Pregnant? Over 40....please join us :-)

Congratulations Cissy and Fezzle :flower:

Hope this is your keeping baby Fezzle.

Are you having the sweeps cissy? They want to start sweeps with me at 39 weeks (but have booked me in for 38 weeks :wacko:) but I'm not keen. Yes there is an increased risk of still birth after 40 but so too are there risks with interventions and potentially bringing baby into the world before it's ready. For me it's about weighing up those risks and chosing the path you are most comfortable with. I think I'd be ok with a sweep at 40 weeks, but still not sure.

Annoys me though that as soon as you deviate from the suggested course it's assumed you are putting your birth experience over the wellbeing of your child. Simply not true and makes me a bit cross, so far it's the only aspect of pregnancy over 40 that I dislike.

I had the midwife yesterday and voiced my concerns to her.. She tutted and smiled and said not to be silly that im still only young (loool) she went on to say that at the moment theyve currently an 45 and a 46 year old expectant mother on their books... Guess i am young after all then haha x

Congratulations Cissy and Fezzle :flower:

Hope this is your keeping baby Fezzle.

Are you having the sweeps cissy? They want to start sweeps with me at 39 weeks (but have booked me in for 38 weeks :wacko:) but I'm not keen. Yes there is an increased risk of still birth after 40 but so too are there risks with interventions and potentially bringing baby into the world before it's ready. For me it's about weighing up those risks and chosing the path you are most comfortable with. I think I'd be ok with a sweep at 40 weeks, but still not sure.

Annoys me though that as soon as you deviate from the suggested course it's assumed you are putting your birth experience over the wellbeing of your child. Simply not true and makes me a bit cross, so far it's the only aspect of pregnancy over 40 that I dislike.

Thanks keebs

They want to start sweeps at 37 weeks! :growlmad: now of course the health of my baby comes first BUT every thing Iv read about sweeps are that they will only work if your ready anyway! I think they will prob still want to induce me and really us a long drawn out labour any good for baby and me?! I don't know I just don't trust totally what they say? I know all they obviously want is a live baby but I'm not sure I like how they go around it all.All my babies have been late...son 5days over.. daughter 2weeks 2days and wouldn't have come that day without intervention (my dates didn't tally with theirs) I have also read that the older you get,the later babies come,something to do with metabolism? I have really got to start researching again but so tired at evenings after putting my monkeys to bed :dohh:

Original poster here:thumbup: sorry I've been awol...keeping up with some groups on Facebook

Tag....so sorry
Shanoa..hoping for the best for you

Not good news here....had a bad feeling early hours yesterday morning....something not right....couldn't put my finger on it. Booked. A private scan yesterday afternoon....baby no heartbeat measuring 9 weeks and a couple of days so definately died in last 24 hours. Confirmed at hospital today...booked in for surgical procedure Monday. I can't possibly wait to pass naturally....confirmed on 2 external and 3 internal scans....4 different people. They wanted to be 100% as it was so recent

Sorry to leave you but good luck to you all x. Xx

So sorry, mitchnorm. Thanks for staring the thread. Best of luck with the procedure and the healing :hugs:

Stay strong and together ladies.....I have made some of my best friends for life through this site in the past. Maybe I'll return one day x x x

I'm so sorry for your loss mitchnorm x

I have been away for a bit too so only just catching up on this thread.

I am so sorry, Mitchnorm. Sending you massive hugs. This is so awful to have to go through:(

Take your time to heal and I really hope to see you back here soon. x

So sorry Mitchnorm. If I can be someone to lean on, I completely understand. Please be good to yourself! :friends:

We will try until the end of the year. My beta was 16 as of Tuesday so my 1st cycle after the miscarriage should be starting this week I imagine.

Praying it can happen this one last time. :)

Hi Carry,

All ok with me. My Harmony result came back 'failed test' so they offered to do it again for free or give me a refund. As they said it was only 50% likely I would get a result second time round we opted for the refund. The private scan put our risk at 1:855 so I can live with that.

I have my 16 week midwife appointment tomorrow morning which is when it all went wrong with my last pregnancy so I am a bit apprehensive but hopefully all is well.

How are you? Everyone else?

Wow, what does "failed test" mean? They couldn't get a good read?

Afm, I'm almost 3 weeks post MC and in the longest cycle of my life. I just wish Ovulation or AF would show so I know what's going on. I'm temping and nothing. Beta has been back to 0 for about a week now.

Hiya Tag,

They wouldn't comment about my test specifically. They said it could be an issue with a contaminated sample or maybe my blood cultures didn't do what they were supposed to do. It was all a bit vague to me:( They said it only happens in 5% of cases. Wow lucky us! *eyeroll*

I know what you mean about wanting to know what's happening with your cycle. It took AF 5.5 weeks to reappear after my mc. I didn't temp or anything so I had no idea when to expect her.

Hiya Tag,

They wouldn't comment about my test specifically. They said it could be an issue with a contaminated sample or maybe my blood cultures didn't do what they were supposed to do. It was all a bit vague to me:( They said it only happens in 5% of cases. Wow lucky us! *eyeroll*

I know what you mean about wanting to know what's happening with your cycle. It took AF 5.5 weeks to reappear after my mc. I didn't temp or anything so I had no idea when to expect her.

Gosh, that's annoying right? I would be that person where I'm in the 5% if it makes you feel better. :dohh:

Thanks for that info. It's a wonky cycle for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->