Pregnant? Over 40....please join us :-)

Sorry to hear tag.. Hopefully your dates are just a little out x

They dont offer the nucheal (spelling?) test here im in northern ireland.. Well at least they didnt when i had my last child whose almost four.. Gah im a constant ball of worry, but ce sera sera and all that.. I dont have my first midwife appointment until the 15th and thats only for booking in :(

I'm so sorry, Tag. I really hope little bean is just a little camera shy. Sending you big hugs and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Mitchnorm I didn't realise it took so long to get the results. I just asummed things would be quicker.

My NT scan was 2.9mm which is on the high side but my DD was 2.8mm and is fine. I'm just waiting on bloods next week:-/

Some of the results come back a little quicker.....like 8 days . The bloods are sent to the US hence delay :-( Fingers crossed for your bloods shanoa x

I had both the NT scan and the verifi test (cell free DNA) and I was very happy with my decision. We decided not to find out the sex of the baby though!

I am so sorry to hear your news Tag, still keeping everything crossed for you :hugs:

My bloods didn't come back great. We are going for the Harmony test tomorrow. How is everyone else getting on?

Thanks everyone...my last second opinion is today at 2pm and D&C scheduled for the morning.

Shanoa, what does that mean? What did your blood work show?

Thanks everyone...my last second opinion is today at 2pm and D&C scheduled for the morning.

Shanoa, what does that mean? What did your blood work show?

I am hoping for the best for you, Tag.

First tri screening here takes age (41), NT measurement (2.9mm which is high) and bloods (hcg and Papp-A which were around 0.6 /0.7 MOM). All of that put together gave a 1:66 chance of downs. That's still only abot 2% chance but anything worse than 1:150 is classified as high risk. We didn't want even the tiny risk of miscarriage a CVS or amino test carries so we have opted for Harmony. We head up to London tomorrow in the middle of a tube strike (oh dear).

Praying for the best for you! :friends:

Afm,

So today confirmed I need the procedure tomorrow. But the tech was thorough, sympathetic and totally reassuring.

I go in at 8:30 tomorrow morning and will probably not be on for a couple days. Just wanted to thank you all for being such amazing friends and supporters. When I'm back on the horse I'll catch up with each of you.

Tag I am so sorry for your loss :hugs: but totally admire how you have handled this. Hope tomorrow is as quick and painless as possible xxx

Shanoa I wish you luck, London in the midst of a tube strike does not sound fun. Hope the harmony test comes back low risk :flower: Will you be finding out the sex too?

So sorry tag xx
Good luck with the harmony shanoa.. I in 66 is still really really low babes xx

Well ladies my wonderful gp managed to get me an early reassurance scan scan, its today at 2.45.. I cannot wait!! Just to see and know what actually going on in there will be such a relief .. Ill be surw to let you all know how i get on xx

Shanoa, the odds are in your favor. I'm sure little bean is fine and the harmony test will ease your worries.

Sorry to hear Tag. Wishing you strength during this difficult time.

Doing well. I had another scan since they couldn't see the spine well at 18 weeks. They told me that baby is measuring big (I'm not surprised because I'm so uncomfortable), but really amazed since my first two babies were so tiny at birth and under 6lbs. I'm anemic so they had me add iron. Blood pressure and sugar looked fine. For anyone interested, my blood pressure had been creeping up, but I added a fish oil supplement and blood pressure has been perfect ever since.

How's everyone else? Good luck at your ultrasound Carry!

Found it!

Hi I'm 42 and I'm pregnant with my third bub, I'm 32 weeks... Never ever thought I'd be pregnant at this age! This baby was very much a surprise!

Congratulations cissy and welcome.. Wow only 8 weeks left :)
Im only just over 8 weeks, feb seems likeca lifetime away lol.. Ill be 42 in Dec.. And this baby was a big shock too.. But wer very happy (now) haha x

Thank you carry and big congratulations to you.

I a bit concerned about the birth as because of my age,they want to start sweeps by 37 weeks! I'm not in favour of this,refused them with my first and my second but gave in as she was so late, 2 weeks and 2 days and the only reason she came then was after being monitored (which was most days) her heart beat dropped so gave into the pressure and had a Csection. I'm hoping to avoid the section this time but if this baby is late,I fear it's not going to be easy

I was told they preferred me not to go beyond my due date but as I'd had a previous section were reluctant to induce. If baby's naturally late then it'll have to be one or the other! I figure bubs will be coming out somehow and I'll worry about it nearer the time!

Hi all- am I ok to join? I am 39 now, but I'll be 40 by the time of my EDD.

It's still really early days for me, and everything is going well so far, but I'm still nervous since I had a mc at 5w6d in Dec and a CP at 4w2d in May. This will be our first- we've been trying for 2 years, but for the first 15 months I might as well have been WTT since I wasn't ovulating due to PCOS. Once I got on Clomid, I became very fertile! I just need one to stick now- I hope this is it!

Welcome fezzle :) and congratulations.. Its a worrying time for sure ladies .. I cant wait to get into 2nd tri .. But by then ill have probably found another million reasons to worry... I still cant believe im gonna have a baby at 42 😱.. I had an early scan last week at 7 + 1 and thank god all seemed to be well, i have zero symptoms apart.from tender bbs.. Im due on feb 20 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->