Pregnant & plus size... Anyone else out there??

Hi ladies:flower:

Is it ok if I join you?

I had my booking appointment yesterday with the midwife and she is classed me as high risk due to my BMI. I had to get on the dreaded scales I am 215lbs :shrug: Thats 2 babies for you and …..cake.

She said I need to test my blood sugar daily as I had too much water last time and missed GD. She also said that I might have to inject daily blood thinners due to my BMI but said I she would leave it up to the consultant.
Anyone else having to do this?

This will be my 3rd and last c-section dreading it already.

My OB recommends me taking an extra folic acid because of my weight, but nothing about blood thinners...I did have to do the 1 hour glucose test earlier than they normally ask, but it came back normal, so I was happy about that. Did you have Gestational Diabetes both times you were pregnant? sometimes you could have it during one pregnancy, but not the next from what i understand, so i would think they would want to check to be sure before just having you poke yourself each morning..

Is it ok if I join you?

I had my booking appointment yesterday with the midwife and she is classed me as high risk due to my BMI. I had to get on the dreaded scales I am 215lbs :shrug: Thats 2 babies for you and …..cake.

She said I need to test my blood sugar daily as I had too much water last time and missed GD. She also said that I might have to inject daily blood thinners due to my BMI but said I she would leave it up to the consultant.

My OB recommends me taking an extra folic acid because of my weight, but nothing about blood thinners...I did have to do the 1 hour glucose test earlier than they normally ask, but it came back normal, so I was happy about that. Did you have Gestational Diabetes both times you were pregnant? sometimes you could have it during one pregnancy, but not the next from what i understand, so i would think they would want to check to be sure before just having you poke yourself each morning..

I had polyhydramnios with my last and they think I was borderline GD that caused it. So they are getting me to check my bloods daily to be on the safe side, incase that was the cause. As far as the blood thinners I'm hoping the consultant will say its not necessary. Not really very keen on the thought!.

Is it ok if I join you?

I had polyhydramnios with my last and they think I was borderline GD that caused it. So they are getting me to check my bloods daily to be on the safe side, incase that was the cause. As far as the blood thinners I'm hoping the consultant will say its not necessary. Not really very keen on the thought!.

Yeah i wouldnt be either! good luck and here's hoping they change their mind on those if you really dont need them! :flower:

Plus size mama here too! I have had pretty bad MS and between being able to eat, constipation (I know poop weighs some!) and puking my guts out, I have not gained anything and fluctuate 1-2 pounds. Last pregnancy, this far along I was already up 7lbs, so If I can hold off on gaining weight, i can be on par to when I was lighter in my first pregnancy and just try not to gain as much weight with this one. I'm currently 198lbs and my doctor said I could gain up to 30lbs, but I really don't want to hit that mark since I am hoping for a vbac. I plan to start using my Zumba Wii again after this horrid MS gets under control to help me not put on excess weight.

I a plus size lady, although id proberly say a plus plus size. Im worried about my weight and pregnancy. I was just under 2 stone lighter on my last pregnancy and I had more apps and more scans and was a high risk cause of weight. I never had any probs during pregnancy and my weight didn't really bother me until a midwife came up to me and said what a bad mother i'll be and i'll never be able to play with my daughter properly and I should be ashamed and that I was stupid. As you can imagine this really upset me and I cried for days and it made me feel like such a failiure before I had even had my lo. Within about 20 mins of me giving birth this midwife came in to see my LO and straight away asked me what I intend to do about my weight. Needless to say I told her I was more concerned about my DD than my weight and she stormed off. This time round im now scared stiff cause of my weight, im currently on a very sensible diet so im hoping to lose some weight while pregnant and me and DD are going for long walks in the afternoon aswell. I cant wait for my bump to show but I didn't get one till I was 7 months last time. I used to wear a tshirt saying bump so people knew I was pregnant and not horrendously overweight

I am a big girl too and had a midwife say similar to me during my 2nd pregnancy (well she said my children will be ashamed of me when they go to school). I am not a rude person but she made me so angry I had to give her a piece of my mind; I told her to save the lectures for the druggies and drinkers and to f*ck right off. Know this isn't a reaction everyone can give when they've just been insulted by some old witch but please don't let it stress you out and ruin even a minute of your pregnancy.

This is my third time and my previous two have been text book, no high bp, no gd, not even swollen ankles! Had several friends have babies over the same period and ironically all the thinner ones are the ones who have suffered from various ailments.

Also, second time round I showed alot earlier and a lot more and this time I think my stomach muscles have given up already as I already have a bump so don't worry about not showing - you will.

There are a lot worse things you can be in this world than a fat mum!

Big hugs to us big girls and please don't let a few ignorant people ruin a magical time xxxxxx

Hi all. I know there was discussion before about finding maternity clothes. I went to the mall this past weekend (it's a pretty big mall) and was only able to find one store with plus size maternity clothes and they only had 2 racks. Out of those two racks, I was able to get 4 pairs of pants and 8 shirts!:happydance: Unfortunately, Old Navy, JCPenny, Kohl's, or Macy's didn't have plus size maternity in the store. Macy's had a "Motherhood maternity" section, but no plus size. So, for those of you looking that have a Sears near you, that would be a good place to check!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->