Pregnant at 45, 2 HCG tests slowly rising

Good luck to you when you try again! From what I've heard the older you get the lower the egg quality, that could explain why you've had two miscarriages in a row. Just from reading the stories from the ladies on this website It seems to be pretty common if you're 35yo+. I'm only 33 years old and I've had three chemicals in a row before I fell pregnant with this one.

Yep! I’ve heard this too so was ready for the eventuality of it... on that note I had blood work done this fall that had me way above average for a woman my age, so as comforting as that is...I’m still 45 and getting older lol.

I’ll post updates of my progressive in case it may help someone else on a similar journey.

Yep! I’ve heard this too so was ready for the eventuality of it... on that note I had blood work done this fall that had me way above average for a woman my age, so as comforting as that is...I’m still 45 and getting older lol.

I’ll post updates of my progressive in case it may help someone else on a similar journey.

:hugs: Have you started bleeding? Is your doctor going to have you do bloodwork throughout your next cycle?

I had 3 miscarriages in a row and it was so heartbreaking to me. I was 37, 39, and 41.

Update:
I ended up with a chemical pregnancy. Had my period and another BFP in two weeks! I am currently four weeks and five days pregnant.

HCG levels every 48 hours give or take a few hours because of my crazy schedule… 118, 207, 391, 705. Scheduled for another blood test tomorrow. Dog is optimistic saying I am still doubling in this 48 to 72 hour. So far my major symptom has been pregnancy brain, and fatigue.

Update:
I ended up with a chemical pregnancy. Had my period and another BFP in two weeks! I am currently four weeks and five days pregnant.

HCG levels every 48 hours give or take a few hours because of my crazy schedule… 118, 207, 391, 705. Scheduled for another blood test tomorrow. Dog is optimistic saying I am still doubling in this 48 to 72 hour. So far my major symptom has been pregnancy brain, and fatigue.
I am sorry you had a chemical pregnancy. My last 3 pregnancies were chemicals. I hope you are pregnant with your rainbow ! Praying for you that this baby sticks!

Update:

Congratulations!

I'm so sorry about the chemical hon but I'm so happy u are now pregnant again and praying this one is extra sticky.
[-o<

Update:
So my hcg levels every 40-48 hours has been the following...
..so this morning the nurse calls me and says she spoke to one of her on-call providers and discussed my numbers. She said the on-call provider recommended that I see my OB/GYN a lot sooner than I had scheduled. I was scheduled to see him on the end of this month. Yet she says he won’t be back in the office for another week and his schedule after that is completely booked solid.
So instead of driving myself crazy for two weeks or longer I called a different provider and they will do an ultrasound today at 2:30 my time. Fingers crossed for a good heartbeat!

today marks the beginning of 6 weeks, i should see a HB at this stage?

also bracing myself for bad news.

How did it go? Thinking of you!

so today is day 1 of week 6, so I’m 5 weeks along. Everything was there and measured a perfectly appropriate 5 weeks, which is great! I have another scan scheduled for a week from today, next Friday. Tomorrow another hcg lab.

it’s an hour drive on snowy roads winding through the mountains for me each direction every time I do this lol, it’s exhausting. Fingers crossed for good results, thanks so much for asking!

I am happy for you! Keep growing baby! Must be so beautiful when there is no snow! I have been to the mountains in Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana.

I am happy for you! Keep growing baby! Must be so beautiful when there is no snow! I have been to the mountains in Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana.

It’s gorgeous, I’ve been to all of those states as well, including Washington, Oregon, and lived in Montana, Idaho, Utah, and Alaska

The first mountains I saw was the Bighorn mountains in Wyoming heading to Cody, WY. It scared me. lol seeing how high we were above land. We drove through clouds in some spots. I have seen mountains in the Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina area. In fact my husband and I fell in love with the Gatlinburg, TN area that we want to move there in the next couple of years.

I got another lab taken today for hcg ....I won’t get those results until Monday. Drives me nuts waiting!

I made a joke to my husband once about how I have to take away everything I use to de-stress ...love me some cold beer lol, adore a hot bubble bath!! Chill out in the morning with a big mug of black coffee..Heaven!..all of that is taboo now and doc says don’t stress?!! Lol lol

What do you all do to de-stress without the use of awesome aids like beer, bath, coffee...

Also! Ladies, what are your thoughts re caffeine? I am a huge, HUGE coffee lover but I have abstained since BFP. I mean I have the occasional thimble full (shot glass sized coffee mug). Today I had a decaf latte but google even has horror stories regarding decaf? It was using Swiss water method.

Tonight I’m splurging on a cup of Lipton tea. I don’t do this often, hoping the random small cup is ok?

When I was pregnant is the only times I have successfully done away with caffeine. How I de-stressed was took bubble baths and read in them, went for walks, and watched TV. It was awful waiting for my hcg test results with my 2008, 2011,2013, and 2015 losses as well as when I got my New Year’s Day 2009 bfp that resulted with my last son. It was torture and I became in patient and would check My Chart constantly, which I do not recommend if you are trying to be less stressed. GL and I hope your numbers are great!

When I was pregnant is the only times I have successfully done away with caffeine. How I de-stressed was took bubble baths and read in them, went for walks, and watched TV. It was awful waiting for my hcg test results with my 2008, 2011,2013, and 2015 losses as well as when I got my New Year’s Day 2009 bfp that resulted with my last son. It was torture and I became in patient and would check My Chart constantly, which I do not recommend if you are trying to be less stressed. GL and I hope your numbers are great!

thank you! I have read that bubble baths aren’t allowed as well? Someone said keep your water temp to 100 and less But I’m accustomed to very over warm baths to loosen muscles so now I’m terrified I’d make it too hot.

I’ve been doing good on the caffeine, just once in a while allowing a sip of coffee, or maybe a cup of tea twice a week?

I totally get stressing hcg numbers and charting. I’ve accepted that this is something I can’t control so I try hard not to stress. I think the toughest part is just not knowing. Wanting an answer. Viable or not viable?! Where do I direct my energy right now, I can’t wish it a success so what do I do with myself? Those kinds of thoughts, if that makes sense.

Patiently waiting for my hcg results tomorrow, and 6-week scan Friday. I’ll try to stay sane until then :)

Got my hcg results today- 1,001. It only raised 22 points. Obviously not fabulous? Doc wanted me to come in right away for U/S but has no room for me in his schedule. Considering switching to a midwife, she’ll see us Friday and actually have time to spend on the visit.

Anyone have slow rising hcg and go on to a successful pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->