.::Pregnant ladies who are high risk and due in 2016/17! [ 13 BABIES ]::.

Ladies, how are you and the babies doing?

Ava is finally home from the NICU for anyone that didn't know :cloud9:.

Sorry I haven't been on in such a long time x

Congratulations on ur little girl kiwi. So pleased to see she come home too xx

Sorry I haven't been on in such a long time x

Congratulations on ur little girl kiwi. So pleased to see she come home too xx
How are you getting on ? Xx

Great news kiwi! Hope she's settling in well at home x

Jkel, everything is going very smoothly at the moment!! On fortnightly growth scans and hopefully getting induction date this week. 4 weeks to go. She was measuring at almost 6lb at 32+4 week scan lol

How r u? X

Jox fedup my waters started leaking
At 26 weeks they told me they'd deliver at 34 my last scan Thursday my levels aren't too low so going to scan at 37 and a section date at 38 if I've not had her. Just frustrated while I know she's best off where she is I want her here safe where I can see she's ok. Such a awful pregnancy and although the ends in sight it don't feel like it x

Kiwi - so glad your baby girl is home! I know you had a hard time at the end of the pregnancy and hope you're getting on well at home.

jox - only 4 weeks, yay! You'll have a nice big healthy baby (that will hopefully sleep through the night sooner because she has weight on her side!)

jkel - with your last post you literally hit the nail on the head for me and how I'm also feeling. I found out at my 34 week appointment that my baby boy (Twin B) has slowed down in growth a lot. He is still a good weight (estimated that day to be 4lbs11oz) but he did drop down in percentile by quite a bit. From the 54th percentile to the 19th. So they're concerned and we're now doing 2 NSTs weekly and 1 weekly fluid check (by sonogram). We found out on Tuesday and I was absolutely freaked out, still am to be honest but learned to cope with the news better. I know the best place for him is inside until at LEAST 37 weeks but at the same time I really want to see him and be able to help him from the outside. There's only so much we can do for him while he's in there but we have some much great technology to be able to help from the outside. The plan is to induce (right now by way of c-section, but if he decides to turn head down we may be able to do vaginal birth) on October 4th at 6pm. I'll be 37 weeks 2 days pregnant and at that point the doctors don't think they will need any if much NICU time which ... I'm happy about but freaked out how making it that far. The day we go in for a NST or fluid check and things are looking lower than they were before is the day they take them out ... they said they won't mess around when it comes to getting him out if it turns out that he is struggling and drops in percentile again.

Oh and just for a quick update on my baby girl (twin A). She is doing great. Everything looks phenomenal with her. She is estimated to weight (at 34 weeks) 6lbs exactly, and she actually went up in percentile so ... they're really not concerned with her at all. We will still be keeping an eye on her but baby B is sort of the cause for concern right now.

I hope everyone else is having an uneventful pregnancy!

Hi ladies. I haven't been on here in a while, I was still in first trimester and wasn't really facing the high risk part yet. I'm finally there, and starting to get anxious. I went in for my first high risk consult and they decided that they do not want to give me a preventative cervical stitch. Basically they said that because my loss was twins that the mechanism for why my cervix effaced is different to that of a singleton pregnancy. So they want to do progesterone shots and weekly cervical monitoring starting at week 16. They will give me a stitch if my cervix drops below 2.5. This is not the approach that I was expecting and so I was in complete shock this last week. I'm finally starting to come to terms with it and get my head around the next several weeks. I will start my weekly monitoring/shots in 3 weeks.

Baby looks great so far though. Had my NT scan and 13 weeks and no issues with baby in that aspect.

Jkel, :hugs: :hugs:

Ash, so sorry Baby B is having some growth issues :hugs: I hope he picks up and starts packing on the baby chub!

klabro, that sounds like my treatment plan. The progesterone shots really help hun. I made it to 34 weeks this time and that's a big step from 27.

Ava and Riya are both doing great :cloud9: <3.

I am so relieved to hear this, thank you for sharing. I'm just trying to have faith in my doctors, but at the same time I'm so nervous and anxious. I feel like I'll calm down a little once the monitoring starts and I'm not just sitting and waiting.

Jox, hey hun! Glad to hear your little lady is doing well <3.

I am so relieved to hear this, thank you for sharing. I'm just trying to have faith in my doctors, but at the same time I'm so nervous and anxious. I feel like I'll calm down a little once the monitoring starts and I'm not just sitting and waiting.

I felt the same way hun at the start of my pregnancy with Ava. It all worked out though and they took good care of me in the end.

Kiwiberry do you mind me asking about your first pregnancy? Did you have contractions that put you into labor, or did your water just break? I never had any contractions (at least that I could feel). They are just reluctant to call it incompetent cervix, because it was twins. Basically they have just acknowledged that "its not normal for your cervix to completely efface at 20 weeks regardless of twins or not". I was worried something was wrong in my pregnancy so I asked for them to check my cervix at the appointment where they discovered it was effaced. I was just there for a follow up scan to get some measurements on baby they had missed. So I easily could have went home and had my water break and they never would have known my cervix was effaced at all.

With my first I had contractions for three days that put me into premature labor. My waters broke when i was 10cm and ready to push. With my second my waters ruptured and I was induced at 34 weeks to lower the risk of my baby getting an infection.

I hope they monitor your cervix just in case. Did they say they would?

Yes, I'm getting progesterone shots staring at 16 weeks with weekly cervical monitoring. They said I'll get a stitch if my length goes between 3-2.5.

Jessica arrived 13th October 5lb 11oz
Doing great I've been getting over a mini stroke but doing well

Yes, I'm getting progesterone shots staring at 16 weeks with weekly cervical monitoring. They said I'll get a stitch if my length goes between 3-2.5.

How are you doing hun?

Jkelmum, Jessica is beautiful <3.

How are the rest of you lovely ladies doing?

Very quiet in here hope your all keeping well

Hey hun I'm doing well and so are my girls. If anyone's wondering I deactivated my Facebook. In case any of you notice thought it might be related to you it's not. It has to do with me and people in my past.

How are you Jkel?

How are you lovelies doing? I know it's been awhile since we chatted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->