Pregnant at Christmas? Join me!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
So last time I avoided being pregnant over the Christmas season completely and I was quite smug about it all as so much of what is integral to Christmas for me is banned when you're expecting (mulled wine/cider, pâté, gooey cheeses on the cheeseboard, a glass if sherry on Christmas eve.to name but a few!). Well, this time all being well I'll be 16 weeks with our second and I am desperately searching for ways to make this Christmas special in its own way, new food and drink traditions, maybe things I can share with our 3 year old?

I was hoping we could band together and commiserate about our below par cheese selection and pool ideas for new tasty festive traditions!

I won't be pregnant for Christmas but I will have a brand new baby!! I was pregnant at Christmas with my last two babies though, I tend to buy alcohol free beer for Christmas when I'm pregnant just to feel like I have something lol, and just indulge in plenty of chocolate to make urself feel better about the lack of cheeses and pate

I will be Ive been looking up Christmas mocktails on Pinterest and planning mulled juice? Not the same I know. Would love to hear other ideas though

Orange juice for you lady! Squeeeee how exciting though. Your last Christmas as a family of 3! X

I'll be about 25 weeks at Christmas. Thankfully don't like gooey cheese or pate but I will miss the wine/cider. I was pregnant with my son at Christmas too I bought appletizer to replace the cider lol it didn't really work but it was tasty anyway.

Hello, can I join you? I'll be around 34 weeks at Christmas. I already missed out celebrating my 21st birthday properly, as obviously I couldn't drink.. I don't mind though, I still had a nice time. :)

Drinking at Christmas doesn't bother me much either, as I've never really had more than a glass of wine with dinner, however I will miss out on the cheeseboard! :( X

DS is due dec 23rd!! Will i be preggers or not?!? Hahaha

I am hoping to still be pregnant on Christmas Day. Will be keeping my legs crossed! :haha:

Meeeee, I will hopefully be about twenty two weeks pregnant 😃 I am looking up mocktail recipies as I type lol.

I think as long as the cheese is pasteurised it is ok? I'm certain that was the guidance when I was pregnant. Cooked Camembert and Brie are fine and delicious! Lots of good non alcoholic ciders and I'm sure lots of mock tails you could enjoy with Micah.

Helloooo!

I've found some gorgeous sparkling drinks in m&s - they look alcoholic but aren't, have the champagne cork and everything. They come in all diff flavours but my fav is the sparkling grape. I put it in a wine glass :haha:.

Ooh I wasn't aware we were allowed stilton. This has made my day ! xx

One good thing about being heavily pregnant at christmas... Resting my plate on my belly :rofl:

I'll be 31 weeks and probably balancing my Christmas dinner on my belly :rofl:

Hi ladies, I don't know if any of you have tried the new winter spice hot ribena juice but it's just like mulled wine minus the alcohol x

I'll be off the booze due to BFing, but I should most likely have LO2 before Christmas (unless I go two weeks over!).

You can always make your own pate! Not liver pate ofc, but making your own mushroom or smoked fish pate could be a nice alternative.

And yeah, finding out you can eat Stilton made my soooo happy - I didn't know when I was pregnant with Joel. But I'm pretty sure if you melt any cheese hot enough, it should be okay. You could have a variety of mini cheese fondues! Stick some crusty bread on skewers instead of crackers :)

Does boiling the wine/cider not decrease the alcoholic strength when making mulled drinks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->