Pregnant at 19!

turquoise17

Reaction score
hello ladies!

my name's Ellie and I've just found out I'm pregnant! Blood test confirmed it, going for my dating scan tomorrow :) think I'm about 6 weeks though.

I know I'm at the older end of my teens (and I'll be twenty when I give birth) but I still live at home. I've finished my first year of university (Southampton, German & Linguistics), and am taking a year out because I suffer from a chronic illness and wanted to get better .. I never imagined I'd get pregnant in this time!

My boyfriend of a year and a half is the father, and he's really happy and excited too!

The one thing I need advice on though, is telling my parents ..... any of you ladies got any tips?

Nice to meet you in advance :flower:

Welcome and Congratulations! Im Lisa, 21. My husband is 23, our daughter is 3, and our son is 6 weeks. You have to tell your parents how you feel fit. I think honesty is the best answer...just sit them down and be straight forward. But there are cute ways you can do it...Like making an.announcment with your ultrasound photo, etc.
I was lucky when it came to parents...my never freaked out on, well my stepmom did (lol). Dont let their initial reactions bother you either. Afger the shock passes, it gets better.

Hi congratulations im 19 & 13 weeks pregnant. With telling parents, i tell my mum everything and felt comfortable so i told her within 2 days of finding out, i was really nervous but now she is excited :)
The sooner you tell them, the better you will feel & im sure they'd want to know early on, i think try & tell them in a casual way instead of sitting them down as it might seem like something off tv & they'll know straight away ha xx

Congratulations & Welcome :wave:
My name is Clair, I'm 18 and I have a 14 month old son called Jason and I'm 18 weeks pregnant with our second. I'll be 19 when I give birth this time :)

The best way is to just tell them face-to-face IMO. I text my mum and turned my phone off first time, this time I just told her and she was still mad but it seemed much easier than last time! :)

Hello and welcome! I'm Kaleigh, 20 [in September], and 21 +6 with a little girl, our first. My SO and I have been together 2 years and will hopefully be married next fall [2014], if everything goes as planned!

It's easier just to tell your parents early on, and give them some time to wrap their head around it. Hey, they might even surprise you!

hey welcome and congrats! I'm Becca I'm 18 and I'm 9 plus 4 weeks. I turn 19 in September. Don't worry about your parents. My mom knew I was having sex so when i told her it wasn't as big of a shock as it would have been and now that she knows I'm so glad. She gives me advice and tells me all the things that i wouldnt find out reading a baby book. My dad on the other hand didn't even know I was having sex and he's even over it. My mom cried but I think she's excited now. It's also a good thing you have your boyfriend on your side. He will help a lot.

Congratulations on your pregnancy hun :) I haven't been in this section for a while but welcome! :) I was 19 when I fell pregnant too, I'm now 21 with a 12 month old :)

Advice to tell parents is to tell them as soon as possible. I told mine and they were disappointed at first, but by the time I hit 20 weeks they couldn't have been more excited for us. I was only with me OH for 5 months when we fell pregnant so it's a good job my parents liked him! :) Give me a message if you need any more advice.

Hello again everyone!
Thank you all so much for your advice, I told my mum the other day (I just burst into tears!) and she's coming with me & my boyfriend to my dating scan next week, and we're going to tell my dad afterwards. She was shocked and a bit disappointed, but the first thing she asked was "how is the little one?" so that's good to know she's on my side :)

I'm a bit scared of telling my dad, but I'll keep you all posted! my boyfriend is telling his parents next week too, so fingers crossed and thanks so much for being so welcoming <3

Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm 18 and 19+5 weeks pregnant. Fresh out of high school. I kind of just blurted it out to my mom to get it over with. She was dissapointed and was for about another 12 weeks but now she's ok nd excited to know she's having a grandson.

Hi Ellie, welcome! I'm Shannon, 21, and I have a 2 year old named Victoria "Tori"! :D

Hi! Congratulations :hugs:

I am also 19 and currently 34 weeks + 3.

I was always so scared about telling my parents I was pregnant. The way I did it was:

I had an inkling that I was pregnant as I had missed my period. It was literally only by a few days but believe me - YOU JUST KNOW lol. So I kept saying to my mum "I think I'm pregnant". I had done several pregnancy tests (about 4) and every one had turned out negative but I was adamant that I knew I was pregnant. I finally asked my mum to come and get a pregnancy test with me after about 3 weeks of a missed period. She came and we did it together when I got home, and HEY PRESTO!! It was positive. We both nervously laughed at each other and I was kind of freaked out saying what am I going to do???!! Her advice was this - YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY 19 YEAR OLD TO FALL PREGNANT. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT'S GOING THROUGH THIS.

I give the same advice to you when telling your parents - if they freak out on you, don't mind them. It will just be shock. Tell them "I'm not the only one" "Other people are going through this"

Congrats again :D x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->