Pregnancy test help!

Kristin.K

Reaction score
Hi! I think I'm becoming obsessed with testing since I haven't been to the doctor yet (going in 1 week!). I should be about 7 weeks pregnant and have taken tests (first response) and gotten the BFP. The last two I took (this morning and a week ago) the control line (closest line to the part you hold) has been very faint! Has anyone experienced this? The ones I took on the beginning were clearly two lines, but now the control is very faint. Is this a good sign??

Probably just a bad batch of tests. Nothing to worry about, but I think it's time to stop testing now! :D also keep in mind that at some point tests become negative again (I think it's called the hook effect? Someone correct me if that's wrong, please.)

Sometimes the test line can take dye from the control line, it happened to me more than once and at one point my control line was much fainter than the test line.

It's definitely a good thing :)

Having a darker test line is a good thing x

ive been testing often too just to see the dark lines. the darker it is the more concentrated the HCG is in your urine and sometimes holding it in for longer will make all the difference. sometimes mine are just a tad lighter in shade to the control if i pee in an hour. other times they're scary dark! it just depends on how long you've held in your urine because you have to let the hcg build up in a concentrated amount.

I am right there with you Kristin. I have to wait until monday to go to the doctor, but I was going insane and needing some more confirmation so I went to a dollar tree and bought some cheap tests yesterday. Four so I could test every other day just to make myself relax.

Ugh it's so stressful! Good luck and let us know how Monday goes :)

Yeah it happened to me. It means your hormones are super strong so the test line needs more dye :)

Ugh it's so stressful! Good luck and let us know how Monday goes :)

I will do, same goes for your appointment as well, and by the way, by my calculation I am in my 7th week right now too :)

Oh so exciting!!! Can't wait to hear about the appointment! I'll keep you on the loop! I hope we can be 'pregnant buddies' :) haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->