Pregnancy test question

tuttibella

Reaction score
After my initial BFP I've continued to test each morning, don't know why - it's a bit of an addiction :blush: The tests are only very slightly darker. How long does it take for the second (pregnancy) line to get as dark as the test line? Would love to know. Tutti.

It varies hun. Some women a lot longer than others but to be totally honest with you it really is no indication of how a pregnancy is progressing, just causes worry most of the time. So many things can influence line darkness such as urine concentration, amount of dye within the test itself and also what tests your using. Only real way to know is through repeat bloods or a scan. I was told by my fertility consultant not to waste my money or stress myself out over it and to be honest it never gave me any indications in the past I was heading for a loss, tests always stayed dark right up to the point I lost my angels. Massive congrats on your bfp!

It's very tempting to keep testing but like above poster said it isn't really any indication of how things are progressing I don't think. I did do 4 tests the last one at 6 weeks and it was sooo dark! I guess that did put my mind at rest but I also know if it hadn't been that dark I would have panicked and then worked myself up into a frenzy and that's not good for anyone! If you do have any pain or spotting go straight or call to the hospital and they will check your hcg levels. Otherwise just enjoy your pregnancy!! Xxxx

Put the tests away! The darkenss of a line is not a measure of viability of the pregnancy. Just get your pregnancy confirmed with your doctor.

My first preg test was very very faint, and my second one was faint. Nearly two weeks later and my test was much darker.

Its too easy to get obsessed with the line

Congrats on your pregnancy and wishing you a happy, healthy 9 months!

I agree with all the pps. Pregnancy test lines are no indication of hormone levels. My test lines with my last pregnancy were the same darkness as the lines in this pregnancy. The difference? At 7 weeks with my last pregnancy, my betas were 55,000. This time at 7 weeks they were 29,000. The only thing pregnancy test lines tell you is that you have a baby in you. To answer your question though from a personal experience, mine didn't get that dark until 18-20 dpo.

I have heard people say that theirs NEVER got as dark as the control. (to be clear, I mean people who went on to have wonderful pregnancies and happy healthy babies)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->