Pregnant? Over 40....please join us :-)

Hi guys...I'm sad to say I don't have great news. I was told I could be ready to miscarry or it's too early. They only could see an empty sac. Just don't know how to feel right now.

Oh no tag....so sorry! Are they getting you back to repeat the scan in a week or two? Fingers crossed you might just be earlier than you think x x

:hugs: I am so sorry tag. Everything crossed it's just too early yet.

Hi ladies, hoping I can join your group (I'm 41 and 11 weeks with what will hopefully be my second).

I really hope it is just too early tag74. Do you have a follow up scan/appointment?

Tag so sorry to hear this. I remember seeing you on some of the threads. Hope you are taking it easy for the time being.

Hi ladies, hoping I can join your group (I'm 41 and 11 weeks with what will hopefully be my second).

I really hope it is just too early tag74. Do you have a follow up scan/appointment?

Welcome Shanoa...not as many over 40s mums as I was expecting :haha: unless they are all a bit shy. Hope you're feeling ok x

Thanks everyone, things are still sinking in. It's honestly a flip of the coin but I'm not having a good feeling about this...

I did get blood work. In one week it went from 1400 to 4100. Doesn't seem to be a good rise.

They wanted to do a scan on Monday but I asked it be pushed out until next Thursday as I think that scan will be very telling and will paint a clear picture. Hoping it's a stubborn little bean...but not feeling optimistic. Thanks for your thoughts.

Sorry about your scan your scan tag..hopefully your just not as far along as you thought.. i pray its better news next thursday x

Well ladies im 41 and had a very unexpected bfp 3 weeks ago, major shock to say the least.. ive no symptoms except sore boobs and feel physically great although mentally the lack of symptoms is starting to worry me lol.. never happy eh?
I also cant help freaking out about my ahem maturity, about the higher incidence of everything thats bad ie:- miscarriage still birth genetic defects etc .. aww nightmare.. i thought i was ready to be a granny and relax .. not having another baby, i also read woman over 40 are 3 times more likely to have twins eeeeek .. im so glad i found this group :)

Sorry about your scan your scan tag..hopefully your just not as far along as you thought.. i pray its better news next thursday x

Well ladies im 41 and had a very unexpected bfp 3 weeks ago, major shock to say the least.. ive no symptoms except sore boobs and feel physically great although mentally the lack of symptoms is starting to worry me lol.. never happy eh?
I also cant help freaking out about my ahem maturity, about the higher incidence of everything thats bad ie:- miscarriage still birth genetic defects etc .. aww nightmare.. i thought i wasw ready to be a granny and relax .. not having another baby, i also read woman over 40 are 3 times more likely to have twins eeeeek .. im so glad i found this group :)

Welcome carry!!! No mention of twins here please:haha: joking but it's a big worry for me. Even with my scan last week only picking up one bean and HB I am convinced a second one will jump out at 12 weeks scan. Sure I am worrying about nothing.

How old are your other kids?

Hi all. Tag - keeping fingers crossed your scan shows a heartbeat x

Def just 1 baby here! Twins are more common in over 40s but still pretty rare. I wouldn't worry too much (and ultimately what will be will be!)

I'm shrugging my shoulders a bit about the higher risks to be honest. I've been told there are various higher risk things but nobody seems to say how much higher the risks are so its all a bit meaningless. Baby is coming out one way or another so I'm not going to stress about the higher risks - I'll weigh up what is the lowest risk and best for me and will go with that. I'm trying to eat pretty well, I'm fairly active on a day to day and I'm doing as I'm told medication wise. Aside from that I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping all is well - there's not much else I can do! This will be my last pg so I'm trying not to ruin it by worrying. Easier said than done!!

I'm trying not to stress too much.....I feel pretty good the last couple of days, still a bit nauseous, sore boobs etc

I think I am going for the NIPT test....similar to harmony. I don't want my age to inaccurately sway my nt/bloods and want a true test done. Have to pay private but I want piece of mind so think it's worth it x

I'm considering a more definitive test too, Mitchnorm. I will wait to see what my NT scan and bloods come back with and then decide.

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow. I'm trying to be calm about it but I am nervous.

All the best for your scan tomorrow too Tag74. We will be thinking of you. x

I'm considering a more definitive test too, Mitchnorm. I will wait to see what my NT scan and bloods come back with and then decide.

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow. I'm trying to be calm about it but I am nervous.

All the best for your scan tomorrow too Tag74. We will be thinking of you. x

Thinking of just going for it after 10 weeks tbh as the results take 10-14 days to come thhroigh....if I wait til after nt/bloods then it could be near 16 weeks to get definitive answer.

Good luck tomorrow tag x x

Thanks guys! I'm not holding out too much hope. My numbers went up only 1500 in 4 days. I know I'm grasping at straws but...

If I only had my numbers drawn at 12 dpo and today (5600), with no gauge in between, my numbers doubled every 72 hours. I know I'm grasping...I mean why aren't they going up more the past two weeks...but I don't know. Rambling out loud...

Thanks guys! I'm not holding out too much hope. My numbers went up only 1500 in 4 days. I know I'm grasping at straws but...

If I only had my numbers drawn at 12 dpo and today (5600), with no gauge in between, my numbers doubled every 72 hours. I know I'm grasping...I mean why aren't they going up more the past two weeks...but I don't know. Rambling out loud...

Keeping everything crossed for you x x x

Tag74 keeping everything crossed for you. They don't draw hcg here so I'm not too familiar, but I know every pregnancy is different and in my time on BnB I've seen stories where ladies have had slower doubling time and ended up with healthy twins.

Good luck for today xx

AFM I swithered over having the harmony test done but decided not to in the end purely because if the cost. It would have meant losing 2 to 3 weeks of mat leave for me so for now I'm just holding out hope all is well. I opted out of the nhs test (although they do still check for fluid on the neck at the dating scan regardless which I found reasuring).

Have been trying to research the increased risk of still birth but there is very little info out there. Statistically yes a much increased risk but still very low and no research (that I can find) on probable cause. This makes it very hard to make a decision on early induction. Pretty sure I'm going to decline if I continue with a healthy pregnancy.

Any news tag?

My other kids are wait for it... 22 in oct.. 19 in aug.. 15 in oct.. Then my little "late one" will be 4 in sept...i know, i know lol x

Hi guys! News wasn't good. My HCG is rising but slow and I'm 7 weeks, 4 days and measuring 5 weeks 5 days with an empty sac. They wanted to do a D&C tomorrow but I got them to reluctantly let me rescan on Monday with the procedure on Tuesday if it doesn't look good...which it doesn't. I am pretty devastated. I appreciate all your kind words...and once the dust settles I'll be TTC again. I'd like to remain for the ride with you guys until that happens.

Hi guys! News wasn't good. My HCG is rising but slow and I'm 7 weeks, 4 days and measuring 5 weeks 5 days with an empty sac. They wanted to do a D&C tomorrow but I got them to reluctantly let me rescan on Monday with the procedure on Tuesday if it doesn't look good...which it doesn't. I am pretty devastated. I appreciate all your kind words...and once the dust settles I'll be TTC again. I'd like to remain for the ride with you guys until that happens.

Awww Hun. I'm so sorry. I'll keep my fingers crossed they're wrong. I've been in the same boat and it's horrible. Thinking of you x

So sorry tag.....keeping everything crossed for you x

I'm so sorry, Tag. I really hope little bean is just a little camera shy. Sending you big hugs and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Mitchnorm I didn't realise it took so long to get the results. I just asummed things would be quicker.

My NT scan was 2.9mm which is on the high side but my DD was 2.8mm and is fine. I'm just waiting on bloods next week:-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->