Pregnant-But BFN's

Dans Mummy

Reaction score
Ive taken soooooooo many tests recently-cheap ones, expensive ones, and all-well most have come back negative. Ive had one at the doc's 2 weeks ago and one at the clinic 3 days ago. Im having a blood test tuesday to test for hcg-im terrified of needles. Has anyone else been in my position where yoyr period is 20 days late and you feel pregnant but all the urine tests are negative and the only way you got a BFP is a blood test? Im in need of a hug, some hope and some encouragement too!

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I can do hugs, heaps of them coming your way, but no advice. I just don´t know what it could be, but I hope it works out well in the end.

Im having huge stress at the mo too , so of course when im sick i do think its just worry. Thanks for the hug.x

This tuesday...last time they tried to take blood i nearly left the room. My son you see who died had blood taken one time and they spilt it on the bed-or rather a stupid nurse did....and they had to take it all over again and it broke my heart-and so i hate needles. Its a reaction more than a thought really. And of couse...good luck to you too. x for your BFP

i'm really late, on CD93, all neg urine tests, both at home and at docs. going to doc on monday and demanding an ultrasound. i've gained about 10 in the last few months, i look pregnant and my nips and dark. i've had 5 kids so i kinda know what i am supposed to look and feel like. now that i think about it, with my 4th baby, i was never showing a really dark hpt, only a faint BFP. so.................i read somewhere, that after so many weeks, what would have been a BFP, reads as a BFN because it is too late to test. also, there is such a thing as the "hook effect", where if a woman is nearing her reproductive cycle, HPT's can't be read effectively either. hope that helps. go with your body's instinct. hope your doc appt goes well. i will post what I find out on monday. :winkwink:

oh forgot to add, now my lastest symptom in the last few days, is feeling "fluttering" as if I was about 14 weeks. go figure! if they don't do an ultrasound, i'm about to go off on them!

Can you tell me a little more about this Hook Effect? By nearing the reproductive cycle do you mean menopause? Thanks!

Dans Mommy, Couldn t just read and run. Just a big hug to you.

Little Sara , same goes out to you.

My SIL didnt get positive blood test until she was 4MONTHS!!!!

Can you tell me a little more about this Hook Effect? By nearing the reproductive cycle do you mean menopause? Thanks!

Good morning TicToc, after reading about hook effect on here I had to google it. Omg very interesting, women's bodies are so incredible. There's tons of info available. Basically from what I understand and please ladies correct me if I misunderstood, hcg levels are so high it doesn't register in urine or blood work unless diluted and/ or hcg hormone is slightly different ( kind of like using a opk do do a preg test). Usually happens in younger women and women that are closer to menopause. I read one of the medical journals and it was about a 27 year old women who was quite ill, and jaundice from bring so sick. Test all came back neg, doc did an US and turned out that she was 16 weeks with twins. Incredible.
Stats says it happens in 1 in every 2000.
Who knew??

I just want tuesday to come fast...and i'm sort of thinking if its a bfn...i'll give up on the baby thing-im terrified as you can probably tell, ive also just given Chris a horrible text.

that hook effect is something else! come to think of it............all the while, all the HPT's were negative, but strangly enough, all the OPK's no digital just regular, were always coming up positive, so I thought that was strange to be ovulating every week! so i gave up on OPK's because they didn't seem to be working. well, will post any news when i come back from my appt tomorrow.

I hate needles too and always ask the person taking the blood or whoever is with me to make general chit chat, so I'm usually answering a question whilst they are drawing blood. The distraction definitely helps - it's a mind over matter thing for sure. Good luck.

that hook effect is something else! come to think of it............all the while, all the HPT's were negative, but strangly enough, all the OPK's no digital just regular, were always coming up positive, so I thought that was strange to be ovulating every week! so i gave up on OPK's because they didn't seem to be working. well, will post any news when i come back from my appt tomorrow.

Good luck.

I have heard of women who never got a positive urine test and were pregnant but I think its pretty rare to be pregnant and have no HCG cross into the urine.
Good luck on your blood test.

I had the test done a couple of hours ago-im such a big kid!! I now have a blob of cotton wool on the needle prick and i have to wait 2/3 days for my results. I had to ask if the test would come back as a negative or a positive-and she said a positive(or the dreaded other)...i guess i thought it would be a group of numbers which didnt mean much to me, but im glad she said that.

I had the test done a couple of hours ago-im such a big kid!! I now have a blob of cotton wool on the needle prick and i have to wait 2/3 days for my results. I had to ask if the test would come back as a negative or a positive-and she said a positive(or the dreaded other)...i guess i thought it would be a group of numbers which didnt mean much to me, but im glad she said that.

Waiting for results is so hard! FX'd for you! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"