Pregnancy Weight Gain

C

carla15x

How much weight is normal to gain during pregnancy?

xx

Depends on the individual.
The recommended weight gain is 25-35 lbs, more or less, depending on your pre-pregnancy BMI.
However, lots of women gain more or less and have perfectly healthy pregnancies. It depends on a lot of things.

I put on 5st by the time I was hitting 30wks. Never weighed myself after that but can imagine it was probably another 4st on top, but I put on alot more after having to have steroid injections

different for everyone really. I put on just over a stone.

They say 9 months on, 9 months off. Others say its a 12 month rule. But it depends on your age, massively. A 19 year old will lose it far quicker than a 39 year old. It depends on your weight before hand. If you are slim it will be easier than if you are very over weight.

It depends on your mum also, and your height as biological and genetic factors come into it.

Basically it depends.

I was 23 when I got pregant, put on 3 stone. That was 2.5 years ago and I cant shift the last half stone, but I was so so slim before hand that Im really not bothered.

Also depends on whether you breasfeed and how long for.

I gained 40lbs. I shifted about 10lbs straight away, but it's taken me until now to shift another 16lbs (I didn't really watch my weight though)

It depends on loads of things, how you carry, your cravings, what you eat, how much exercise you do etc etc.

I gained 2lbs up until I was 20 weeks and thought that was amazing - in the final 20 weeks I gained 4 stone :shock: and 9 months after giving birth have only lost 2! Not that ive really tried though..

last time I weighed myself I had 1stone left but I am breast feeding

I gained 50 during pregnancy, lost 25 within the first 2 weeks, another 10 by week six and now have 12 lbs left to go!
I don't think it will really shift until I stop Bfing.
Another weird thing is that I can't fit into clothes that I wore when I was heavier than I am now. ( I lost about 25 lbs two years before I got pregnant.) My body shape has definitely changed. I think long sessions at the gym are the only solution for that. :(

I gained 50 during pregnancy, lost 25 within the first 2 weeks, another 10 by week six and now have 12 lbs left to go!
I don't think it will really shift until I stop Bfing.
Another weird thing is that I can't fit into clothes that I wore when I was heavier than I am now. ( I lost about 25 lbs two years before I got pregnant.) My body shape has definitely changed. I think long sessions at the gym are the only solution for that. :(

I found this also. I was still in my maternity trousers until he was 4months because my hips widened that much

I gained about 30lbs. Still have 14 of those. Not really trying to get rid of them and I dont think they are going anywhere.

So you keep the wieght if you bf? This is the only thing I'm scared of!! Can I get pregnant and not gain weight?!?! lol

xx

Up to 2 stone of the weight gain is baby, water and placenter. Anything else depends on the same things if your not pregnant, how much you eat and how much exercise you do.

So you keep the wieght if you bf? This is the only thing I'm scared of!! Can I get pregnant and not gain weight?!?! lol

xx

Women who breastfeed generally lose weight very quickly at first, then have a reserve of 10-15 lbs that stays until the breastfeeding finishes. After that, lots of women find that the reserve disappears, others of us hit the gym. :)
If anything, breastfeeding kicks your metabolism into high gear and you lose the pregnancy weight faster.
This is only generally, and there are lots of exceptions. Again, it depends on the individual.

xx

Not possible im afraid, but all worth it for what you get in retrospec

I put on about 3 stone. When I had Emm I think I lost about a stone and then after about 6 months the weight fell off me and now I am a bit lighter than I was before I was preggers!

I think it's because I am so busy, Emm is very active and didnt sleep properly for over a year!!!! I went back to work part-time at 6 months.

I breastfed for a year but gradually weaned her over the last few months before her birthday. I think it depends if you BF and also what your natural body shape is. I think maybe I'm quite lucky - if you have a tendency to be bigger anyway I think it's harder. x

Recommended is 25lbs here,

I gained 40,

lost 30 within the first 3 weeks.

I've nearly lost all of the weight now not trying or doing much at all and Elyse is 3 months old Saturday.

I'd like to lose 10-20lbs off what I was pre-pregnancy at least also.. so I have some work to do yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->