Pregnancy & Text buddy! April 7th 2011 - UK

rae27

Fab 9yo girl, loving SO, expecting no2 Jan 2021
Reaction score
Hiya,
I'm Rae, I'm 24 and expecting my little girl (first pregnancy) on April 7th.
I'd kinda like someone to chat over symptoms etc, rant and vent with, and support as we get closer and closer to the big B(irth)Day!
A bit about me:
I've just celebrated my second wedding anniversary with my lovely husband Stefan. We live in Sheffield, in Yorkshire. I work as a performing arts technician in a local comprehensive school and hubby works for a student accomodation company. We've got two lovely tuxedo cats who have been our surrogate babies up til now! We've both got South African blood in us. OH is fully fledged, born and bred whereas I only have my Dad's side of the family there, although I've spent a great deal of time there.
I'm planning on having a water birth providing all goes well. So far pregnancy has been relatively uneventful. I had a fairly rough first trimester and morning sickness didn't clear until I was around 16/17 weeks, but found my second wind and have got my energy and life back now! On the whole the second trimester all went fairly smoothly so I'm hoping for 3rd tri to follow the course!
Thanks for bearing with me through this post!

Hi Rae, I hope you are well. My name is Yvonne and I am 29 years old. Thisis also my first child and I am exptecting him on 2nd April 2010. We stay in Scotland but my Fiancee is originally from South Africa. We plan to travel to SA when the baby is born so we can see my fiancee's family when the little one is here.

Hope you are keeping well xxxx

Hi Yvonne,
I'm not doing to badly. It's my first day back in work today after the christmas break so feeling a bit sluggish but not bad really!
You're trip to SA sounds lovely. I think we're going to end up with a lot of Stefan's family coming over this way for holidays over the next year! We've done a lot of travelling to them in the last few years and we're a bit broke! All our savings are going to baby atm.
Where abouts in SA is your fiancee from? My husband is from Port Elizabeth and my Dad's family are originally from Grahamstown although his Mum is currently settled in Cape Town along with her sister and my Aunt is in J'burg. We're quite spread out!
Hope everything is well with you and baby.
xx

Hi Rae,

Sorry it has taken forever to post a reply, I'm useless sometimes lol.

My Fiancee is from Port Alfred, but went to school in Grahamstown and stidied in Port Elizabeth. His parents are from the Eastern Cape, near Willowmore and his brother stays in Noordhoek. We went travelling SA last year, that was the first time I visited and I absolutely loved it!

How is everything going with your pregnancy? x

How funny that his roots are so close to my families! We spent some time in Port Alfred back in 2005, loved it!
It's so easy to fall in love with South Africa. I firt went when I was 10 back in 1996 and just thought it was wonderful and swore I would have a gap year there, low and behold I did!
Pregnancy is going fine, I feel like things have slowed down a bit though. I have times when it feels like birth day is practically round the corner and then all of a sudden it seems ages away! Hows pregnancy been treating you?
x

I know what you mean, I love South Africa. My Fiancee has a house there, but he rents it out long term, but I would so move there!

My pregnancy is going well, but I have SPD, very sore pelvic pain which isnt good at all.

I feel like I am just waiting now and feel really excited that it's finally coming to an end...it feels like I have been pregnant forever!

I'm hardly ever on here, just because I have a terrible memory, but if you ever want to chat I'm on FB as yve1612 (Yvonne Murray).

Take care x

I've added you on FB (Rae Booyens).
My parents have a house just outside Cape Town, very jealous! They've just got back from 3 weeks out there. I'd love to be able to live that life!

Hi Ladies,

Hope im not post crashing in here :)

Im due 9th April and also expecting my first. Im 23 and live with my OH and our beautiful pup Jack Russell 'Roxy'.

Hope to get to know you soon xx

Hi again!
Feel free to add me on facebook if you're more likely to chat etc on there. Although I do check on here quite often!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->