Pregnant & plus size... Anyone else out there??

Hey ladies I to am plus size, sz 20-22. I had healthy 1st pregnancy in 2009. This past Jan. I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks so this pregnancy I am really nervous. 2 scan so far have been good but I am still not able to be really excited. It seems like at any minute it could be all gone so I don't want to get my hopes up. Anyone have a Doppler at home? If so when could you hear a heart beat?

Hi ladies, I too was petrifed and so upset that you wouldnt tell i was pregnant due to been very large. Over 290lbs. Size 24-26 UK clothing... I carried most weight on mmy stomach as it was. but i did show from 22 weeks! Il add some picks to show, and just to remind myself i will get a bump again!
1. 25-26 weeks
2. around 27 weeks...
3. 28+1 was a big growth from last week!
4. 33+2 Getting closer
5. 39weeks 2days!

Aww thanks for posting theE lovely pics of your bump, made me feel more excited about getting bigger!

Hi ladies, I too was petrifed and so upset that you wouldnt tell i was pregnant due to been very large. Over 290lbs. Size 24-26 UK clothing... I carried most weight on mmy stomach as it was. but i did show from 22 weeks! Il add some picks to show, and just to remind myself i will get a bump again!
1. 25-26 weeks
2. around 27 weeks...
4. 33+2 Getting closer
5. 39weeks 2days!

Aww thanks for posting theE lovely pics of your bump, made me feel more excited about getting bigger!
Thanks. I was so upset too thinking i wouldnt show!! Very excited 2nd time round :D

Hey ladies I to am plus size, sz 20-22. I had healthy 1st pregnancy in 2009. This past Jan. I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks so this pregnancy I am really nervous. 2 scan so far have been good but I am still not able to be really excited. It seems like at any minute it could be all gone so I don't want to get my hopes up. Anyone have a Doppler at home? If so when could you hear a heart beat?

Hiya I have a Doppler I bought it when I was pregnant with my youngest they are fantastic I had a mc in august so I'm very nervous too I'm going to use my Doppler tomorrow when I'm 8 weeks see if I can hear the heart beat early with my youngest it was 10 weeks when I heard heart beat but some say you can pick it up earlier

1. 25-26 weeks
2. around 27 weeks...
4. 33+2 Getting closer
5. 39weeks 2days!

Thanks. I was so upset too thinking i wouldnt show!! Very excited 2nd time round :D

Hi, im exactly the same size as you, I hate not showing that I was pregnant but I popped at 7 months, hoping I will pop sooner this time

1. 25-26 weeks
2. around 27 weeks...
4. 33+2 Getting closer
5. 39weeks 2days!

Hi, im exactly the same size as you, I hate not showing that I was pregnant but I popped at 7 months, hoping I will pop sooner this time

Cogratulations :flower:

Ive lost weight since last pregnancy but i feel my stomach is just as big & yet again dont think il show again until 21 weeks or so :dohh:

Hi ladies - I'm plus size too in UK...BMI at early booking (7 weeks) was 43. I was 116kg. I am now 11 weeks and 111kg. I've just had no appetite and eating makes me feel so sick.

With DD I started at 101kg and remained that weight all the way through. After giving birth I was 88kg so lost while pregnant. I think this was because after MS I had awful heartburn so couldn't eat or I would choke on acid!

My midwife was lovely and really understanding, however because I am high risk due to weight my care will be consultant led so will not see the midwife again - only the consultant. I hope the consultant is as nice. 1st appt with her on 21 Nov.

Anyway with BMI around 40 I have managed to pick up heartbeat on angelsounds doppler since 11 weeks. Didn't try before. I was really worried that being plus size would mean I wouldn't be able to find/hear it but I can and find it every morning.

Evening ladies, I'm a plus size mummy too..

I'm a size 18/20, and finally back to the size I was before I had my daughter in February.
I was consultant led last time, but only had to see him twice, rest was just midwife.

It took me longer to show and feel kicks with my daughter than some, but maybe that was just because she was my first.

Hope everyone's well :) x

Hey Ladies

just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing and feeling?
I am currently 14 weeks and not doing too bad other than the bloating feeling which I think is never going away and the pains from my uterus stretching, its going pretty well. Had a scan at 12 weeks and everything looked good.

Not too enthused about looking for plus size maternity clothes though, think there is only one option in toronto- motherhood maternity. Looking at the prices online, its a litte expensive.

I forgot about this thread!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their pregnancies so far.

I have not gained any weight just yet. My MS has not been too bad, minus a day or two.

My scan at 8w2 showed a healthy baby and a hb of 189.

My next scan is next week and I'll be 11w4d. I am nervous. I just hope everything is ok. I had a chemical pregnancy earlier this year but other than that I 've never had any sort of miscarriage. I am so scared that when I go in for this next scan they will say there is no HB. I have started to feel some flutters though, which I love! :thumbup:

I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant and so much heavier than I was last time. This time I'm 274 lbs, I had lost 21 lbs before I found out I was pregnant. Been told I can only gain 8-10 lbs so I've been freaking out about it!

I'm a very similar weight to you Zooy and only a few days behind you at 10+3 so wanted to give you a wave :hi:

I definitely can't feel flutters yet but I can feel my tummy starting to harden which is wonderful :cloud9:

I really can't wait to have a bump, I'll be sad if I only have it for a few months, I don't carry loads of weight on my stomach so I'm hoping it will be obvious for a while.

hi all..im plus size and pregnant with my 2nd :)

I'm plus sized and pregnant with my 3rd baby 5th pregnancy. I started losing weight in June in preparation for deciding if we wanted a 3rd baby next summer. I went from 275 to 224 and missed my period. Didn't know what was going on and never suspected pregnancy. Oops? I was pretty upset since I've had hard pregnancies in the past and most of my issues were due to my weight. I weighed 297 when I had my daughter 19 months ago so I know I'm at an easier weight for my body this time but I did want to weigh less before taking on another pregnancy. Nothing to do about it now. I've lost 2 lbs since I found out which is a nice change from gaining 10 by now with previous pregnancies.

Good luck everyone!

I got my BFP on Tuesday, and I'm worrying about everything. I've done nothing but Google since - convinced something is going to wrong! Looking back, my first symptoms started around 23rd October, and my last period started on 27th September, although I am very irregular so I can't be certain of when I conceived or how far along I am. I'd guess around 6 weeks.

I weigh about 255lb, a UK size 20-22. My first appointment with the midwife is in just under two weeks - and I have no idea about a scan. I don't know how I'm going to last that long without freaking out completely!

I got my BFP on Tuesday, and I'm worrying about everything. I've done nothing but Google since - convinced something is going to wrong! Looking back, my first symptoms started around 23rd October, and my last period started on 27th September, although I am very irregular so I can't be certain of when I conceived or how far along I am. I'd guess around 6 weeks.

I weigh about 255lb, a UK size 20-22. My first appointment with the midwife is in just under two weeks - and I have no idea about a scan. I don't know how I'm going to last that long without freaking out completely!

Nope, nope.. stay away from google...its a surefire way of scaring the crap out of yourself! And just take some deep breaths, that appointment will be here before you know it..
Oh! and congrats! :hugs:

Hi ladies:flower:

Is it ok if I join you?

I had my booking appointment yesterday with the midwife and she is classed me as high risk due to my BMI. I had to get on the dreaded scales I am 215lbs :shrug: Thats 2 babies for you and …..cake.

She said I need to test my blood sugar daily as I had too much water last time and missed GD. She also said that I might have to inject daily blood thinners due to my BMI but said I she would leave it up to the consultant.
Anyone else having to do this?

This will be my 3rd and last c-section dreading it already.

Thanks, Melly Belly :) I can't help it haha but I will try to keep away from it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->