Pregnant again.

Goodvibes0719

Reaction score
We found out that I am pregnant again. After having a baby 7 months ago! I'm super scared and nervous. I spoke to my OB today and she said our bodies can handle it. Everything I've read online says not to have another for at least 18 months to two years. I also have internal hemorrhoids. I've had troubles going number two since giving birth with my second daughter. Bleeding, fissures everything. It sucks! I'm so scared that giving birth again so close will cause more issues.

And, am I ever going to sleep again lol. My 7 month old doesn't sleep through the night yet. My first did. But my second still wakes up 2-3 times for a bottle. Maybe I'm not feeding her enough in one sitting. I dunno. I'm just scared. We bought tests a couple days ago just for the hell of it. But I KNEW I was pregnant. Women's intuition I guess. As soon as I dipped it in pee, the line came up. I was staring in disbelief and yelled for my husband lol. Anyone else had this happen? Being short months pp and pregnant again?

Congratulations.
My 1st baby was only 5 months old when i got pregnant with my 2nd. Sleep will come, i promise lol
My 2nd birth was also my easiest :)

I conceived my second 4 months postpartum. Don't read the stuff on the Internet (wish I hadn't); it's all negative because, frankly, less people go online to share the good stories because they have no reason to realize they are a success story. We come online to share our loss, pain, confusion, but never to say "hey I conceived my second at 4 months pp and the pregnancy was so much smoother than the first." (Now I said it lol). I wouldn't worry yourself; every body handles pregnancy different, I suppose, but I think it's generally fine to conceive quickly.

As far as the night feedings, my pediatrician said that after 3 months, your child is not waking up in hunger but in habit. We weaned ours off using the 1 minute technique- the first night let them cry a minute the. Give a bottle, the second night 2 minutes, etc until baby just stops crying for a bottle at night. It took 6 days with my first, 4 with my second. They were only 3 months, though, so I'd imagine the scenario is mich different at 7 months.

Feel free to ignore all that :) I know some people dislike unsolicited "advice" or shared experiences. And congrats of course!

Congratulations!!! Look at my signature. ;) ;) my first and second babies are 17 months apart, and my second and third are 11 months apart. I've had internal hemorrhoids since before getting pregnant with my first - I use Garden of Life 100 Billion probiotics, which are pricey but sooooo worth it. YOU ARE GOING TO BE JUST FINE! Having kids really close together is wonderful! And my closer pregnancies were actually a whole lot easier than my first and fourth (my baby turned 1 about 17-20 days before I conceived this baby.)

Thank you girls, for making my fears go down a wee bit. And I never have heard of the one minute thing! But, it sounds like something I'd like to try. I will! So, your advice won't go unnoticed. =P

I know a lot of women do go through pregnancy one after another, I just never thought it'd happen to me. =x I know a lot of women back in the old days did it lol. And I just don't see how. My nanny had eight kids and they're all around the same age. Which, I know my own mother is going to say something, I also know my husband's mother will. Ah well. I've gotten to the point where I just don't care about others opinions.
But I did have post partum depression with my second, and sometimes I still do. I have also suffered from anxiety, ocd (and no, not the kind everyone thinks), and ptsd since being a teen. So, it's just that much harder. Although, I've been seeing a counselor, and she's amazing. So, I feel like I can get through the mental issues if any come up. :) I'm just scared. It was unplanned, so it kind of swept me off of my feet. I just remember taking the test, right away a positive and yelling at my husband ha. He came running in like, "uh oh...." And I was like Yep! He calmed me down and told me we could get through it. And that it was meant to happen. We're not religious. And he's an atheist, I live by buddhist and pagan philosophies.

Oh! And not to mention, we have a TWO door vehicle lol. That is something we're going to have to get. An SUV. We have two children, so those two fit in the two door car. Our plan was to not have another child for a long time, I didn't even think I'd want another after the issues with my bum. So we were going to finish paying off the two door, and eventually get me a family vehicle I can have while my husband is at work. So, that's going to happen sooner. Just crazy I guess. A lot of things running through my mind. Lol

Congratulations!!! Look at my signature. ;) ;) my first and second babies are 17 months apart, and my second and third are 11 months apart. I've had internal hemorrhoids since before getting pregnant with my first - I use Garden of Life 100 Billion probiotics, which are pricey but sooooo worth it. YOU ARE GOING TO BE JUST FINE! Having kids really close together is wonderful! And my closer pregnancies were actually a whole lot easier than my first and fourth (my baby turned 1 about 17-20 days before I conceived this baby.)

Is that Raw Probiotics? I'm looking them up now!

Another "success" story here. All of my kids before this baby were conceived when my baby was 7/8 months (my current baby was 10 months when this one was conceived, so it'll be a "big" age gap for us :haha:). My pregnancies has been pretty good generally. And think of it this way, sure you may not sleep much for a while (I haven't slept through the night in almost 4 years now) but you're getting the baby stage done quicker than someone who spreads their kids out, so you'll get to the "sleep through the night every night" stage quicker! At least that's what I tell myself. :winkwink:

Oh, and the car situation was the same for us. We had to get me a van to fit three car seats (soon to be 4 car seats!). But it's really been great, because now I have a car so I can go places with the kids during the day. :flower:

My boy is 11 months and recently we found out I am expecting number 2. We didn't plan this. I was in a state of disbelief for the first 2 days. My first pregnancy was not easy and being a mom to my little one was challenging. I pray that it goes smooth the second time around.

I can't relate to the small age gap,my smallest gap has been two , but what I will say is you will cope , what ever way you can, we just had a complete shock pregnancy too, (we have 6) wasn't planning or thinking of 7 like u my mum will have something to say and I suspect will his and also most of our town, but what's one suppose to do right , we will
Cope with our issue too
Gud luck guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"