Pregnant & plus size... Anyone else out there??

Pregnant and plus size also weighing in at 219lbs about size. 16 US.

I am super concerned about my baby's health and my own through pregnancy, particularly of gestational diabetes.

On a different but related note - do you feel heavier and less attractive since becoming pregnant? I am 5 weeks and I feel very Unattractive and take it incredibly personally that hubby has zero interest in sex.

For the first few weeks i was incredibly bloated and my husband said my waist looked like it had expanded some...it seemed to calm down about week 8, so currently the only thing looking bloated is my chest (my tummy is a little poochy still, cannot button my jeans but the zipper keeps them up for now), and there is nothing i can do about that (of course, he approves)...i wouldnt take it personal that he doesnt seem interested...my husband is disapointed/frustrated that i cant keep awake long enough to initiate anything lately, and i feel like im letting him down, but when 9pm rolls around my body is like "DONE! we are done...shutting down now!" and im out cold :dohh:

Iv been in bed since 7.30 & my hubby doesn't get home from work til 11 so not alot going on in the bedroom department except sleeping lol
However since getting my bfp iv actually felt more attractive no idea why, maybe its these huge bazookas Hehe!

Hey! I'm Hannah! I weigh 216lbs.. I gained a lot with my first pregancy but never seemed to lose it :(

Im re joining my slimming world group tomorrow so wish me luck :)

Hi erised! I think I remember you from the pregnancy boards when I was having DD2 - cant believe you've squeezed in one and another on the way since then!!! Congratulations :) x

Quite likely... what can I say, I wanted my kids close in age ;)
Will see how I get on with 3 under the age of 5 (2 under 2!) first before I decide on the age gap between #3 & #4 though. Maaaaay have to give it a bit of a break :p

Erised- You had a cute bump! I hope mine looks like that! When do you think you STARTED to show with your 2 kids?

Ermm... with number 1 it was probably around 22 to 24 weeks.
With number 2 it was slightly earlier, probably around 18 weeks before it became quite obvious to those who didn't know me. That is showing to those who didn't know me ... to myself and those who knew I was pregnant I probably started showing around 16 weeks with both pregnancies (not including the pregnancy bloat at the start of pregnancy).

As for weight gain, I noticed some people worry, try not to let it get to you. In my first half of pregnancy, both times around, I didn't gain a thing. In the second half of pregnancy I gained roughly 20 kilos (44 lbs) each time, waaaay above the 'recommended' for a plus sized lady. When it comes down to it though, the midwives don't actually care as long as you're healthy and your body is coping well =)

This is a lovely thread. :) I'm 220 lbs at 5'4" So far, this seems to be my max weight. I've been here once before. I'm a size 18 American, mostly on top. Seems the bottoms go between 16 and 18.

And since I'm so huge on top already, I'm a bit anxious about how I'm going to find bras once the boobs start getting big. They're already a pain in the butt. Or back. More a pain the in the back really. ;)

I've been so super bloated these last two weeks, I now completely understand why newly pregnant women are always saying they feel fat. :neutral:

Props to this thread! I was around 107kg a few months back I managed to lose 10kg when I went overseas and met up with FOB. Fell pregnant and now Im back to 107kg last time I checked. My tummy is bloated and my boobs have gone up a cup size.

I havent felt attractive for a few weeks now and I'm hoping that this will pass its getting me down and couple that with the FOB not talking to me it gets to me. The one thing that keeps me going is this little angel and my two boys from my previous marriage.

well, I lost a lot of weight before I got pregnant. I was a size 12 when I was pregnant (US) and now ...I am just HUGE and pregnant! I hate to say how much I gained, especially now in my third trimester with a few weeks to go, but let's just say I have put on at least 50lbs. It's not pretty, but there is nothing I can do about it besides the obvious things like try to eat right. I can't exercise since I have been on bedrest for 6 months out of the 8 I have been pregnant!

:hi: I am plus size on my second pregnancy! Last time I was pregnant I don't remember how much I gained, but I started at 207 and the first time I was able to wear my smallest "before pregnancy" jeans again was at dd first year birthday party.

I am one of the lucky ones who never really got morning sickness so I was able to eat anything I wanted from day one. (I kind of wished I had a little morning sickness, lol).

I had a mc before getting pregnant with dd and another mc 2 months before this pregnancy but other than that they have been textbook. I never had high blood pressure, GD, or any other health problems. My doctor never said too much about how much I gained, but at my 8 week post-birth visit he did tell me it was definitely ok to start exercising as soon as I wanted to lose the baby weight, lol :blush:

I had a hard birth that ended in an emcs, but that had nothing to do with my weight. Silly girl decide to face the wrong way and get stuck! Had she not gotten stuck I would have probably had the natural birth I wanted.

I will tell all you ladies to take pictures and videos! Last pregnancy I felt fat and horrible but took pictures every week anyway and I am sooo glad I did. I only showed them to OH, my sister and a few to my mom, but I still love looking at them to see the progression!

I also did a belly cast around 38 weeks and it is in the nursery. After dd was born I took a picture of her laying in the belly cast (like she was in my belly) and it is a very cool picture. I only have a few videos and I regret that. :(

This pregnancy I have gained a few pounds (why do I crave bad food? Why can't I crave carrot sticks or celery instead of ice cream???) but I am exercising more than last time (hard to stay still with a 2 year old!)

Hope everyone is doing great! :)

Hi everyone I'm a UK plus sized lady :hugs:
just wanted to say Hi to you all & to say I haven't really given my size a second thought :blush:

Wow! Hi everyone! How lovely to hear from u all!! :hugs:

Wow! Hi everyone! How lovely to hear from u all!! :hugs:

Doing well here, how about you? I'm 8w3d today and my weight only keeps fluctuating by 3 or 4 lbs or so. No ms here, but nausea ever now and then. Appointment next friday!

I'm 7+1. Feeling okay, the nausea comes and goes all day long but have only thrown up once. The bloating feeling is slowly going away, it was really bad earlier in the week. Just counting down for my appt in 4 weeks, just keeping my fx that everything is going good.

I feel good but having some lower back pain and tired! I am not brave enough to weigh myself! LOL I am 5 wks 2 days but implant early so probably a week ahead of that!

I'm wondering how my weight will affect people's perception of me. I'm hoping that I get the belly and not just look overweight. I'm a 16-18 in pants and a 36D up top, and am about 5'10". Hopefully I'll get the bump before my last few months (finger's crossed!)

photo.php

Hello! I'm a UK size 18-20 and pregnant with my 1st baby. I think I'm just over 6 weeks based on LMP, hoping to have a lovely bump bit suspect it will take a while to show through the flab :p

I a plus size lady, although id proberly say a plus plus size. Im worried about my weight and pregnancy. I was just under 2 stone lighter on my last pregnancy and I had more apps and more scans and was a high risk cause of weight. I never had any probs during pregnancy and my weight didn't really bother me until a midwife came up to me and said what a bad mother i'll be and i'll never be able to play with my daughter properly and I should be ashamed and that I was stupid. As you can imagine this really upset me and I cried for days and it made me feel like such a failiure before I had even had my lo. Within about 20 mins of me giving birth this midwife came in to see my LO and straight away asked me what I intend to do about my weight. Needless to say I told her I was more concerned about my DD than my weight and she stormed off. This time round im now scared stiff cause of my weight, im currently on a very sensible diet so im hoping to lose some weight while pregnant and me and DD are going for long walks in the afternoon aswell. I cant wait for my bump to show but I didn't get one till I was 7 months last time. I used to wear a tshirt saying bump so people knew I was pregnant and not horrendously overweight

Any guesses on how long it might take to get a bump? I'm size 16 us.

I a plus size lady, although id proberly say a plus plus size. Im worried about my weight and pregnancy. I was just under 2 stone lighter on my last pregnancy and I had more apps and more scans and was a high risk cause of weight. I never had any probs during pregnancy and my weight didn't really bother me until a midwife came up to me and said what a bad mother i'll be and i'll never be able to play with my daughter properly and I should be ashamed and that I was stupid. As you can imagine this really upset me and I cried for days and it made me feel like such a failiure before I had even had my lo. Within about 20 mins of me giving birth this midwife came in to see my LO and straight away asked me what I intend to do about my weight. Needless to say I told her I was more concerned about my DD than my weight and she stormed off. This time round im now scared stiff cause of my weight, im currently on a very sensible diet so im hoping to lose some weight while pregnant and me and DD are going for long walks in the afternoon aswell. I cant wait for my bump to show but I didn't get one till I was 7 months last time. I used to wear a tshirt saying bump so people knew I was pregnant and not horrendously overweight

That's so awful. Did you complain? I am also plus plus size and have never had anyone speak to me so cruelly. You must have so upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->