Pregnant Man??

Because she refers to herself as a man but a man cannot give birth to a baby that is a woman's job I am just saying that she needs to make her mind up.

i just dont see whats wrong with him/her wanting to give birth to his/her OWN baby - transgender, male, female or not.

I agree.

Becoming a parent is one of the most precious gifts that a couple can share. The miracle of conceiving and being pregnant with a child is just amazing. Everyone has the right to experiencing this I think. Even though this couple are not 'conventional', I do believe that they make good parents and have understood what it entails.

The only thing that I do disagree with is the publicity, even though they have 'sworn down' that it's not for income generation.

Fine- But "he" isn't a pregnant man, but a pregnant woman. really I don't think its all that amazing etc. Just a woman who got pregnant. Obviously she still has a vagina and uterus so she is still a woman. To each person their own. I don't judge on what they decide to do, just saying she cant really be called a pregnant man.
I do wonder why the other woman didnt just get pregnant? I would think if they were trying to play Mom and Dad roles, then they would have had the "Mom" get pregnant?

Fine- But "he" isn't a pregnant man, but a pregnant woman. really I don't think its all that amazing etc. Just a woman who got pregnant. Obviously she still has a vagina and uterus so she is still a woman. To each person their own. I don't judge on what they decide to do, just saying she cant really be called a pregnant man.
I do wonder why the other woman didnt just get pregnant? I would think if they were trying to play Mom and Dad roles, then they would have had the "Mom" get pregnant?

Don't know why, but she cannot have kids. Guess she may have had her tubes tied?!:shrug:

Thomas Beatie, another transgender man, has borne three children. He chose to become pregnant because his wife Nancy was infertile, doing so with cryogenic donated sperm and a syringe, at home. He wrote an article about the experience in The Advocate.[11] The Washington Post further broadened the story on March 25 when blogger Emil Steiner called Beatie the first "legally" pregnant man on record,[14] in reference to certain states' and federal legal recognition of Beatie as a man.[10][11] Beatie gave birth to a girl named Susan Juliette Beatie on June 29, 2008.[15][16] Barbara Walters announced Beatie's second pregnancy on The View,[17] and Beatie gave birth to a boy named Austin Alexander Beatie on June 9, 2009.[18] In Beatie's third pregnancy, a boy named Jensen James Beatie was born on July 25, 2010.[19]

Scott Moore, a transgender man, gave birth to a child on March 9, 2010.[20]

From Wikipedia

Thats just weird & a lil creepy tbh

People would probably say the same thing about some aspects of your life, whatever it may be. Don't be so judgemental.

I have reported you to BNB you are not allowing people to express their opinions. Some ladies agree some ladies don't it's not up to you to judge people opinions! I think the only judgemental person on this thread is you.

Don't know why, but she cannot have kids. Guess she may have had her tubes tied?!:shrug:

I see. I am glad she did the hormone thing to be able to BF- I would do that if I ever adopted

Thats just weird & a lil creepy tbh

People would probably say the same thing about some aspects of your life, whatever it may be. Don't be so judgemental.

I have reported you to BNB you are not allowing people to express their opinions. Some ladies agree some ladies don't it's not up to you to judge people opinions! I think the only judgemental person on this thread is you.

:thumbup: Okie doke!

ETA: Judgemental is calling people "rank" and "cruel". Pot, kettle, black? :)

I thought that my thread was closed and have realised that it has been moved to 'debates'.

looooool!

Bird, you are being a bit harsh. This is an open forum with people allowed to freely express their opinions. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to persecute the people that do! If someone thinks it's weird, then they do! Part of being tolerant is to accept that people have other opinions, even if we don't agree with them.

Bird, you are being a bit harsh. This is an open forum with people allowed to freely express their opinions. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to persecute the people that do! If someone thinks it's weird, then they do! Part of being tolerant is to accept that people have other opinions, even if we don't agree with them.

Maybe, I don't feel like I'm persecuting though! I'm disagreeing and pointing out why. Whose to say that people who are calling him rank are totally normal? There's no such thing as normal, and some people probably have less than stellar things to say about them too. I know a lot of people disagree with me and my choices, lots of people probably thing i'm wierd too! That doesn't mean that they have the right to decide someone elses gender for them, call them rank or be an enormous hippocrite and say that I'm the only judgemental one. I'm not the one calling people rank or cruel!

I don't feel like I'm persecuting, just persistently disagreeing & picking up on the hippocracy and ignorance :shrug:

They aren't deciding this person's gender. That's for the medical and legal community to decide. They are merely offering up their opinions, just as you are. Every time someone comes up with an opinion you don't like, you've called them judgmental. Perhaps if you have nothing nice to say or disagree with their opinions, it would be best just to keep it to yourself. I'm sure they know that people are bound to disagree. :flower:

They aren't deciding this person's gender. That's for the medical and legal community to decide. They are merely offering up their opinions, just as you are. Every time someone comes up with an opinion you don't like, you've called them judgmental. Perhaps if you have nothing nice to say or disagree with their opinions, it would be best just to keep it to yourself. I'm sure they know that people are bound to disagree. :flower:

Fair enough. It just makes me fume at the level of ignorance and intolerance that some people have! The only thing I'm intolerant of is ignorance and unfair judgement of a person or their decisions, especially when a person is not read up on the facts (how can you ever form an opinion on something when you don't know about it?)! :flow:

Fair enough. It just makes me fume at the level of ignorance and intolerance that some people have! The only thing I'm intolerant of is ignorance and unfair judgement of a person or their decisions, especially when a person is not read up on the facts (how can you ever form an opinion on something when you don't know about it?)! :flow:

I understand feeling like that, but I have to accept that others feel differently than I do. That's what free speech is all about. I always research things I am unsure of. That's why I went on wikipedia to get some basic facts (not the best source, but hey ho).

I understand feeling like that, but I have to accept that others feel differently than I do. That's what free speech is all about. I always research things I am unsure of. That's why I went on wikipedia to get some basic facts (not the best source, but hey ho).

Better that than nothing really, I've often found wikipedia to be alright but whenever I use it for things like coursework or using at college, I always crosscheck any fact i'm going to use :)

I don't think it's "weird" as such. It is strange to imagine a pregnant man but he is NOT a man. He is transgender, he still has female reproductive organs which technically makes him a woman that just so happens to look and sounds like a man :shrug:

I don't see what the big deal is...why does everyone have a fit when a loving couple WANTS to have a baby. That baby will be loved and cared for by loving parents. While people all over the place are getting pregnant on accident or whatever and don't want the kids. Why doesn't anyone say anything about that?

to be honest i think there has been a bit of 'judgemental' going on with both sides, but in different ways. this is one of those subjects though where its hard to give an opinion sometimes without sounding judgemental. especially if you dont agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->