Pregnant - Now Looking for Buddy due on 21st May

Cool, I wanted to start buying things in the 14th or 16th week... :)

I think anytime is fine, superstitions are rubbish!! We just wanted to wait until we knew what we were having

Because I am all new to this what kind of things are necessary to buy?

Do you need a cot AND a moses basket? Or what way do you do it?

You don't really need both, you can put baby straight into a cot. We just preferred using a moses basket first because it seemed more snug for her rather than a big cot. I would say a baby seat/bouncer was one of our most essential items, ours vibrated and she loved napping in it during the day. The baby bath was a total waste of time, it's so heavy to lift when full, we only used it once and then just used a baby bath support in the big bath. The bath support was fantastic too, it means you have both hands free to wash baby.

Yeah because I don't think I would put a newborn baby into its on room so he/she should stay in our room for the first few weeks at least and there is not much space for a cot... so I will have to think about a moses basket or have to come up with some other solution.

I will definitely buy a baby seat. Love them. I am going to get one which moves.

I was looking at the baby bath but thought a baby support might be easier to put in the bath and do it that way.

Some pram travel systems come with a detatchable cot part to it, my friend has this one:

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-ultima-9-in-1-mpx-chassis-city-scape/259948800/type-i/

It comes with stand for the cot so it can be used at night time too, I am sure there are other similar prams like this too.

Shopping for baby stuff is brilliant, I loved it

Thanks, the link brought me to the main page though but I think I know which one you mean. I probably go with either McClaren or Mamas Papas. They seem to be the best around and everyone is buying them.

I know for a fact that I will buy too much stuff for the baby. lol

I have a mamas and papas and I really like it. I'll need to look for a double now, preferably one that can be a single as well as a double, looking at the babyjogger one just now, suppose i'll need to go and test drive them first before deciding

I know me, I will be in the next baby shop in 2 months time. lol

I had a bit of an internet shopping problem, even the delivery driver was commenting about how many times he was at the house delivering parcels and boxes :blush:

Haha :)

Well lucky enough we have a big mothercare shop where I live so I don't need to buy things online... :)

If I had one of them near me I would be there all the time :haha:

Haha :) Is Mothercare normal prices or is it quite expensive in there?

Their prices are quite good, they do a lot of their own brand things like prams etc so they are cheaper. It's handy to have everything you need in one place.

Cool, I must have a look soon. :D
How are you today anyways? Any symptoms?

You will be finding any excuse to go all the time :haha:
Feeling pretty crap today, was feeling great this morning but this afternoon been really crampy and feeling sick. How are you feeling? Did another CB digital yesterday and it was 2-3 compared to last Fridays which was 1-2, so was delighted with that. Will probably phone the maternty unit next week I think. Hope you are having a nice holiday x

I am feeling grand. I don't feel any different from any other day to be honest. lol
Like 2 days after I found out I was pregnant I had cramping and bloating but that is all gone now. Thank god. I have one pregnancy test left in my press but I don't think I have to use it as mine only says Pregnant or Not pregnant and not like yours 1-2 or 2-3? What is difference between those 2 anyways?

I'm glad you are feeling good, hope it lasts!

The ones I used can tell you how many weeks you are since conception, so last week it said 1-2 and this week 2-3, so at least I know that my HCG is rising, the most it goes up to is 3+ but I don't have any left and not going to buy any more. I think if I didn't have the spare one I wouldnt have even done another one this week.

Just can't wait for these first weeks to pass!!

I don't wanna be fat. lol I'd say it is going to be a nightmare to buy maternity cloth wouldn't it? Most of them are ugly looking. lol

You won't be fat, you will have a lovely baby bump!! The weight comes off quickly after birth too :thumbup: You do actually get some nice maternity clothes now, mothercare do them so do most of the high street shops like topshop etc. I had maternity jeans that you would never have known were maternity jeans unless you saw the elastic waistband!! I lived in them they were soooo comfy. With some tops you can just get away with buying a bigger size than you normally are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->