Pregnant & plus size... Anyone else out there??

I've already gained 7lbs im mortified, considering iv had all day nausea & didnt think I was eating too badly :cry:

Im dreading my mw appointment monday, think im gunna go on my own dont want to b embarrassed infront of my hubby. I have an appointment a week monday with the weight management nurse who I hope will refer me to slimming world!

Also haven't been to the gym in nearly 2 weeks cos iv just been feeling to bleurgh... :nope:

Hope everyone else is doing better than me xxx

I've already gained 7lbs im mortified, considering iv had all day nausea & didnt think I was eating too badly :cry:

Im dreading my mw appointment monday, think im gunna go on my own dont want to b embarrassed infront of my hubby. I have an appointment a week monday with the weight management nurse who I hope will refer me to slimming world!

Also haven't been to the gym in nearly 2 weeks cos iv just been feeling to bleurgh... :nope:

Hope everyone else is doing better than me xxx

Please don't be hard on yourself hun. I too gained a bit in the first tri and lost a few pounds by second tri. The first tri is full of bloating and water retention. I was also embarrassed in the beginning but I told my hubby that I was gaining weight for the baby and that after I give birth I was going to work hard on losing weight b/c I really needed to for me to be healthy. Now is the time to have a healthy pregnancy :)

I do log my food and try to make healthy choices though :thumbup:

I'm a plus size too my weight has always been a issue some days I don't care other days I'm paranoid lol I am worried I will get nagged at by the doctors because of my weight while being pregnant

I was a size 18/20 and I was showing by 5 months :)
Oh that makes me excited. :) I'm an 18 and I feel like all this bloat is making me look ridiculous pregnant at 7 weeks. It'll be nice to have a real bump so soon. :)

i've lost 13kg from my pre-preg weight with DS but still 7kg over my target weight (which still makes me technically overweight, but go much lighter and people think i'm ill, haha). i've told the midwife my calorie intake, exercise, gave her an example of my meals in a day, and she's happy for me to continue doing what i'm doing. her only stipulation is that i take a multivitamin if i start vomiting from the MS, which is fine. she also said not to beat myself up over gaining.

currently 83.8kg, hoping not to gain as much as with DS so looking to top out at 93.8kg but we'll just have to wait and see.

Hello ladies!

I'm pg with my 4th, started out this pg at 216. I dropped 8lbs and have gained back 10 as of yesterday at my 21 week appointment.

I was a 14/16 US sizes and will post a couple bump pictures. . .I showed VERY early. I think it all depends on how you carry your weight. I have a very short waist so there is nowhere to go but out. :)

There is a post thread in groups for plus sized ladies as well if anyone is interested! It would be lovely to have even more input and such!!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/1921027-plus-size-pregnant.html

12 weeks, 18 weeks and 21 weeks. . .
Babybump 12wks.jpg

18 weeks.jpg

21 weeks.jpg

I'm pregnant and plus size. I'm very worried about increased risk of miscarriage but I think I may just be paranoid because it took us 2 years to get to this point with fertility medications. First scan set for next week! I'll be 6w2d for scan. But my numbers have increased quite quickly so doctor thinks we'll be good to go! I've also been looking at plus size maternity clothes and they're hard to find!

Hello ladies!
Hello! Wow! Fab bump! :)

Little update...I had gained 8lb already but at my mw appointment monday id lost 7lb , she was lovely after all my threating! My bmi is 36 (still really high) but its actually only 1 over the higher risk category so she didnt mark me as high risk! Really pleased about that just means I have to have glucose intolerance tests later on but as I had PCO she said I would of needed that regardless of size anyway. .. Soo feeling much happier just wish my first scan appointment would hurry up & come through!! Impatient! :winkwink:

Babymaybe... when did you take your digi test and it said 2-3 weeks. Sounds like a strange question but I am 5 weeks 5 days only a day diff to you. Im paranoid in having twins I took a digital test 2 weeks agi and it said 2-3 weeks it seemed early to get that result for how far the docs said I was lol I dont see the midwife for the first time until the end of October and as for a scan ive got ages to wait yet x

Babymaybe... when did you take your digi test and it said 2-3 weeks. Sounds like a strange question but I am 5 weeks 5 days only a day diff to you. Im paranoid in having twins I took a digital test 2 weeks agi and it said 2-3 weeks it seemed early to get that result for how far the docs said I was lol I dont see the midwife for the first time until the end of October and as for a scan ive got ages to wait yet x

At 4 weeks exactly I got a digi 1-2 weeks, at 4w3d I took a second digi and it showed 2-3 weeks. I didn't take any digi's in between.

I think I was 4 weeks too pheww makes me feel better lol do u have any morning sickness yet I have none

I think I was 4 weeks too pheww makes me feel better lol do u have any morning sickness yet I have none
Just seen this! No morning sickness yet for me thank goodness. Have a teeny bit of nausea here and there throughout the day but I never feel like I need to be near a trash can. :haha: My biggest problem has been... TMI... diarrhea
. Anyone else have that? I've had it since a few days before I tested. It's terrible but I'm sure better than morning sickness. My only other symptoms are fatigue... ridiculous fatigue... and sore breasts. Sometimes I can't even get comfortable in bed. :(

Any other plus sizers having twins?

Hello ladies! I'm newly pregnant with #2 and my digi test says 1-2 so still VERY early! I gained about 63lbs with my first (big oh-oh), so needless to say, I kept a lot of that weight. This time I fell pregnant 17lbs heavier than last time. I have a 2 year old son, so working out/eating well working full time sitting at a desk has been hard. I recently lost 6lbs, so I've been sticking to eating well pretty strictly so hoping to be able to keep weight gain under control. I am currently 197lbs at 5'3" which puts me at obese. I'm a size 16US and thankfully have clothes from my previous pregnancy. I'm hoping that if all goes well (sticky baby dust) to only put on 20-25lbs. I'm excited to have found this group!

We have a screening here where i work every year where they do all your "numbers", glucose, cholesterol, BMI, BP and the like...i think i shock the heck out of the techs because my weight is considered "extremely obese" by the little chart standards (280 pre-pregnancy, 5' 7" (and a quarter! woohoo!) so like a BMI of 44) but my BP, glucose, cholesterol, heartrate are all below the normal thresholds.. i walk every day still, and try to keep to normal portions (definitely cannot do the 160 cal yogurt for breakfast, 100 cal granola bar for snack, 300 max cal for lunch and then a 600 to 800 cal dinner anymore, baby gets hungry with that :dohh:)...it makes me feel a little better about myself to see those numbers in black and white :thumbup:

Hi ladies!!! I'm joining in with ya'll. I'm currently pg with baby #2. With DS (10 months old now), I gained 60 lbs while pregnant!!!! I was so depressed about the weight gain towards the end. I'd been losing weight (lost 40lbs so far) and just found out I'm pg again. I'm currently at 236lbs (size 18) and 5'9" tall. So far I haven't gained a single pound (though I'm only 6 weeks, so I didn't expect to have!). All I'm craving right now is veggies and fruits. I can't get enough salads, cucumbers, carrots, and raspberries. With DS all I wanted was meat and carbs! Hopefully these healthy cravings will stick with me, and I'll be able to keep weight gain to a minimum this time!
Now that the weather is cooling off here in Texas, I'm hoping to do some exercise outside (walking with DS).
Best of luck to you all!!

OH! I forgot to mention maternity clothes!!

I had an awful time finding maternity clothes with my last pregnancy. I ended up finding maybe 4 pairs of pants, and 5 or 6 shirts. This time, I made my own pants! I love my sewing machine, and with practice, I've perfected transforming normal pants into maternity pants, so I'm pretty excited to enjoy a better maternity wardrobe this time around!

Hi ladies, I too was petrifed and so upset that you wouldnt tell i was pregnant due to been very large. Over 290lbs. Size 24-26 UK clothing... I carried most weight on mmy stomach as it was. but i did show from 22 weeks! Il add some picks to show, and just to remind myself i will get a bump again!
1. 25-26 weeks
2. around 27 weeks...
3. 28+1 was a big growth from last week!
4. 33+2 Getting closer
5. 39weeks 2days!

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 198418_10150433046315386_6391293_n.jpg
    198418_10150433046315386_6391293_n.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 22
  • 33wk2days.jpg
    33wk2days.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 39wk 2days (2).jpg
    39wk 2days (2).jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 20
I'm in the US and Im plus size as well. I weigh about 213 right now and Im concerned. I do have health issues but they seem to be doing fine right now actually. I have been trying to eat healthy so I am hoping I can stick with it and won't gain too much weight. I just want the baby to be health of course!

Just seen this! No morning sickness yet for me thank goodness. Have a teeny bit of nausea here and there throughout the day but I never feel like I need to be near a trash can. :haha: My biggest problem has been... TMI... diarrhea
. Anyone else have that? I've had it since a few days before I tested. It's terrible but I'm sure better than morning sickness. My only other symptoms are fatigue... ridiculous fatigue... and sore breasts. Sometimes I can't even get comfortable in bed. :(

Any other plus sizers having twins?

I also get the first trimester diarrhea then it turns to constipation...brutal! My breasts with this pregnancy are so, full. I also get sharp shooting pains in my nipples at times...

I have my first scan tomorrow, we can't wait to see our little bundle to be. I would love twins, and surprisngly had two dreams about it so we shall see. I became pregnant right after delivering our son, 6 weeks after so I am not sure if I was ovulating wacky :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->