I feel like crap. But it lasts anything between 24 and 48 hours, then I'm fine again.

FIL commented that I may be allergic to something, so I googled it and came up with Pregnancy Rhinitus. And I can remember getting it when I was pg with Kayleigh! Whenever I went to stay at her Dad's for the weekend, I would be fine on the Saturday morning, but by Saturday night I'd be full of cold. I'd go home on Sunday afternoon and would be fine Monday morning. I put it down to them living on a farm, and me being allergic to something, but now I'm thinking it was what I'm getting now.

I'm keeping a diary of when I get the symptoms so I can see what I've been doing,

Has anyone else had it???

I have had it with every pregnancy from about 10 weeks onwards. It is awful, especially with having the heating on this time of year. I feel like I have a permanant cold and sneeze alot!! Mine is constant but I don't get a runny nose and eyes.

There are no triggers for me as it is constant but I just learn to deal with it :cry:

I read about this when i was early on and come the conclusion i have it.
My nose is permanently running/blocked. I cant stop sneezing. The eyes are occasional, depends how irritated my nose is.

Since getting pg ive not slept without breathing through my mouth instead of my nose

Sorry to hear you're both going through it too.:hugs: I started feeling a little itchy this morning, and now I feel like I've got a full blown cold again. I'm sneezing, blowing my nose constantly, my eyes are streaming and I'm doing a fantastic rudolf impression.:hissy::cry:

I'm suffering with this too. I have a permanently stuffy and runny nose, and tend to sneeze a fair bit. I should have shares in Kleenex or something! :lol:

Like Arcanegirl, since getting pregnant I've not been able to sleep without breathing through my mouth rather than my nose.... and apparently that does WONDERS for snoring :blush: :dohh: No fun! :hissy:

I breathe through my mouth when sleeping too and I have terribly sore throats and I snore like a hurricane!!

I do. I had a sinus infection a few weeks back and cannot shake it. Doc gave me antibiotics that didn't work. Nose is tingling a lot of the time. I find hot honey and lemon really does help. I did read that sinus problems were an issue around now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->