Pregnant after Infertility..anyone else?

me222

Reaction score
Hi. I'm 4 weeks + 3 days pregnant. Found out over a week before my period was meant to be due so have known since about 3 weeks pregnant. I'm wondering whether there's others on here who were lttc??

We were trying for almost 6 years and had one chemical last year. Being pregnant after infertility makes me continue to worry that something will go wrong, especially because we're so used to things going wrong and years of disappointment.

How are other past lttcers coping?

We were TTC for 2 years.. ive had 3 miscarriages and have one 4 year old son.. i definitely understand the feeling of thinking something bad will happen. Ill be honest ive been having trouble being excited about this pregnancy because of it.. i mean i am SO SO happy to be pregnant and be past 12 weeks now.. but i think after the last miscarriage, i allowed my mind to tell me id never have another child.. i know thats silly because so many people go through it much more than i did, but i just felt it would never happen so now that it is, ive just kind of held back. Congrats on being pregnant! it must be so amazing after wanting it for so long <3 I hope you have a happy and perfectly healthy 9 months !

Six years is a long time to suffer from infertility! I'm so sorry you went through that. For this baby, we tried for nearly two years and suffered from five early losses. We tried everything short of IVF and just nothing was working. Fertility meds and IUI would get me pregnant, but they just wouldn't stick. I started attending the recurrent miscarriage clinic, who discovered I might (just awaiting second positive test) have a clotting disorder. The drugs schedule to treat it in pregnancy would be aspirin and heparin. I self-medicated the aspirin and got pregnant the first month. Amazingly, it's stuck! And I'm nearly the furthest I've gotten with all those losses. I have to inject myself with fragmin (a form of heparin) and I still take the baby aspirin, and they seem to be working. I find out if all is well on Tuesday when I have a scan at 6+1. I am super scared all the time though and it just doesn't feel real. My first two kids came alon so easily. This has been a surreal experience from start to finish.

I hope you have a beautiful nine months! I can't imagine how painful those 6 years must have been!

Hey! 4 years and 3 rounds of clomid for us! I'm a bit like that too, always waiting for something bad to happen and tthen hinking "yeah I thought so" I think after so many disappointments it's hard to be positive and enjoy my pregnancy.

Sarah xxx

Yes, I have had that concern before. I understand it completely and wish you the best. I hope you get a perfect pregnancy. :hugs:

I was supposed to be infertile before getting pregnant with my first-born. I have PCOS, hypothyroidism, a slew of autoimmune disorders, and am obese. So, I wasn't ovulating...... and I was at a high risk of my body attacking a pregnancy. I finally got pregnant after 18 months TTC and years of NTNP. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to sustain a pregnancy since it "obviously" wasn't meant to be. But, it was. The pregnancy was perfect. My oldest is perfect, and I am miraculously fertile as heck after finally getting pregnant the first time.

My sister tried for over 9 years to get pregnant with her second child. She now has a 4-year-old and a 14-year-old. :)

Hi!
I'm experiencing much the same. After fertility treatments to have my son, it was nerve wracking. by 9 weeks I've already seen this baby and heartbeat on 3 ultrasounds, but after a missed miscarriage around this time a few years ago, I'm still nervous. We are going to tell friends who are also pregnant tomorrow, and part of me is thinking, well, it will be hard to tell them if this baby doesn't make it and theirs does.

It's okay to protect yourself some. Some moms take a few months after birth to bond with their child. I hope your pregnancy is uneventful.

Thank you @squirrel. Yes, it has been a very tough road especially seeing friends and others we know fall pregnant without planning on it and putting up with all sorts of insensitive comment. I'm sorry for your losses. :( it is difficult.

Having gone through infertility- I think that is why I am am thankful to God for every symptom I have. We are both cautious though. I do kind of envy those who are super excited straight after they get that bfp and aren't too worried.

Hey! 4 years and 3 rounds of clomid for us! I'm a bit like that too, always waiting for something bad to happen and tthen hinking "yeah I thought so" I think after so many disappointments it's hard to be positive and enjoy my pregnancy.

Sarah xxx
Yes! This! So true!

I'm here finally after 5 years of infertility. I think it's robbed me of the ability to be overly happy in a way as I just keep thinking of things that could go wrong or why now etc...

Thankfully we had our 12 week scan on Friday and all looking great. Have started telling people now which is making it feel more real.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and I'm wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months xx

We weren't trying for nearly as long as everyone else here, but if we hadn't been proactive and went to the doctor before the 12 month mark, I have no doubt it would have taken us years. I'm thankful our problem was an easy fix compared to many others going through infertility. I agree about it robbing some of the happiness, I know if we had fallen pregnant straight away we would have been feeling much different to now.

Hello! I'm also pregnant after 5 years of infertility and this was our first IVF which was successful. I totally feel your fear and I'm constantly doubting the whole thing. I bought a doppler and have been able to hear baby's heartbeat I'm 11+1 . Such a reassurance! We just have to try to stay positive and enjoy whatever the outcome is (but it will be a happy healthy baby) Congratulations for getting here!!! Xxxxx

I'm very nervously pregnant after 5.5 years of infertility. I'm doing really well at panicking. Coping, however, I'm not so good at! It's hard to imagine this one sticking. I just have to hope we got an extra sticky one this time. Xx

I just found out I'm pregnant after six years and countless fertility treatments and I feel the same. Its terrifying and every cramp makes me more nervous.

I hope I can relax after my scan but as trying2012 said, its like im missing the joy other women feel when they find out and really, I should have more!

Best of luck to you xx

Me and DF were trying for 15 months with 3 losses.
Secondary infertility.
RPL clinic and consultant put us on baby aspirin and progesterone suppositories from bfp. That was the only thing he could do after investigations came up with very little.

Last loss at 6w on 23rd Nov 2016 and bfp on 16th Dec, with not even a cycle between.

But low and behold, things seem to have stuck this time.... hopefully! And will be our rainbow! X

How's everyone feeling? My pregnancy hasn't been to bad so far , although I don't have anything to compare it too! Nausea on and off, gassy, tired and dizzy at times but other than that I've been ok. I have my 12 week scan on wednesday and I literally cannot wait!!! Time is going so slow but also fast. I just wanna get into the 2nd tri so I can really enjoy it xxx

My 12 week scan is on Friday! I'm looking forward to moving into the second tri too!

Hi. I'm 4 weeks + 3 days pregnant. Found out over a week before my period was meant to be due so have known since about 3 weeks pregnant. I'm wondering whether there's others on here who were lttc??

We were trying for almost 6 years and had one chemical last year. Being pregnant after infertility makes me continue to worry that something will go wrong, especially because we're so used to things going wrong and years of disappointment.

How are other past lttcers coping?

Hey hun I've learned that things go so much smoother if you just take it day by day and set small milestones. For instance I hit my first milestone when I officially made it past the point I got in any previous pregnancy and every week after that I count as another mild stone. I have a post up here farthest along ive gotten or something like that if you want to see what I mean. Just relax and enjoy everyday you have with your baby because I always feel like my biggest regret after every loss is that I didn't just treasure the time I had but spent it worrying about impending miscarriage. H&H 9 months to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->