Pregnant Man??

I don't see what the big deal is...why does everyone have a fit when a loving couple WANTS to have a baby. That baby will be loved and cared for by loving parents. While people all over the place are getting pregnant on accident or whatever and don't want the kids. Why doesn't anyone say anything about that?

I have a problem with those people especially ones who don't take care of the kids it's awfull, but thats not what we are talking about here.

Non of us know what sort of couple these people are in fact anyone that would allow the press to get into their personal life the way this couple has is strange in my eyes, they did it to try and change people views and be accepted so they are obviously insecure in their selves anyway. They asked for the attention and they defanatly got it, it just wasn't the sort of attention they were expecting so as far as in concerned they deserve everything they get. They made their life public to get money which they got paid thousands for, what kind of decent parent would make their children's life's so public?

Ok, Amy, if you want to go along those lines, what about Jon and Kate Plus 8? The Duggars? Both families have made their lives public.

Ok, Amy, if you want to go along those lines, what about Jon and Kate Plus 8? The Duggars? Both families have made their lives public.

Well I don't know who the duggars are but Jon and Kate plus 8 is a completely different thing they are not asking for any sort of acceptance or anything they are showing people how they cope with that many children, my point is if you make your life public you have to deal with people's opinions.

Well I don't know who the duggars are but Jon and Kate plus 8 is a completely different thing they are not asking for any sort of acceptance or anything they are showing people how they cope with that many children, my point is if you make your life public you have to deal with people's opinions.

What do you mean Jon and Kate plus 8 are "not asking for any sort of acceptance"? Do you mean that they're heterosexual so they don't need your approval to have children?

Have you seen how she treats him? It's absolutely vile! I'm glad they are divorced, but all those children are subjected to the publicity. At least the transsexual couple are not starring in a TV show!

Have you seen how she treats him? It's absolutely vile! I'm glad they are divorced, but all those children are subjected to the publicity. At least the transsexual couple are not starring in a TV show!

No I can't say I have I don't actually watch tv all that much! The children are all subject to publicity but it's a completely different situation.

What do you mean Jon and Kate plus 8 are "not asking for any sort of acceptance"? Do you mean that they're heterosexual so they don't need your approval to have children?

Ok so you don't agree with my opinion either whats your point, I don't agree with the he she creepy pregnant man I'm not going to change my views. I'm not the only person in the world who disagrees with it all I'm entitled to my opinion, if you don't like it then that's your problem I don't really care.

I don't see what the big deal is...why does everyone have a fit when a loving couple WANTS to have a baby. That baby will be loved and cared for by loving parents. While people all over the place are getting pregnant on accident or whatever and don't want the kids. Why doesn't anyone say anything about that?

I have a problem with those people especially ones who don't take care of the kids it's awfull, but thats not what we are talking about here.

Non of us know what sort of couple these people are in fact anyone that would allow the press to get into their personal life the way this couple has is strange in my eyes, they did it to try and change people views and be accepted so they are obviously insecure in their selves anyway. They asked for the attention and they defanatly got it, it just wasn't the sort of attention they were expecting so as far as in concerned they deserve everything they get. They made their life public to get money which they got paid thousands for, what kind of decent parent would make their children's life's so public?

How do you know WHY they did it? Just like I have no idea what kind of couple they are, neither do you. You are just speculating, just like I was. I really don't like talking about anyone as "strange" or "normal". There is no "normal". Normal is different for everyone. My normal is not your normal.

For all your talk about others being judgmental, I think you are dishing out quite a bit of judgment. I respect your opinion, as I hope you respect mine.

I dont see the problem :shrug:

If your partner needed a kidney and you have 2 would you offer one up? I would.
Just the same as in this couple, the woman couldnt have the baby but the male could so he did. He is also registered as male, so he is male regardless of his 'bits', legally.
Mentally he is a man so this must of been a huge thing for him to actually do.

I kind of think good for him. He loved his wife and wanted children enough to use his still present female parts to have a baby for them when she couldn't do it. And then he did it again for their second baby (and 3rd!). Not all husbands would do that (even if all of them could).

Good on them.
As far as I am concerned, he gets to have the last word on his gender, not prejudiced, intolerant people who feel entitled to call this man's life choices creepy, rank, and weird, then hide behind the "freedom of expression" argument (don't you love it when that gets extended to protect people's right to bash lifestyles they aren't comfortable with?) instead of making any reasoned and respectful argument why they disagree with it.
And I think that sharing their story is a very brave thing for this couple to do. Just look at this thread. Can you imagine having your neighbours, work colleagues, etc treating you with the kind of fundamental disrespect that we've heard here? Wouldn't you try to share your story to promote awareness, understanding, and acceptance of your situation if you lived with this level of intolerance? I hope that I would. I think it would be very scary and risky to expose myself and my family to that sort of hatred. It would take a lot of courage to try to change people's attitude. Far more risk than benefit from some paltry media payout.
I wish them all the best.

Some people just can't accept things like that, in my eyes its strange. There is no way in hell I would allow my husband to carry and give birth to my child. And if the he/she is legally a man then he is classes as the husband therefore should not be able to give birth to a child. The whole thing is wierd that is my opinion.

Sarahkka - I agree 100%!

Amy - :dohh: If you have nothing nice to say, try keeping it to yourself! A wonderful philosophy that my mother taught me :thumbup:

Good on them.
As far as I am concerned, he gets to have the last word on his gender, not prejudiced, intolerant people who feel entitled to call this man's life choices creepy, rank, and weird, then hide behind the "freedom of expression" argument (don't you love it when that gets extended to protect people's right to bash lifestyles they aren't comfortable with?) instead of making any reasoned and respectful argument why they disagree with it.
And I think that sharing their story is a very brave thing for this couple to do. Just look at this thread. Can you imagine having your neighbours, work colleagues, etc treating you with the kind of fundamental disrespect that we've heard here? Wouldn't you try to share your story to promote awareness, understanding, and acceptance of your situation if you lived with this level of intolerance? I hope that I would. I think it would be very scary and risky to expose myself and my family to that sort of hatred. It would take a lot of courage to try to change people's attitude. Far more risk than benefit from some paltry media payout.
I wish them all the best.

This was very nice. :flower: I agree that it's very bizarre that the argument is being made that they "shouldn't" be "allowed" to do it, that it's "creepy and weird", etc- and then that's followed up with "but that's just my opinion, you have to respect my opinion!!!!!" Why should I respect anything you have to say when you are incapable of respecting other's choices, and mock them and degrade them?

I'm happy that this thread has lots of wonderful people supporting a couple on their quest for a child. Sometimes I read the negative posts and get so frustrated with how bigoted and stupid the world can be- and it really, REALLY gets me down. So it's nice to focus on the positives, like how many people in this thread are encouraging and loving and good people!

Sarahkka - I agree 100%!

Amy - :dohh: If you have nothing nice to say, try keeping it to yourself! A wonderful philosophy that my mother taught me :thumbup:

If you don't like what I say then don't read it, I have a lot of nice things to say just not about this topic I don't agree with a pregnant man, if you don't like my opinion then that's fine but don't tell me not to post on a topic just because you think it's pink and fluffy and everyone should have the same opinion as you!

Amy I think the point is we understand that you find this not normal and strange and you have said so on several occasions. Maybe what she means is we know your thoughts and it might be time to move on to a different thread? :flower: I hope that came off in a non-offensive way.

Amy I think the point is we understand that you find this not normal and strange and you have said so on several occasions. Maybe what she means is we know your thoughts and it might be time to move on to a different thread? :flower: I hope that came off in a non-offensive way.

I have a lot of difficulty being as nice as you, especially when the person I'm posting it to doesn't pay the courtesy either! :haha: That's exactly what I meant, thankyou :kiss:

I have a lot of difficulty being as nice as you, especially when the person I'm posting it to doesn't pay the courtesy either! :haha: That's exactly what I meant, thankyou :kiss:

Who the hell do you think you are to tell me to leave the thread, why don't you stop reading it if it is bothering you that much, in the real world people have opinions,I understand that some of my posts have come across as a bit harsh and that I am unable to accept diversity. Well that is completely un true my argument Is that this person chose to be a man and was uncomfortable in the skin of a women but if this is the case why would he want to experience child birth something that only a women can go through, I'm not saying that they do not love the child I have no doubt about that. But making the decision to be a pregnant man and publicising the whole thing will make there children very confused when they get older I don't know how a child would be able to understand that there dad gave birth to him.

Who the hell do you think you are to tell me to leave the thread, why don't you stop reading it if it is bothering you that much, in the real world people have opinions,I understand that some of my posts have come across as a bit harsh and that I am unable to accept diversity. Well that is completely un true my argument Is that this person chose to be a man and was uncomfortable in the skin of a women but if this is the case why would he want to experience child birth something that only a women can go through, I'm not saying that they do not love the child I have no doubt about that. But making the decision to be a pregnant man and publicising the whole thing will make there children very confused when they get older I don't know how a child would be able to understand that there dad gave birth to him.

Their children will grow up to not be judgemental and narrow minded.

I dont think they will be confused at all, they explain everyday that daddy gave birth to them and read them that story about male sea horses.
And as time goes on im sure they will tell them a more detailed story about it all.
Why shouldnt they make it public? they are proud, and good on them!

Who the hell are you to bash someone elses way of life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->